We will learn a great deal by observing which elected officials, blogs, and media outlets rush to defend CAIR.
A second look at excerpts from the book Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld that’s Conspiring to Islamize America, exposing the inner workings and intentions of CAIR. Our first look at excerpts from the book here.
CAIR sent Marshall out each Friday with another intern to conduct outreach at Washington-area mosques. They passed out literature to worshipers and answered questions about CAIR. Marshall remained steadfastly Shariah-compliant, even rolling up his pant legs above the ankle before entering the mosques he visited.
Interestingly, CAIR was not welcome at the Islamic Center of Washington, located on Embassy Row, which receives official delegations including the president. “They won’t let CAIR do outreach there,” Marshall says. “They won’t let them set up a table.”
While working at another DC mosque, Marshall was approached by a follower of a radical Muslim cleric who declares Islam will dominate the world including the United States by the year 2050. Imam Abdul Alim Musa, his truculent protégé said, doesn’t whitewash over the call to violent jihad like other clerics, and considers it the “sixth pillar of Islam.” Indeed, Musa, who runs the Masjid Al-Islam on A Street, has praised suicide bombers as heroes while calling for the overthrow of the U.S. government. His follower added, defiantly, that Musa “doesn’t care if the FBI follows him.”
Across the Potomac is another radical Muslim Brotherhood mosque under FBI surveillance. Dar al-Hijrah of Falls Church, Virginia, is where some of the 9/11 hijackers received aid and comfort, and where Marshall took his Shahada. One of the congregants who witnessed his profession of faith—Umar Lee—reminded Marshall that doing the kind of undercover work he does is never safe.
Lee roomed with Ismail Royer when Royer worked for CAIR as a civil rights coordinator and before he was sent to federal prison on terrorism-related charges in the investigation of the Virginia Jihad Network. Lee now writes a popular jihadist blog. One of his recent entries glorifies Muslim bloodlust: “The Prophet (SAS) was a warrior and many of the Sahabah that he loved were straight-up killers.” (SAS is an Arabic notation of respect which literally translates, “Allah prayed over him and gave him peace,” while the Sahabah refers to the companions of Muhammad.)
Lee also brags that “Islam spread through jihad and was sustained by the sword of very masculine men,” who took “young girls” as sex slaves from the ranks of the kaffir, or infidels. Judging from the sympathetic pings his blog gets, there is no shortage of young Muslim men living in the nation’s capital—near the White House, Congress, and the Pentagon—who sympathize with his belligerent and misogynistic rants. One fellow Islamic supremacist posted this lovely sentiment: “The kaffir are to live under us, and their filthy status is below ours. Period.”
Such views made Marshall’s blood run cold. But to stay in their confidence, he had to keep walking their walk, talking their talk, even praying their prayers in their hate-filled mosques, where he was known as “Dawud.”
Only his name isn’t really Dawud or even David Marshall. That was the nom de guerre he used. His real name is Chris Gaubatz—the son of counterterrorism investigator Paul David Gaubatz. Chris works as his chief field investigator, along with assistants Stephanie Creswell and Charety Zhe, both of whom had covered their heads with hijabs to appear Shariah-compliant during the operation. Like the proverbial canaries in the coal mine, they determined the coast was clear for the younger Gaubatz to infiltrate.
His true identity should come as an even bigger shock to CAIR’s leadership.
“The funniest thing that happened was at the ISNA convention, when I was spending a lot of time with Hooper and he was talking to Saylor about this ‘Dave Gaubatz guy,’ who they’d heard did undercover work in the Muslim community,” Gaubatz says. “Hooper said, ‘He’s dangerous and knows too much. I was reading somewhere that his son works with him sometimes. So we’ve got to look out for his son, too.’
“And I was like, ‘Do you know what he looks like or anything, so I can help?’” Gaubatz recalls with a chuckle. “And Saylor said, ‘Nah, nobody has any pictures of him.’”
That he was able to puncture through CAIR’s defensive screen and sneak behind enemy lines without getting caught or breaking cover is remarkable. The insular CAIR is paranoid of outside threats and had increased security only a year before Gaubatz came aboard, adding a magnetic card reader and buzz-in system at its headquarters. CAIR is also paranoid about inside information leaking to the press. In fact, it thought former chairman Parvez Ahmed was the source of some recent leaks.
CAIR’s legal counsel Nadhira al-Khalili didn’t even trust Arab TV crews. When one came through headquarters to film CAIR’s bustling operations, she remarked in the break room that she didn’t like them in the office, because they could be “spies.”
Gaubatz thought she was kidding and began to laugh. “No, I’m serious,” al-Khalili corrected him. “I wouldn’t put it past anybody to send people in here like that.”
To her chagrin, the spy was right there in front of her the whole time. This hated kaffir penetrated CAIR’s inner circle. In fact, no one aside from Gaubatz has ever worked side-by-side undercover with CAIR’s top executives, including Hooper, Saylor, and Awad, whose office was guarded like a “bulldog” by his secretary. He got to know their mindset and operational and strategic methods. And he captured hours of candid conversations with them on his hidden recording devices.
Is such spying bad or unethical? Not when the target is the enemy, and particularly not when the enemy spies on us. It’s counterspying, and it’s perfectly legal, especially when, as in this instance, incriminating evidence is unearthed. (It should be noted that Gaubatz never took any money from CAIR and even refused to cash a $300 stipend for mileage.) And make no mistake, CAIR is the enemy and the enemy is CAIR, something recently declassified FBI documents make crystal clear. They reveal CAIR is part of the pro-jihad, anti-USA Muslim Brotherhood, which directs its terror-supporting fronts to infiltrate government agencies, collect intelligence for the enemy, and undermine the government from within.
So gathering intelligence against CAIR is necessary to protect the nation. And this counterintelligence operation is unprecedented not only in its scope and size, but because it broke taboo and the spell of political correctness that has handcuffed street agents from doing similar operations.
These bad guys have been alarmingly successful at infiltrating our PC-addled system, but we have not been successful at infiltrating their system—until now.
Last September, Raabia Wazir presented “David Marshall” with a certificate of completion “in recognition of his valuable contribution to the Council on American-Islamic Relations.” It’s signed by CAIR chief Awad. Gaubatz was hailed as a model intern and recommended for a full-time job doing chapter development. He turned it down only because it would have required a more stringent background check revealing his true identity.
Gaubatz left, but not before uncovering not only the inner secrets of the dangerous Muslim mafia, but also the inner workings of the anti-Israel lobby and the entire left-wing anti-American conspiracy that includes the ACLU, Congressional Black Caucus, and others.
What follows is a bullet-by-bullet description of the major revelations unearthed from the boxes of CAIR files Gaubatz intercepted on their way to the shredder, including many documents marked “Not for Distribution—For Board Members Only.”
Ironically, the voluminous paper trail created by this notoriously litigious group may just be its undoing. Among the explosive revelations detailed in the chapters that follow:
- CAIR is trying to spring from prison a former headquarters official who trained for jihad with the same Pakistani terrorist group that last year massacred more than 150 people in Mumbai, India.
- CAIR officials are secretly coaching terrorism suspects and witnesses to withhold information from FBI investigators, and have successfully obstructed at least one investigation in Maryland.
- CAIR is donating thousands of dollars to the legal defense fund of a Muslim cop killer.
- CAIR’s visitor logs show the father of an al-Qaida terrorist visited CAIR director Awad several months before he was convicted of plotting to assassinate President Bush.
- Curiously, the logs do not register any guests around September 11, 2001—in fact, the entire month of September is blank.
- CAIR has cultivated Muslim moles inside a Washington-area law enforcement agency, including one who illegally accessed classified FBI records to tip off a terrorist under investigation and another with ties to Pakistani intelligence.
- A longtime CAIR advisory board member and top fundraiser has preached violent insurrection, including calling on street gangs to lead an “Uzi” jihad in America’s cities.
- Another imam whom CAIR frequently books to speak at its events has exhorted Muslims to hijack U.S. military aircraft, including C-130s transporting the elite 82nd Airborne paratroopers out of Fort Bragg—which happens to be part of the district represented by North Carolina state senator Larry Shaw, who this year took over the reins of CAIR as its new chairman.
- CAIR is putting books into neighborhood libraries across the country advising men to beat their wives—but only “lightly”—when they disobey them.
- At the same time, CAIR is lobbying the Justice Department and local law enforcement to exempt Muslim wife-beaters from laws against domestic violence or at least look the other way and let Muslim clerics intervene when Muslims are involved in spousal battery cases—not unlike the one involving a prominent Muslim TV executive who ended up beheading his wife after serial domestic abuse.
- CAIR’s library package includes a guide to Islam edited by a radical Muslim cleric who cheered the tragic space shuttle Columbia disaster as a “good omen” for Islam and is now behind bars for inciting anti-U.S. warfare.
- CAIR is running an influence operation against members of key homeland security committees on Capitol Hill and planting Islamist spies in congressional offices.
- During the 2004 presidential campaign, CAIR organized a “task force” of other radical Muslim Brotherhood fronts to hammer out a “Muslim platform” that initially included a draft proposal “supporting Islamic groups including Mr. Bin Laden and his associates.”
- CAIR’s leadership is coordinating political activities during monthly breakfasts with Congressman Ellison, who boasted during a Juma prayer in the Capitol building that they’ll have fifteen Muslims like him in Congress by the next election and then far more after that.
- CAIR is doing an inordinate amount of political lobbying and campaigning possibly in violation of its 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, which restricts such activities.
- CAIR lists in a “strategy” document marked “Company Proprietary” a long-term goal of “influencing congressmen responsible for policy that directly impacts the American Muslim community,” including “congressmen on the judiciary, intelligence, and homeland security committees.”
- CAIR last year teamed up with a terror-tied Islamic investment bank to attack publicly traded American firms who refuse to comply with Shariah law by using shareholder resolutions, divestitures, and boycotts against them.
- Stung by recent terrorism charges, CAIR is losing members and dues and operating in the red; in fact, it is struggling financially to the point where it has to rent out one of the three floors it operates at its Capitol Hill headquarters.
- CAIR is suffering from a whopping 50 percent employee turnover rate in the Washington area and having a difficult time recruiting new talent.
- Interns have refused to be formally photographed with CAIR officials for fear of being associated with terrorists and profiled at airports, and some have even removed their CAIR experience from their resumés.
- CAIR executives travel regularly to the Middle East to raise cash, and bank wire transfers show Saudi princes have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to CAIR—even as it claims to receive no foreign support.
- While cash-poor, CAIR is asset-rich, and in recent years has partnered with Arab investors—including a UAE defense minister who once equipped Osama bin Laden’s camps in Afghanistan—to finance its headquarters and buy up an alarming number of parcels of property in downtown DC while shielding them under a holding company.
- CAIR tried to muscle out other groups to represent the so-called Flying Imams against US Airways, promising them “large compensation,” and in another revelation, CAIR had a previous history with the lead imam in the case, working with him on a similar stunt that occurred on board an America West flight.
- CAIR went to extraordinary lengths to shake down Bank of America in a frivolous claim of discrimination involving a Muslim employee, internal strategy documents reveal.
- In spite of claims it represents all Muslims, CAIR routinely discriminates against Shiites and other Muslims—including its own employees—in favor of Sunni Muslims.
- CAIR is actively training Homeland Security agents to respect Muslims and Islam, while brainwashing them to think jihad means “internal struggle against sin,” and not holy war, as part of a dangerous disinformation campaign.
- CAIR quietly removed from its Web site an “Urban Legends” rebuttal it posted in response to growing criticism and terror charges after its falsehoods became transparently and embarrassingly obvious.
- Desperate for revenue, CAIR tasks its interns with researching and writing grant proposals while providing blatantly false information in grant applications.
- CAIR privately worries that “major roadblocks” to mainstreaming Islam in America include the religion’s “treatment of women and violence,” but instead of acknowledging misogyny and jihad as problems and disavowing them, CAIR coaches staff to use more effective methods to whitewash over them.
- CAIR and the ACLU have formed a strategic partnership to target the FBI with “ethnicity related” civil rights complaints.
- During the recent Lebanon crisis, which saw Israel defend itself from Hezbollah rockets, CAIR actually had the temerity to seriously consider suing the U.S. and Israel under RICO racketeering statutes for “conspiring to commit murder, kidnapping, property damage, and acts of terrorism.”
But that’s not all.
Early in the undercover operation, Gaubatz was given permission one day to work on a certain project in his boss’s office at the Herndon chapter, which CAIR was abruptly closing. The atmosphere was tense.
“I just knew there was something going on,” he says. “Nobody was saying anything about why the office was closing.”
His boss at the time, Iqbal, was out and Gaubatz found himself alone in Iqbal’s office. He spied on the desk in front of him a folder that looked suspicious.
“I just started looking at it,” he recalls, “and then I saw some of the handwritten notes where they’d said this guy is threatening to sue, this guy is threatening to go to the media.
Filed under: Creeping Sharia, DC, Jihad, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia Tagged: | cair, Creeping Sharia, fbi, hamas, islam, Jihad, Legal, Life, Media, Muslim, News, Obama, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism, travel