An update on this post - Islamist group claims victory over LAPD. See something, say something, something said deleted immediately. via LAPD Modifies SAR Surveillance Program After Muslim Complaints | TheBlaze.com.
So, here’s how the program is changing…
SCPR.org continues with all of the agreed-to changes:
- Any reporting of incidents by law enforcement on individuals or groups must be connected to criminal activity.
- Any surveillance must have a nexus to terrorism.
- Any report that does not meet that standard will be purged from any intelligence gathering mechanism within LAPD.
- The Inspector General of LAPD, who is appointed by a civilian board of commissioners and is independent from LAPD, will audit the SAR program and will make the audit available for public review.
- LAPD will include a means to track racial bias within the SAR reports to determine if there is any ethnic profiling within the program.
“We’re removing noncriminal behavior from SAR reporting, and data on innocuous behavior is being purged,” Muslim Public Affairs Council President Salam Al-Marayati said in an interview with RNS. ”The community engagement model can work; it’s more effective. The mosques have rejected the al-Qaida ideology of death — that‘s why it’s even more important for law enforcement to partner with the mosques.”
In an effort to ease any worries, Cmdr. Blake Chow, who serves with the LAPD’s counterterrorism bureau, cited these changes as an example of authorities’ efforts to reach out to the Muslim community. Chow pledges that, following the changes, the SAR program will be as robust and effective as always.
(H/T: Religion News Service)
Law enforcement is always bending over and giving reach arounds to one group that only comprises 1% of the population – Muslims. Submission. Dhimmitude. We really are $#%#ed.
- LAPD Chief Hosts Quarterly Muslim Forum, Announces Fatwa
- LA sheriff gives Muslim men helicopter tours of patrol stations
- The Islamic Shura Council, Muslim Brotherhood, and California police departments (video)
- Brotherhood-linked Muslim Group Says it Was Consulted on Choice of L.A. Police Chief
- LA Sheriff Dept’s taxpayer funded Muslim “community” program (video)
- Group: LA Sheriff Lee Baca must be fired for praising Hamas-linked CAIR
- LA Sheriff Lee Baca’s multiple Muslim Outreach programs
- LA Sheriff who testified before Congress has ties to terror-linked CAIR
- Terror linked Muslims shut down LAPD mapping project
Filed under: Alerts, California, Creeping Sharia, Legal, Media, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Stealth Jihad Tagged: | Creeping Sharia, dhimmi, islam, Jihad, law, Life, litigation jihad, Media, Muslim, News, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism