Why is it such a big deal that a Muslim community is simply trying to build a house of worship?
Let’s start with a little math. Murfreesboro, TN has just over 100,000 residents. According to estimates provided by the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, there are 200 to 300 Muslim families living in the area. When they announced their plans to build a 53,000 square foot mega mosque, a lot of questions came up. One subject of concern was why they needed such a huge compound for so few families. What is particularly disconcerting is that, according to their own documents (attached 2009 annual report) the ICM only has 45 active paying member families. Naturally this begs another question – who is paying for this massive compound?
And, what will it really cost to build something that looks like this, per square foot, at 53,000 square feet, when the project is completed? How many millions of dollars will these “45 active members” be coming up with – and where is all this money coming from?
PICTURED ABOVE: The first 12,000 square feet of a 53,000 square foot mega mosque
But the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro says it’s just a place of worship, right?
According to a passage on the ICM website from 2008, since scrubbed from the web, but preserved in the attached documents, here is what the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro website used to say about an objective of their presence, in Tennessee (before they scrubbed this from the web):
“The main focus is to insure the masjid (mosque) stronghold on our community and to expand beyond religious teachings… We must work hard so that the ICM have a prominent role in the development and progression of not only Mufreesboro, but of Middle Tennessee.”
I’m sure the mosque has a perfectly reasonable explanation for this. I guess it’s really up to you to decide for yourself, whether they mean “expand beyond religious teachings” when they explicitly say “expand beyond religious teachings”.
To put the next passage in context, know that the author of the Koran, “Prophet” Mohammed (asserting it was an angel who came to him) spoke only Arabic, and coincidentally the god he created, Allah, speaks only Arabic too. And Allah only hears prayers in Arabic. That said, the scrubbed passages from the old ICM site go on to say:
“And to add one more, the Rutherford County school system currently offers French, Latin, German and Spanish, as a second language, to see our community work with the school board to establish a program that also offers Arabic as a second language would be a great achievement in the name of Allah.”
When it comes to applying pressure on the County to teach Arabic to the children of this area, remember that the population of Murfreesboro is only about 100,000 residents. And the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, by their own count, is representing around 200 to 300 families.
So their internal documents say they want to change the local educational system. But, has the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, actually ever attempted to pressure the School Board, to practice Islamic Law in the public schools?
Click the following link to discover firsthand, how Abdou Kattih of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro is instructing the government funded public schools on how to provide special treatment- for its Muslim students.
Please click here and see for yourself the multipage instructions that Abdou Kattih sent the school, demanding that the schools become Sharia compliant. This “informative newsletter to distribute to the principles in the Rutherford county schools” was attached to an email to the School Board: From: Abdou Kattih Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:54 PM.
Below are a few of the finer points, quoted verbatim with no additional language. By clicking on the link you can read for yourself where Abdou Kattih of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro is ordering the taxpayer funded school conform to Islamic Law in the following ways:
- Men and boys are always to be covered from the navel to the knee in public.
- Muslim females are required to wear loose-fitting and non-revealing clothing which includes a head covering.
- Some of the five prayers may fall within regular school hours. It takes less than 15 minutes to accomplish the prayer. It includes:
- Washing: Before the prayer, Muslims perform a simple wash with clean water. This is normally performed in the restroom sink.
- Prayer space and Time: During the prayer, the Muslim will stand, bow, and touch the forehead to the ground. This may be performed in any quite, clean room. Total privacy is not required.
- Attention: During the prayer, Muslims are fully engaged and they may not respond to a conversation. Students and teachers should not take offense of the worshiper not answering their call. However, in case of an emergency, the Muslim will respond to an announcement by stopping the prayer immediately.
- Fasting students may ask to use the library instead of the cafeteria during lunch. Also they may ask to be excused from strenuous physical activities during fasting.
- Muslim boys and girls may not take same-sex communal after-sports showers without wearing appropriate covering on their bodies.
- Close contact with local Islamic centers is essential to encourage input from the Muslim community.
- In Islam, Friday is the day for the congregational worship, called Jumaha. It is an obligation that must be fulfilled, and it lasts about one hour.
- Textbooks that contribute to religious prejudice are not suitable.
- Qualified Muslim educators should participate in the textbook selection process, particularly for history, social studies and geography texts.
Much much more to read at globalinfidel.tv
Filed under: Alerts, Creeping Sharia, Media, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Stealth Jihad, Tennessee Tagged: | Creeping Sharia, finance, islam, Life, Media, News, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, travel