Texas: Four Muslim Terrorists Captured Inside U.S. Border on 9/10

Where were they from? What happened to them? Where are they now? via The Gateway Pundit.

Congressman Jason Chaffetz broke this shocking news Wednesday that four known terrorists were apprehended at the US border in Texas on September 10 – the day before the 13th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks.

Chaffetz questioned Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on whether he is “aware of any apprehensions of suspected or known terrorists.”

Johnson dodged the question.

Tonight, Rep. Chaffetz told Megyn Kelly there were four terrorists arrested crossing the US border in Texas on September 10.

“There were actually four individuals trying to cross through the Texas border, who were apprehended at two different stations, that do have ties to known terrorist organizations in the Middle East.”

Breitbart has more on today’s exchange at the Homeland Security hearing:

During a House Homeland Security Committee hearing today focused on worldwide threats to America, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), asked DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson whether he is “aware of any apprehensions of suspected or known terrorists” who have attempted to enter the U.S. illegally during his tenure as homeland security chief. Johnson was sworn in as the fourth DHS secretary on December 23, 2013.

Rep. Chaffetz, who serves on the homeland security panel’s Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, clarified that he was referring to whether known terrorists, suspected terrorists, or individuals with ties to terrorist organizations have been arrested trying to come into the country illegally.

“Sitting here right now, no specific case comes to mind,” responded Johnson. “That doesn’t mean there is none.”

For the record… Jeh Johnson was a top Obama campaign donor before he was appointed Secretary of Homeland Security.


Not surprising at all since anyone can walk across the border at any time, overstay a student visa or do it the easy way: Immigration Agent Union: Obama Admin ‘Widened the Loopholes’ for Terrorists to Enter U.S.

“Our caseworkers cannot even do in-person interviews for people seeking citizenship, they cannot enforce restrictions on welfare use, and they even lack even the basic office space to properly function,” union president Kenneth Palinkas said in the statement. “Applications for entry are rubber-stamped, the result of grading agents by speed rather than discretion. We’ve become the visa clearinghouse for the world.”

Upstate NY Muslim Charged in Plot to Support Islamic Terror Group

via Upstate NY Man Charged in Alleged Plot to Support ISIS: FBI | NBC New York.

Mufid Elfgeeh outside federal court in Rochester, NY

A Rochester-area man has been charged on terror-related counts after the FBI said he tried to buy guns to support the terror group ISIS by wanting to kill American solders in the U.S.

Investigators said Mufid Elfgeeh also boasted he wanted to kill Shiite Muslim residents in his city and find others who would travel to join ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria.

Elfgeeh was first arrested in May, and the firearms charges were made public in June. The recruitment charges were contained in a grand jury indictment handed up Tuesday.

The Justice Department said in addition to posting tweets with photographs and captions like “fighting the American invasion,” they said he tried to buy two handguns and silencers to carry out an attack. But the FBI had been watching him for months and said it was unlikely that he could have carried out his alleged plans.

Officials said they arrested Elfgeeh after he allegedly began seeking financial help to carry out an attack. In a sting, they said he tried to buy the weapons from undercover agents.

Elfgeeh came on the radar after an informant who was paid $21,000 for information tipped them off. A second undercover agent was paid $4,000 for his assistance as well, officials said.

Federal officials said they have Elfgeeh on tape boasting that he hoped to kill 10 to 15 soldiers or former soldiers before releasing a video claiming responsibility.

In one online posting, Elfgeeh allegedly said,”Every Iraqi Sunni jihadist is defined as a terrorist in international society; what they don’t know is that the State of Iraq and Sham (ISIL) will one day rule the world with the will of Allah.”

“We will remain aggressive in identifying and disrupting those who seek to provide support to ISIL and other terrorist groups that are bent on inflicting harm upon Americans,” said Attorney General Eric Holder.

Elfgeeh, 30, is a naturalized American citizen of Yemeni descent. In addition to allegedly contacting the informants for help buying guns, they say he also sent $600 to a Yemeni man to help him get to Syria to join ISIS fighters there.

Elfgeeh is currently being held behind bars without bail. Phone calls and emails to his attorney, with a Rochester public defender’s office, were not returned Tuesday evening.

Canada: Muslim who plotted terror attacks against Canadians pleads guilty

via Hiva Alizadeh pleads guilty in Ottawa terrorism trial – CBC News. h/t jr

Hiva Mohammad Alizadeh, a man police called the ringleader of a group accused of plotting attacks in Canada, has pleaded guilty to explosives possession with the intent to cause harm as part of a terrorist conspiracy and received a 24-year sentence as part of an agreement.

He entered the plea in court in Ottawa on Wednesday under a deal agreed to by Crown and defence lawyers.

Alizadeh received a 24-year sentence, minus time served. Credited one and a half years for each of the four years he served, the sentence means Alizadeh will spend 18 years in a federal prison.

Alizadeh apologized in court, saying that he wanted to be de-radicalized.

Justice Colin McKinnon told Alizadeh in court he was effectively guilty of treason and had betrayed his family and community.

Alizadeh is one of thrmee en arrested and charged in 2010 after an RCMP investigation.

Misbahuddin Ahmed, an Ottawa X-ray technologist, is awaiting sentencing after he was found guilty in July of conspiring to knowingly facilitate a terrorist activity and participating in the activities of a terrorist group.

A third man whose voice was recorded in police surveillance — former London, Ont., pathologist Khurram Sher — was found not guilty in August of planning terrorist activity.

Spent 2 months at terror training camp

An agreed statement of facts submitted with the plea outlined Alizadeh’s efforts to create a terrorist group within Canada in the months leading up his arrest.

According to the statement, Alizadeh had gone to a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan in 2009 and spent two months there, receiving training in the use of firearms and how to assemble remote-controlled improvised explosive devices.

He also smuggled back violent propaganda videos, instructional materials on constructing triggering devices and 56 electronic circuit boards designed specifically to remotely detonate improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

He maintained contact with Kurdish insurgents loosely allied with the Taliban and a man who helped foreigners receive terrorist training in Afghanistan and Pakistan and used pay-as-you-go cellphones and payphones, as well as a public library internet account under a false name, to communicate with co-conspirators.

After returning to Canada, Alizadeh sought to start his own group in Ottawa. He met with Ahmed in February 2010 and attempted to radicalize him. In July 2010, the two men also met with Sher and attempted to recruit him.

 

Minnesota: Muslim Group Pushes for Taxpayer-funded Sharia-Compliant Food Bank

Islamic beggars can’t be choosers. But they are. Demanding free food that meets sharia standards. via Somali Group Pushes For Non-Pork Food Shelf « CBS Minnesota.

4743745_G

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Food shelves can be a life line for people dealing with poverty and hunger.

But many in the Somali-American community say finding a food shelf that caters to their religious dietary restrictions is almost impossible.

“Some food shelves are trying to meet the need, but some of them already got canned beans that have already been mixed with pork — and there is a literacy issue here,” said community activist Fartun Weli.

A group of first-generation Somali Americans says they need help in developing a food shelf that specializes in healthy foods that do not contain pork or pork byproducts.

“It’s about human rights also, basic human rights to get the proper food and also healthy food,” said Imam Hassan Mohamud.

With signs in hand, they marched to the Hennepin County commissioners’ office to ask Peter McLaughlin for help. Most live in his district and feel he can help them help themselves.

McLaughlin and the group disagree over the availability of halal or kosher food at food shelves in Minnesota.

He did say they would need to petition all county commissioners for the money to make this food shelf a reality.

“The place to deal with this is going to be within the budget … our budget for next year,” McLaughlin said.

To get the food shelf up and running will cost $150,000, but McLaughlin says there is no plan on how much would be needed to sustain it.

The group hopes to present a proposal to the county commissioners during its budget meeting on Nov 13.

We suspect that the numbers of Somali’s easily trumps the numbers of Iraqi imports who are unemployed, refuse to integrate into American society and simply live of the tax dollars stolen from working Americans. And we know Somali Muslims are prime candidates for waging jihad.

 In a previous Taxation for Islamization installment, we told you the massive government waste Farm Bill included amendment ensuring halal food for poor Muslims (and kosher for Jews).

 

Michigan: Muslim doctor who prescribed unnecessary chemo, pleads guilty in $91M Medicare fraud

That’s a lot more than the $35M previously reported. via Michigan Patch. h/t Dee

In a surprise move, Oakland County oncologist Dr. Farid Fata has pleaded guilty to charges in a scheme to bilk Medicare out at least $91 million by prescribing unnecessary treatments and in some cases telling patients who weren’t sick that they had cancer

“It is my choice,” Fata said of his decision to plead guilty. “I knew that the infusions … were medically unnecessary.”

The Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News and other area media are reporting that Fata, 49, pleased guilty to health care fraud, money laundering and conspiracy to give and get kickbacks – 16 counts in all.

When Fata is sentenced on Feb. 23, 2015, he could face up to 175 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the health-care fraud counts, and a $500,000 fine for money laundering. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said she will seek a life sentence for what she called the most egregious case of health-care fraud she’s ever seen.5418c9153f2ad

“We have seen health care fraud before … but this one really is unique in that he exploited patients,” McQuade said.

» Read the criminal complaint against Dr. Farid Fata.

Fata’s plea comes on the first day of a hearing on motions filed in the trial that was to have begun next month. Fata still has to answer six remaining counts of health-care fraud in a trial scheduled for March 16.

Whistleblower Angela Swantek, a Royal Oak chemotherapy nurse who became suspicious of some of the practices in Fata’s clinic in a 2010 interview and reported him to state health officials, told the Free Press she wasn’t surprised that Fata pleaded guilty to the charges.

“I wondered how his team was going to defend him,” she said. “The charts don’t lie.”

Survivors of two of Fata’s patients told The Detroit News they’re disappointed that that the full story won’t be told in court. Liz Lupo, whose mother died of lung cancer in 2007, and Cynthia Burt, whose sister died in 2011, think Fata’s treatments were responsible for their loved ones’ deaths.

“He’s not being charged with enough,” Lupo said. “He pled guilty to a handful of patients when there were thousands. We wanted to hear the details about how he was allowed to (do this).”

But said she’s glad Fata accepted responsibility and hopes he’ll pay for his crimes with life in prison, but she said the plea deal cheats “the patients and family members (who) are not going to get the answers they seek.”

Vancouver: Iranian rape jihadist guilty of exploiting minors, including 14-year-old girl

he forced to have sex five times a day | National Post.

Two prosecutors emerged from B.C. Supreme Court Monday morning. Both women smiled, but more telling was the relief in their eyes, set in their voices.

After years of investigations and a trial that began 12 months ago, Reza Moazami, an Iranian-Canadian pimp, was found guilty of exploiting, coercing and assaulting almost a dozen young women, most of them minors, all of them abused.

He was convicted of 30 of 36 prostitution-related counts.

One of his victims, an Afghan immigrant, started working for Moazami when she was 14 years old. When police eventually found her, she was dressed in blue lingerie, waiting for her next “date.” Another girl, also recruited at 14, was forced to sell herself about five times a day.

Most of the crimes happened in downtown Vancouver, all occurred between February 2009 and October 2011.

Moazami housed the victims, dolled them up, gave them nicknames — Tokyo, Jenna — and offered them to men. Sometimes he delivered them in pairs to hotel suite bachelor parties, in one case to a B.C. Lions football player.

He pimped girls and young women from rented high-end Vancouver condominiums and hotels in B.C.’s lower mainland, Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal. Over two months in 2009, one victim worked from his mother’s home.

Moazami constantly threatened the girls. He gave them drugs: Cocaine, oxycodone, Ecstasy and the date rape drug, GHB. If they didn’t do as they were told, he would threaten to punish Gucci, a small dog he had bought.

The judge relied on police evidence, testimony from Moazami’s victims — generally credible witnesses, she decided — and texts and Facebook messages he sent the girls.

“U f—ing crackhead,” reads a Facebook message to a victim he recruited at age 12. He had just assaulted her with bear spray. “U just good for selling ur ass that’s what youll always be hahaha go and die you nasty bitch just wait I’iget you and then ull be begging for mercy how did the bear mace treat you hahahahaha!!!”

The courts haven’t finished with him yet. He is to be tried next year for obstruction of justice. This is for attempts he allegedly made from jail, to have a girl recant her statement to police.

And he’ll be back in front of Justice Bruce in another three months, for sentencing on his 30 convictions; three of them — one human trafficking, two living off the avails of a minor through coercion — require mandatory five-year sentences.

“We’ll be seeking a significant amount of [prison] time,” Crown prosecutor Kristin Bryson said after the verdict had been read.

She praised the complainants for coming forward and having the guts to confront their abuser in open court.

It was a victory, but no one felt like celebrating. The reasons for judgment contained details that were too sordid, too disturbing. They were enough to make any reasonable person sick.

Besides, taking one criminal like Moazami off the street “really isn’t enough,” said Damienne Darby, the other prosecutor. “Especially if we’re not doing enough to support the victims.”

Are we?

No, she said. We aren’t.

 

Victory Against Civilization Jihad: Muslim Forced to Dismiss Frivolous “Defamation” Lawsuit

The rare victory in the counter-jihad via Victory Against Civilization Jihad: AFLC Forces Muslim to Dismiss Frivolous “Defamation” Lawsuit | American Freedom Law Center.

A former “Multicultural Relations” officer at the Ohio Department of Homeland Security (OHS), who was terminated for falsifying his background and for lying about being fired from an earlier teaching position at a community college for improper sexual relations with a female student, filed a notice today in Ohio state court dismissing his “defamation” lawsuit filed against several national security experts.  In the lawsuit, Omar Alomari claimed that counter-terrorism experts Stephen Coughlin, John Guandolo, Patrick Poole, and Todd Sheets had defamed him by exposing his role as a former high-ranking official in the Jordanian government and his ties to terrorist organizations.  The American Freedom Law Center (AFLC) represents the counter-terrorism experts in this litigation.

Alomari, a Muslim who emigrated from Jordan in 1978, claimed that the experts cast him in a “false light” by publishing false statements about him and, as a result of these statements, the OHS fired him.  Just recently, however, a federal court determined that the OHS terminated Alomari because he lied about his prior relationships to undisclosed organizations on his OHS application for employment, and he also lied about the fact that he lost his teaching position at Columbus State Community College as a result of an inappropriate sexual relationship with one of his female students.

In Alomari’s lawsuit, he alleged that counter-terrorism experts Stephen Coughlin, John Guandolo, and Todd Sheets had defamed him during counter-terrorism workshops and training sessions conducted for the Columbus, Ohio, police department by exposing Alomari’s nefarious ties to terrorists.  Alomari also alleged that Patrick Poole had published articles linking him to terrorists.

Alomari’s notice of dismissal came in response to a letter sent on behalf of the experts by AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi.  In his letter, Yerushalmi accused Alomari and his attorney of filing meritless and frivolous claims, and he gave them an ultimatum: either dismiss the frivolous claims by today or face a motion for sanctions.  Alomari chose the former, and his dismissal is with prejudice, ending this long-running litigation.

Yerushalmi commented:

“Alomari filed his original lawsuit in April 2013.  After we filed a motion to dismiss, rather than respond to our motion and defend his lawsuit, Alomari voluntarily dismissed his complaint without prejudice.  Under Ohio’s rules, this meant he could refile the lawsuit within a year.  Not surprisingly, he waited almost a year to the day and refiled essentially the same complaint.  This is classic Muslim Brotherhood lawfare doctrine: use and abuse the legal system to frighten anyone who might stand up to the Muslim Brotherhood and its ongoing effort to insinuate operatives into sensitive government positions.”

Robert Muise, also Co-Founder and Senior Counsel of AFLC, noted that this second voluntary dismissal is, by the court’s rules, with prejudice and finally brings this litigation to an end, remarking:

“AFLC is the only public-interest law firm that focuses on representing counter-terrorism experts and others pro bono who are threatened with litigation by the many Muslim Brotherhood front groups operating in this country under the guise of Muslim civic organizations.  AFLC has demonstrated time and again that when you confront Islamist lawfare with better and even more aggressive lawyering, the truth and the Constitution win out.  We want the counter-terrorism experts outside the government and those whistleblowers working for the government to know that AFLC is ready, willing, and able to defend their legal rights.  The time has come for patriotic Americans to stand up against the jihadist threat abroad and right here at home.”

 


Back posts here.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 36,904 other followers

%d bloggers like this: