Creeping along in Toronto where at least 9 public pools are subject to Islamic sharia law. via Sun News : Toronto dad not allowed to watch daughter’s swim class for religious reasons.
TORONTO – When a single dad signed his nine-year-old daughter up for female-only swim lessons, he didn’t realize he — as a man — was going to be banned from watching her practice.
Chris (who didn’t want his last name published) was shocked when he had the blinds to the viewing area of the Dennis R. Timbrell Recreation Centre pool in Flemingdon Park shut on him and then was told by staffers it was for “religious reasons.”
“I spoke to a staff member and she told me that it’s because of Muslim women, that we’re not allowed to look at them or whatever,” Chris, 38, told the Toronto Sun Friday. “I don’t think religion has a role to play in a public pool.”
Chris said he enrolled his daughter online through the city’s website and registered her for the Ultra Swim 1: Female class – a nine-week course offered for free at the community centre.
Nowhere on the form did it mention that males could not watch the lessons.
So, when he showed up with his child at the pool on March 28 and again on Thursday night, he was confused when told he wasn’t allowed to watch.
“She doesn’t have a lot of friends and I wanted her to swim with girls,” Chris explained. “I don’t know what parent wouldn’t want to watch their child participate. There were other fathers there who weren’t too happy.”
Local Councillor John Parker hadn’t heard of the particular case until the Sun contacted him Friday, but said the dad’s point is a “legitimate one” and raises a “fair issue.”
“If we have a young child and there is a desire for the parent to provide supervision I would hope that we would not be so inflexible,” he said.
The Ward 26-Don Valley West councillor said there are only so many hours available in the pool.
“So we have to decide and we have to determine just what are the options that are available to us and how many hours are there in the day to allow the different options that communities want,” Parker said. “So far the pressure has been to provide hours for women only, this gives rise to the legitimate question: ought we to find time for mixed groups precisely to accommodate the concern that this parent has raised.”
File this under “How the West was Lost.”
The hijra then the sharia:
- Maryland pools try sharia and segregate swimming for women-only
- Harvard Gyms go Sharia
- George Washington Univ adds female-only swim hours for Muslims
- Kansas City YMCA segregates pool for Muslim women, so does MIT
- Oregon Muslim requests women-only swim times, female lifeguards
- North Carolina aquatic center says yes to sharia law – makes public pool private for Muslim women
- UK: Muslims force infidel swimmers into sharia, darkness
- More sharia compliant swimming pools for Muslim women in UK
- London pools enforcing sharia law for non-Muslims
- Australia: Bare skin banned at public pool to appease Muslims
- Amsterdam: Muslim women demand men be banned from pool
- Sharia compliant beaches in Italy
- City of Edmonton launches sharia compliant women-only swimming
- UK: Historic swimming pool may stay open, for its sharia compliance
- Australia: Pubic pool gets $45K ‘Modesty’ curtain for Muslim women
- Muslim owner of upscale Santa Monica Hotel: “Get the [expletive] Jews out of my Pool”
Filed under: Alerts, Canada, Creeping Sharia, Immigration, Media, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Sports, Stealth Jihad | Tagged: Creeping Sharia, dhimmi, Life, Media, Muslim, News, Sharia, Sports, travel | 14 Comments »