Wal-mart has submitted to sharia law in Dearborn
istan. Can we officially refer to them as Wally Worldistan now? Here are some highlights from the Newsweek story: (notice how Newsweek sanitizes the story with Arab in the title not Muslim)
- The Dearborn store, though, is the most extreme example of the concept [Everything involving Islam is always the most extreme, no?]
- [Walmart] hired about 35 Arabic speakers…providing ethnic-sensitivity training to the 650 employees
- Wal-Mart is making an extraordinary promise: it will not undercut the prices of the small local merchants (though it will still go after Kroger)[so Walmart puts American mom & pop shops out of business regularly, but sets a new standard, a separate playing field for Arab and Muslim businesses – is that legal? Collusion? Price fixing anyone?] Wal-Mart agreed to charge one dime more than local grocers for a six-pack of pita bread.
- The insular company even agreed to be scrutinized by a “community advisory board” made up of local Arab-American leaders to ensure it isn’t harming the mom-and-pop shops [sharia governance? why so scared of the Arabs/Muslims but no one else?]
- [Walmart decided] not to bother stocking traditional Muslim clothing, like the headscarf, or hijab…”The community told us, ‘I would not feel comfortable coming to Wal-Mart to buy my hijab’,” [buy a hijab from a kuffar like Wal-Mart…never]
- “We’re not here to overstep our bounds.” [that from assistant store manager and infidel – sorry to say, Wal-Mart it sounds like you did that already and are now officially contributing to creeping sharia in the USA. Congratulations]
Wonder if they sell Qur’ans, wife beaters (you know, the t-shirts), stones, Molotov cocktail mix…and pork? Do they sell pork? The Three Little Pigs book? Piglet dolls? Piggy banks? I’d like to check this store out but rumor has it Dearbornistan is a no-go zone for infidels.
The new face of Wally World!
(I’ll scan your giraffe, but don’t ask me how much that bacon is…I ain’t buying my hijab from you kuffars)
FYI: We’ll need a few Sharia Alerts to cover Michigan but here is an old post from Dhimmi Watch: 81% of Detroit Muslims want Sharia in Muslim Countries – so much for moderates
Obama Links Update: On May 14, during an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, N.J., Sen. Obama was asked about Wal-Mart. “I won’t shop there,” he said. (Finally we agree with Obama on something…but did he push for the Muslim Wal-Mart and will he shop there now?)
More: Democratic presidential rivals Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama joined seven U.S. senators Friday to urge Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest importer, to drop opposition to a bill that would require scanning of all U.S.-bound cargo containers for terrorist nuclear bombs – now terrorists can smuggle nukes directly into Dearborn!!