Just in time for International Women’s Day. Institutionalizing Sharia. It started as sharia compliant swimming for Muslim women and has been adopted by the city behind the veneer of a “safe” alternative to swimming with men. Creep creep. via Edmonton launches women-only swimming | Edmonton Sun.
The city of Edmonton is providing a place where women can get together for an all-female swim.
What started as a program run by Muslim women has been adopted by the city to ensure women of all different cultures have a place to feel safe in their own skin.
“When we decided to run it as a drop-in program, we were sure there were other women out there who maybe don’t go swimming because they’re not comfortable or just don’t want men to see them,” said Shauna Graham, Edmonton aquatic operations supervisor.
“The women really do enjoy themselves.”
Every Sunday evening, Eastglen pool caters to the women’s swim session and even offers a learn-to-swim lesson.
“It’s non-threatening for them,” said Graham.
Graham added the program is great for providing a place for the females to meet and connect to the community.
Expect similar gender segregation at the Ground Zero victory mosque and elsewhere.
- George Washington Univ adds female-only swim hours for Muslims
- Kansas City YMCA segregates pool for Muslim women, so does MIT
- North Carolina aquatic center says yes to sharia law – makes public pool private for Muslim women
- Oregon Muslim requests women-only swim times, female lifeguards
- UK: More Muslim women-only swimming sessions
- Amsterdam: Muslim women demand men be banned from pool
- More sharia compliant swimming pools for Muslim women in UK
- London pools enforcing sharia law for non-Muslims
- UK: Muslims force infidel swimmers into sharia, darkness
- Australia: Bare skin banned at public pool to appease Muslims