He actually refused to even use the term Islamic when referring to Islamic terrorists. Coward.
Read this entire list of ten by Patrick Poole at PJ Media » Obama’s National Security ‘Not Top 10′ of 2011. We’ll single out #9 on the list as it was covered briefly in this post a few days ago [“If you kill in this country under the banner of jihad, we’re told it isn’t terrorism”], and in full context below with video:
9) DOD official refuses to acknowledge the threat of radical Islam during hearing on terror threats to the U.S. military (December 10)
In one of the most comical, and equally tragic, interchanges in recent congressional history, during a joint Senate/House Homeland Security hearing on “Homegrown Terrorism: The Threat to Military Communities Inside the United States,” Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Americas’ Security Affairs Paul Stockton was asked by Rep. Dan Lungren (R-CA), former attorney general of the state of California, on the source of the threat to America and its troops. The exchange proceeded as follows:
REPRESENTATIVE DANIEL LUNGREN (R-CA): Secretary Stockton, are we at war with violent Islamist extremism?
MR. STOCKTON: No, sir. We are at war with al-Qaeda, its affiliates –
REP. LUNGREN: OK, I understand that. My question is, is violent Islamist extremism at war with us?
MR. STOCKTON: No, sir. We are being attacked by al-Qaeda and its allies.
REP. LUNGREN: Is al-Qaeda — can it be described as being an exponent of violent Islamist extremism?
MR. STOCKTON: They — al-Qaeda are murderers with an ideological agenda –
REP. LUNGREN: No, I — that’s not my question. That wasn’t my question. My question was, is al-Qaeda acting out violent Islamist extremism?
MR. STOCKTON: Al-Qaeda is a violent organization dedicated to overthrowing the values that we intend to advance –
REP. LUNGREN: So is it yes or no?
MR. STOCKTON: Can I hear the question again? I’ll make it as clear as I can. We are not at war with Islam. And it is not –
REP. LUNGREN: I didn’t ask that — I did not ask that, sir. I asked whether we’re at war with violent Islamist extremism. That’s my question.
MR. STOCKTON: No, we’re at war with al-Qaeda and its affiliates.
It gets worse from there, as you can see in the video of the full exchange:
Predictably, Time magazine blogger Mark Thompson faulted Lungren for the surreal exchange, likening it to “Anti-Islamic Hyperventilation.” Mind you, this is after:
- Sgt. Hasan Karim Akbar killed two fellow soldiers and wounded 14 more in an ambush at an Army camp in Kuwait just days before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003;
- Four Muslim converts were arrested for planning an attack on a California National Guard armory in August 2005;
- Six Muslim men were caught planning and training for an attack on troops at Fort Dix in May 2007;
- Four Muslim converts from New York were arrested while executing a terror plot that included bringing down military airplanes at Stewart Air National Guard Base in May 2009;
- A Muslim convert and self-described jihadist, Carlos Bledsoe (aka Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad) gunned down Army Pvt. William Long and wounded Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula as the pair stood in front of an Army recruiting center in Little Rock in June 2009;
- Seven Muslim men from North Carolina were arrested for plotting an attack on the Marine base at Quantico;
- Major Nidal Hasan killed 13 and wounds 29 in a terror attack at Fort Hood in November 2009 after the Army had been warned about Hasan’s contact with Al-Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki;
- A Muslim immigrant, Arif Uka, opened fire on a bus carrying U.S. soldiers at the Frankfurt, Germany airport in March 2011, killing two soldiers;
- Two Muslim converts were arrested for planning an attack on a Seattle-area military processing center in June 2011;
- Pvt. Naser Jason Abdo was arrested and charged in July 2011 with planning a terror attack and compiling components for a bomb targeting Fort Hood just weeks after he had been granted conscientious objector status by the Army.
But to mention the painfully obvious connection between all these incidents is considered Islamophobic. As my colleague and former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy described the Stockton/Lungren exchange:
This is criminal recklessness. It is idiocy beyond description, so I should just stop trying to describe it. Watch it in all its jaw-dropping ignominy. Three and a half minutes — although it will take you longer than that because you’ll need to watch it a few times in order to come to grips with the fact that it’s not a parody but the real thinking of top officials in the Defense Department and throughout the administration.
Read the entire Top 10, and also read The U.S. Govts Willful Ignorance (on Islam) Is Costing Soldiers’ Lives.
Filed under: Alerts, Creeping Sharia, DC, DHS, Jihad, Legal, Media, Military, News, Obama, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Stealth Jihad Tagged: | al Qaeda, Creeping Sharia, dhimmi, fbi, islam, Life, Media, Military, Muslim, News, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism