In a front-page story on Tuesday discussing the documentary film, “The Third Jihad,” and its use by the NYPD in training, The New York Times once again collaborates with radical Islamists to help shape the news. The article revealed the newspaper’s bias, from the vaguely threatening headline – “In Police Training, a Dark Film on U.S. Muslims” – and by relying on those who are not simply opposed to the film, but have previously demonstrated their support of radical Islamists by both word and by association with similarly aligned groups.
The Times’ article, written by Michael Powell, primarily relies on the opinions of Zead Ramadan of the Council on American-Islamic Relations’ New York chapter (CAIR-NY) and Faiza Patel of the Brennan Center, both of whom aver that the NYPD acted questionably by showing city police the film, to present the case. Ramadan asserts that the movie “defiled our faith and misrepresented everything we stood for.” Patel stated that, “The police have shown an explosive documentary to its officers and simply stonewalled us.”
The problem with Ramadan and Patel, left unsaid by the newspaper, is found in their words and associations. As has been its longstanding policy, the Times never mentions that CAIR is a Hamas support group, created by the Muslim Brotherhood to present and promote its interests. (Of course, even if one day the Times did acknowledge that, it would still have to break another self-imposed taboo of having never once called Hamas a terrorist organization.)
The IPT does an excellent job exposing Ramadan, Patel and CAIR in detail. It’s long but a valuable piece to read and send to friends, family and your elected officials. Read it all. Here are some of the highlights:
- The New York Times cites the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) as a credible source, while continuing its policy of never mentioning that CAIR was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood, and operates as a Hamas support group.
- NYT also suppressed the facts that CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator 2007 Holy Land Foundation conspiracy trial, which resulted in the FBI cutting off all formal contact with the group and that an FBI official has described CAIR as a “front for Hamas.”
- NYT primarily relies on two sources for comments: Zead Ramadan of CAIR-NY, and Faiza Patel, of the Brennan Center of Justice, but which the Times deliberately fails to mention that both of whom represent organizations that have repeatedly refused to condemn Hamas and other Islamic terrorist groups or have blamed the FBI for fabricating Islamic terror plots.
- An IPT investigator videotaped Ramadan at a press event refusing to answer her questions as to whether Hamas is a terrorist organization.
- The Times cites CAIR’s Zead Ramadan as a legitimate source of criticism of the film but fails to report that Ramadan contributed $1,000 to Viva Palestina, an organization led by noted anti-Semite George Galloway, that supports Hamas financially and politically, in 2010.
- Patel of the Brennan Center has long been a critic of law enforcement’s attempts to counter terrorism, even denouncing the NYPD’s operation that resulted in the arrest of accused lone-wolf jihadist Jose Pimentel, charged with plotting to bomb U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
- The Times failed to report that their only two sources for their story–CAIR and the Brennan Center, who are made to seem independent and impartial are actual apologists for Islamic terrorist groups. In fact, the Times failed to report that the Brennan Center received CAIR’s “Safe While Free” Award in 2009.
- The Times failed to report one actual flaw in the film but based its demonization of the film based largely on emails it did not disclose that it received from CAIR, a Hamas front group
To see CAIR exposed in the video check out our post – CAIR: A scene from the Third Jihad. Also know that CAIR has infiltrated the NYPD and Creeping Sharia is the only place you”ll hear anyone talking about that.
Filed under: Alerts, Creeping Sharia, Media, New York, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Stealth Jihad Tagged: | cair, Creeping Sharia, hamas, islam, Jihad, law, Media, Muslim, New York, News, NYC, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism