The title of this post is a modification of a previous post “They Thought They Were Free” – a reference to Milton Mayer’s book about the Germans in the 1930’s and 40’s. Do read it as it now applies to us.
In just the last few weeks American politicians have thrown any semblance of liberty to the trash bin. 2012 could go down in history as the year the U.S. transitioned into a full blown fascist state. And sadly the November election is a lose-lose situation in terms of liberty with established choices that will only hasten its demise or simply slow it down temporarily.
- Vast Majority of U.S. House Votes to Criminalize Protest (H.R. 347)
- Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress – they’ll be spying on Americans, then shooting us down
- Forget Travel If You Owe The IRS – a simple IRS accusation will prevent you from taking a vacation abroad
- House OKs indefinite detention of
terror suspectsAmerican citizens on U.S. soil
- US House Passes Propaganda Bill: H.R. 4310– to legalize use of U.S. government propaganda…on American citizens in the U.S.
- Democratic-controlled Senate passes bill that doubles per-passenger TSA fee – paying more to be physically assaulted
- US citizens now one step closer to becoming permanent tax slaves under proposed Ex-Patriot Act, summing it all up is the last paragraph from this link:
It’s truly extraordinary that the Land of the Free has deteriorated to the point that the government must now resort to threats, coercion, and intimidation in order to keep its most productive citizens inside.
What Constitution? We the People are allowing this to happen.
Regularly scheduled programming will resume shortly.
Update: Less than 12 hours after posting, Groups Concerned Over Arming Of Domestic Drones. Who will be the first American killed by a drone on American soil?