As Muslims rioted down under. via ‘Behead’ sign mum hands herself in as Muslim leaders call for calm after protests | News.com.au.
Yesterday, the mother whose young son held a sign calling for beheadings during Saturdays’ Sydney protests turned herself in to police.
NSW Family and Community Services Minister Pru Goward says the boy will stay with his parents.
“The police went back to the house and assessed the children and assessed that they were safe so that is where they remain,” Ms Goward told ABC radio.
Lebanese Muslim Association president Samier Dandan says while he welcomes the mother’s decision to go to police, he disapproves of the behaviour.
“That’s something that we don’t encourage within our community, it’s something we condemn,” he told reporters at Lakemba mosque in Sydney’s west this morning.
Mr Dandan said he would try to talk to the mother, but added he had been told the boy may have found the sign on the street and was “caught up in the hype” during the demonstrations.
“Does a child really understand what’s written on that placard?” he said.
Since the placard incident, video has come to light of an 8-year-old girl adressing a Muslim conference in Bankstown, in Sydney’s west, on Saturday.
In it, she is heard calling for holy war and a world-wide Islamic state.
Readers, if you find the video on Youtube please post the link on its own line in the comments. Thanks.
“Children as young as myself can be seen on the streets joining the uprisings, risking their lives to bring food, water and medicine to their wounded family members, some of them never returning to their mothers … Nobody is too young,” she said.
Silma Ihram, a board member of the Australian Muslim Women’s Association, said she did not believe such incidents were widespread as she fronted the Lakemba news conference with Mr Dandan on behalf of 25 Muslim groups.
“I don’t believe that there is a radicalisation of children,” she said.
Ms Ihram said that in a democratic nation, parents should feel free to take their children to demonstrations.
“We don’t want to see a situation where people are afraid to take their children and participate,” she said. “We are condemning in unequivocal terms the violence from Saturday as well as the offensive film.
No condemning 8-year old Muslim girls calling for Muslims to wage and support jihad. No condemnation for Muslim parents who give their children beheading signs. In fact, she can’t even admit it is going on even when video and images prove it is happening.
That’s Australia. They are here in the United States too, just waiting for their opportunity. When will the first riot take place?