Obama is allowing Muslims to fund and arm rebels overthrowing governments throughout the Middle East. The same thing he’s charged three foreign Muslims with. via 3 Men Accused of Training With Al Shabab Appear in New York Court – NYTimes.com.
Three men appeared in Federal District Court in Brooklyn on Friday on charges that they had trained to be suicide bombers with a Somali terrorist group.
The defendants, Ali Yasin Ahmed, 27, Mahdi Hashi, 23, and Mohamed Yusuf, 29, were arrested in August by authorities in Africa while going to Yemen. They are accused of participating in weapons and explosives training with Al Shabab, a United States-designated terrorist group linked to Al Qaeda, during a four-year period beginning in 2008. Court documents show no connection between the alleged crimes and the United States.
Much of the case is shrouded in mystery. For four months, the case remained under seal, and the court documents unsealed on Friday contained little elaboration on the crimes or any indication of why the case was brought in New York. Even the nationalities of the men were unclear. They appeared in court with the aid of a Swedish interpreter.
The case is not the first brought in New York involving foreigners accused of acts of terrorism abroad. In June, an Eritrean man, Mohamed Ibrahim Ahmed, pleaded guilty in Federal District Court in Manhattan to conspiring to support Al Shabab. More than 30 defendants have been prosecuted in this country for supporting the group.
Al Shabab is known for a strict Islamist ideology calling for amputations and public stonings for violations of Islamic law.
American prosecutors have said the group worked closely with Al Qaeda in Yemen and Pakistan, harboring terrorists wanted for bombings of United States Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.
In a statement,, the United States attorney for the Eastern District of New York, said, “We will use every tool at our disposal to combat terrorist groups, deter terrorist activity and incapacitate individual terrorists.”
A British man who was controversially stripped of his citizenship this year by the Home Secretary has been captured by American secret agents and brought before a court in New York on terrorism charges.
The sudden and unexplained appearance of Londoner Mahdi Hashi in an American court five months after he went missing in Africa has prompted claims that he is the victim of international kidnap or ‘rendition’.
The former care worker, 23, lost contact with his family while staying in Somalia this year. When they began looking for him, they were told by Foreign Office officials that they could not provide assistance because the Home Secretary had issued an order depriving him of his British citizenship
Mohamed and Kaltun Hashi were told by someone who had been held with their son that he had been imprisoned in Djibouti where he was being questioned and ‘mistreated’ by US agents. In October the US Embassy in London wrote to the family denying any knowledge of Mahdi Hashi.
Now The Mail on Sunday has discovered that on Friday he appeared in court in Brooklyn, accused of working with the terrorist group al-Shabaab, which is at war with the government of Somalia. If convicted, he faces a life sentence.
Documents released by the US Attorney’s Office of the Eastern District of New York say Mahdi and two Swedish men were detained in Africa by ‘local authorities’ in August before being handed over to the FBI on November 14 and flown to New York the following day.
Mohamed Hashi said: ‘We are not some slaves who can be passed around from one owner to another. Why was our son sent to the US? It makes no sense when he has never done anything to them.’
The family’s lawyer, Saghir Hussain, described the development as ‘extraordinary’.
He said: ‘The UK Government has a lot of explaining to do. What role did it play in getting him kidnapped, held in secret detention and renditioned to the US?’
Mahdi arrived in London aged five after the family left Somalia. If he had remained a British citizen, he would have had to be put on trial in the UK over allegations of supporting international terrorism.
Leading human rights lawyer Geoffrey Robertson QC said: ‘There must be a suspicion that in depriving this man of his citizenship it was to enable him to be transferred to American custody without going through extradition.’
The Foreign Office said it was not possible to say whether Mr Hashi would be given assistance from the Government, but added: ‘The US system meets the international requirements on human rights obligations.’
The question is, why did Obama/Holder order one British and two Swedish Muslims to the U.S.? At taxpayer expense.
Not their first import of jihadis: