WASHINGTON — Republican Sen. Rand Paul said Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had been negligent in conducting her job, and said that if he were president, he would have relieved her of her post.
Paul said that the fact that she was not aware of the requests of more security for the U.S. Embassy in Libya constituted “a failure of leadership” and said it was “inexcusable.”
“I think ultimately…you accept the culpability for the worst tragedy since 9/11,” Paul said.
Worst tragedy since 9/11? Can someone ask Paul about Fort Hood.
“Had I been president at the time and I had found that you had not read the cables from Benghazi, you had not read the cables from Ambassador Stevens,” he went on, “I would have relieved you of your post.”
Paul accused Clinton of being directly responsible for the loss of lives in the September 11, 2012 attacks.
“Not to know of the requests for security really, I think, cost these people their lives,” he said.
“I don’t suspect you of bad motives,” he said, but added that “it’s a failure of leadership not to be involved. It’s a failure of leadership not to know these things.”
The U.S. military also knew they had a jihad-preaching Muslim in their ranks and did nothing. Presumably Paul would have removed those responsible for allowing that as well.
The victims of the jihad attack at Fort Hood:
1. Lt. Col. Juanita Warman, 55, Havre de Grace, Md.
2. Maj. Libardo Caraveo, 52, Woodbridge, Va.
3. Cpt. John P. Gaffaney, 54, San Diego, Calif.
4. Cpt. Russell Seager, 41, Racine, Wis.
5. Staff Sgt. Justin Decrow, 32, Plymouth, Ind.
6. Sgt. Amy Krueger, 29, Kiel, Wis.
7. Spc. Jason Hunt, 22, Tillman, Okla.
8. Spc. Frederick Greene, 29, Mountain City, Tenn.
9. PFC Aaron Nemelka, 19, West Jordan, Utah
10. PFC Michael Pearson, 22, Bolingbrook, Ill.
11. PFC Kham Xiong, 23, St. Paul, Minn.
12. Pvt. Francheska Velez, 21, Chicago, Ill. and
13. Pvt. Francheska Velez’s unborn baby
14. Michael G. Cahill, Cameron, Texas [civilian]