“…the country is less safe when we allow radical Muslim organizations to tell the FBI how to train its agents and do its job.”
by Tom Fitton
Judicial Watch recently released hundreds of pages of FBI memos and other documents revealing that, in 2012, the agency purged its anti-terrorism training curricula of material determined by an undisclosed group of “Subject Matter Experts” (SME) to be “offensive” to Muslims. The excised material included references linking the Muslim Brotherhood to terrorism, tying al Qaeda to the 1993 World Trade Center and Khobar Towers bombings, and suggesting that “young male immigrants of Middle Eastern appearance … may fit the terrorist profile best.”
These discoveries all stem from our investigation of a February 8, 2012, meeting between FBI Director Robert Mueller and various Islamic organizations. During the meeting, Mueller reportedly assured the Islamic groups in attendance that the agency had ordered the removal of presentations and curricula on Islam from FBI offices around the country that were deemed “offensive.”
As reported by NPR: “The FBI has completed a review of offensive training material and has purged 876 pages and 392 presentations, according to a briefing provided to lawmakers.”
To get the full story on the FBI’s attempts to placate Muslims, perhaps to the detriment of our national security, we filed a FOIA request on March 7, 2012. Specifically, we sought access to records detailing the meeting as well as “any and all records setting criteria or guidelines for FBI curricula on Islam or records identifying potentially offensive material within the FBI curricula on Islam.” We also asked for records detailing the directives to withdraw FBI presentations and curricula on Islam.
Predictably, the agency stonewalled, forcing JW to file a lawsuit on July 18, 2012. Six months later, January 15, 2013 we received our first batch of documents, followed by a second grouping on April 16, 2013. And here’s what we discovered regarding the reasons given by the FBI’s SME for purging “offensive” training documents:
- “Article is highly inflammatory and inaccurately argues the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization.”
- “Page 13 inaccurately states that AQ [al Qaeda] is responsible for the bombing of the Khobar Towers and that AQ is ‘clearly linked’ to the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.”
- “The overall tenor of the presentation is too informal in the current political context.”
- “The Qur’an is not the teachings of the Prophet, but the revealed word of God.”
- “Remove references to mosques specifically as a radicalization incubator.”
- “Remove sweeping generality of ‘Those who fit the terrorist profile best (for the present at least) are young male immigrants of Middle Eastern appearance’”
- “author seems to conflate ‘Islamic militancy’ with ‘terrorism’ and needs to define the difference and use it in their analysis”
Read it all.
Keep in mind, the recent Islamic event in Tennessee telling Americans their 1st Amendment rights would be violated and they would be jailed if they offended Muslims was put on by the FBI lead who approved Muslim-led purge of FBI training.
But he nor anyone at the FBI would release names of “Islamic experts” who purged terror training materials.
Islamic infiltration coupled with dhimmitude results not only in dead Americans but embarrassing videos like this: FBI Director Unaware Boston Mosque Founded by al Qaeda Funder.
More coming shortly.