It should read Obama illegally takes $148M from U.S. taxpayers and gives to terrorists. Without congressional approval. It’s plunder plain and simple. via Palestinian Authority takes $148M from US, doles out ‘grants’ to convicted terrorists | Fox News.
The Palestinian Authority is doling out millions of dollars in cash grants to convicted terrorists recently released from Israeli prisons in a program announced the same day as the P.A. accepted $148 million in the latest round of U.S. aid.
The authority announced Aug. 18 it would disburse $15 million in so-called “Dignified Life Grants” to more than 5,000 prisoners who had served more than five years in Israeli lockups, but had been recently released as a show of good faith by the Jewish state to bolster the Middle East peace process, according to Palestinian Media Watch.
The announcement came on the same day the State Department’s Michael Ratney, consulate general of the U.S. in Jerusalem, signed off on $148 million in aid to the cash-strapped Palestinian Authority, currently in the throes of a budget crisis.
Although the U.S. funnels about $400 million per year in aid to the authority, none of the money, by law, is supposed to go to terrorists or former terrorists. Critics say there is no way to separate money from U.S. taxpayers and the funds which go to the former prisoners.
“We have a lot of funding that goes to the PA that is fungible and co-mingled and there is a lot of concern the money is going to radical causes and extremist issues,” Jonathan Schanzer, vice president for research at the bipartisan think tank, Foundation for Defense of Democracy, told FoxNews.com.
“There are many problematic questions concerning the way the Palestinian Authority disperses funds and especially those coming from the U.S. This is not unique. We’ve seen in the past, monies allocated from the PA’s budget to the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigade, which is a designated terrorist organization, and all of this points to a troubling trend whereby the U.S. has tried to get a handle on financing within the P.A.”
“It’s not certain our specific dollars are finding their way into terrorists’ or former terrorists’ pockets but – at the least – it’s freeing funds for the P.A. to do these types of things,” Jim Phillips, Middle East analyst at the Heritage Foundation, a Washington, D.C.-based conservative think tank, told FoxNews.com.
“The Palestinians will argue this money is not fungible, but the fact that they are making these grants is a sign to me that the P.A. has plenty of money and maybe the U.S. should be scaling back its aid to the organization.”
Scaling back 100%. ASAP. Contact your elected officials and tell them to end the insanity. The more we give them the more they kill.
- U.S. taxpayers funding terrorist Hamas through UNRWA
- U.S. taxpayer money used to fund terrorist memorials in ‘Palestine’
- Holder Won’t Prosecute Palestinian Killers of 54 U.S. Civilians
- Clinton gives another $150M to ‘Palestine’
- U.S. taxpayers fund absurd ‘Palestinian’ ad campaign
- Obama pledges another $400 million for Hamas-run Gaza (video)
- More US tax dollars funding terrorist glorification in ‘Palestine’
- US gives $40M to UN’s ‘Palestinian employment agency’
- Former PLO spokesman headlines taxypayer funded ‘Palestinian’ conference
- Great Satan taxpayers fund $64.5M West Bank infrastructure projects
- U.S. govt teams up with Muslim charity, matches ‘Palestinian’ funding
- Obama’s Supplemental Bill Passes, Gives Billions to Enemies
- Obama, Congress giving $500M more of your taxpayer dollars to ‘Palestinians’
- Obama funding $313M home mortgage financing, loan guarantees in West Bank
- U.S. taxpayers funding cartoons for Palestinian Authority