A terror-loving top attorney whose clientele has included Osama bin Laden’s son-in-law and jihadist loving Lynne Stewart was indicted Thursday for failing to report more than $3 million in income.
Stanley Cohen was charged in a Manhattan federal court indictment with wire fraud and failing to file income taxes for 2005 to 2010 and faces up to 20 years in prison. He currently has similar tax changes pending in federal court in Syracuse.
Cohen could not be reached for comment but has previously claimed the feds are on a “witch hunt” to get him.
“This is the culmination of at least five years of harassing me, of seeking to silence me,” he told The Associated Press last year after being busted on the federal tax charges in Syracuse.
Cohen represented Stewart, who was convicted in 2005 of letting one of her clients, blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman, communicate with a man who relayed messages to senior members of an Egyptian-based terrorist organization.
His current clients include bin Laden’s son-in-law Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, who is facing terror charges of conspiring to kill Americans.
…he also represents the anti-free speech thug Mona Eltahawy, who faces trial for vandalizing one of our pro-Israel ads in the New York subway.
Other noteworthy Islamists whom Cohen has defended include the following:
- a contingent of Albanian Muslim mercenaries bound for Kosovoin the 1990s
- Mazin Assi, a Palestinian who tried to firebomb a Riverdale, New York synagogue on the eve of Yom Kippur in 2000
- the al-Qaeda-affiliated Texas Imam, Moataz Al-Hallak
- the Oregon-based Imam and terror suspect Mohamed Kariye, arrested for possessing trace explosives while boarding a plane at Portland International Airport
- Patrice Lumumba Ford, a member of the Portland Seven cell of Islamic terrorists who conspired to levy war against the United States by providing material support, resources, and services to al Qaeda and the Taliban
- Abdurahman Alamoudi, a self-identified supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah, who illegally accepted $340,000 in cash from the Libyan government
- 9/11 conspirator Hazem Ragab, co-founder of the al Qaeda-affiliated Global Relief Foundation
- the Osama bin Laden-connected terrorist Wadih el-Hage, convicted of conspiracy in the deadly 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings in East Africa
- a Syrian national who was an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings (in East Africa) and the 2000 attack on the USS Cole
- the Hamas operatives/suspected money launderers Abdelhaleem Ashqar and Ismail Elbarasse
- a Palestinian-American who was jailed for refusing to provide grand jury testimony about Hamas
- Amina Farah Ali, a Minnesota Muslim woman convicted of conspiring to provide material support to the al Qaeda-affiliated, Somali terrorist organization al-Shabaab
- Mohamed Aleesa, who in 2011 pled guilty to charges that he had tried to join al-Shabaab
- Mohamed Hammoud, a North Carolina-based Hezbollah operative convicted in 2002 of sending $3,500 to that organization
- an Iranian-American international charity and relief organizer accused of violating Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions against Iran
- Mufid Abdulqader, a Hamas fundraiser and the younger half-brother of Hamas supreme political leader Khaled Mashal
Filed under: Creeping Sharia, Fraud, Legal, Media, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia Tagged: | Creeping Sharia, finance, hamas, law, Legal, Life, Media, Muslim, New York, News, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism