Google ordered to remove Mohammed film from YouTube

Creeping in the 9th Pillar Circuit. via Google ordered to remove anti-Islamic film from YouTube – Yahoo News.

A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday ordered Google Inc to remove from its YouTube video-sharing website an anti-Islamic film that had sparked protests across the Muslim world.

By a 2-1 vote, a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Google’s assertion that the removal of the film “Innocence of Muslims” amounted to a prior restraint of speech that violated the U.S. Constitution.

The plaintiff, Cindy Lee Garcia, had objected to the film after learning that it incorporated a clip she had made for a different movie, which had been partially dubbed and in which she appeared to be asking: “Is your Mohammed a child molester?”

In a statement, Google said: “We strongly disagree with this ruling and will fight it.”

Cris Armenta, a lawyer for Garcia, said she is delighted with the decision.

“Ordering YouTube and Google to take down the film was the right thing to do,” Armenta said in an email. “The propaganda film differs so radically from anything that Ms. Garcia could have imagined when the director told her that she was being cast in the innocent adventure film.”

The controversial film, billed as a film trailer, depicted the Prophet Mohammed as a fool and a sexual deviant. It sparked a torrent of anti-American unrest among Muslims in Egypt, Libya and other countries in 2012.

That outbreak coincided with an attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya. U.S. and other foreign embassies were also stormed in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

For many Muslims, any depiction of the prophet is considered blasphemous.

Google had refused to remove the film from YouTube, despite pressure from the White House and others, though it blocked the trailer in Egypt, Libya and certain other countries.

In court filings, Google argued that Garcia appeared in the film for five seconds, and that while she might have legal claims against the director, she should not win a copyright lawsuit against Google.

The film has now become an important part of public debate, Google argued, and should not be taken down.

“Our laws permit even the vilest criticisms of governments, political leaders, and religious figures as legitimate exercises in free speech,” the company wrote.

But Garcia argued that her performance within the film was independently copyrightable and that she retained an interest in that copyright.

A lower court had refused her request that Google remove the film from YouTube. In Wednesday’s decision, however, 9th Circuit Chief Judge Alex Kozinski said Garcia was likely to prevail on her copyright claim, and having already faced “serious threats against her life,” faced irreparable harm absent an injunction.

Serious threats to her life and irreparable harm from whom? MUSLIMS!!!!!!!

He called it a rare and troubling case, given how Garcia had been duped. “It’s disappointing, though perhaps not surprising, that Garcia needed to sue in order to protect herself and her rights,” he wrote.

Which of her rights were violated and by whom? The world has been duped…by Islam.

The case is Garcia vs. Google Inc et al., 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 12-57302.

*Note: We fell into the media trap of referring to this as an anti-Islam film rather than a film about Muhammad. Title now changed.

10 thoughts on “Google ordered to remove Mohammed film from YouTube

  1. The film should immediately be posted on everyone’s website and flood the NET with it.

    Screw Islam and the FILTHY scum that protect it.

  2. I guess if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes a truth – the trailer sparked outrage and led to the violence in Egypt & Libya? even the judges are siding with Susan Rice and the administrations hoax. If in fact there is a copyright infringement that’s another issue. But to continue to cite the trailer led to violence in Egypt & Libya is a flat out lie!

  3. Surely by now it is known that few muslims had even heard of the film, and the purported offence taken by the ‘muslim world’ was simply another shoddy excuse pushed forward by the obama gang as an excuse for their deplorable inaction over the Benghazi debacle.

    Question: Can America survive another two years of this president who would have been impeached by now had he been a white Republican, but who thumbs his nose at any and all attempts to rein him in.

  4. so there I was on youtube today looking at a rap video proving Israel is not apartheid-
    of course any video containing the word JEW – will have listed alongside it suggested viewing- and what do I see? multiple films called Synagogue of Satan and worse- not anti Israel mind you, they no longer hide behind “antiZionism” — dozens of these videos of pure lies and pure libel pure HATRED of JEWS– of course Jews do not bomb their headquarters so I guess no problem

    flagging by ordinary people like us does not get acted upon by Google or youtube or FACEBOOK where you can find many JIHADI pages full of vitriol and suggesting violence upon USA citizens- – I suppose if you are having to protect HRC and Obama a different standard- welcome to USSA- where one tiny elite has the power to control info……………………..

  5. Keep putting into the White House, an America-hating cad who has declared his loyalty to Islam, and this is what you get.

If sharia law continues spreading, you'll have less and less freedom of speech - so speak while you can!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s