They released the Muslims and killed the Christians on the spot.
via: Daily Mail
The gunmen, who killed 147 people in Kenya’s worst terrorist attack since 1998, ordered people to recite verses from the Koran at gunpoint to avoid being shot. They also told women they were safe before gunning them down.The men shouted ‘God is great’ as they shot and killed the unarmed civilians.
Reuben Mwavita saw three female students murdered in front of him. He said the gunmen forced them onto their knees and started to interrogate them.
He said: ‘The mistake they made was to say “Jesus, please save us”, because that is when they were immediately shot.’
Up to 150 people have been murdered by masked al-Shabaab terrorists who stormed a Kenyan university and shot and beheaded Christians in the worst attack in the country in 17 years.
The group raided the Garissa University College campus shortly after 5am local time yesterday, overwhelming guards and murdering people they suspected of being a Christian.
The death toll rose to 147 last night and the 13-hour siege ended. A total of 79 were injured and 587 were led to safety.
Most of those killed were students but two police officers, one soldier and two watchmen are among the dead.
Kenya’s interior minister, Joseph Nkaissery said the four terrorist gunmen had strapped themselves with explosives. When officers shot at them, they exploded ‘like bombs’ and shrapnel injured officers.
Kenyan security officials at the scene said dozens of hostages were freed and four of the gunmen, believed to be armed with AK-47s, were killed.
Last night, Kenya’s National Disaster Operations Center said all students were accounted for.
The attack is believed to be the worst terrorist attack on Kenyan soil since the bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi in 1998 which killed more than 200 people.
The terrorists stuck mid-way through Holy Week, the most solemn period in the Christian calendar. Last night, the Christian students were planning to celebrate the Last Supper in preparation for Good Friday.
Pictures on social media of one of the dorms showed bloodstained floors, bodies of male students and splintered wooden chairs.
Kenyan security officials said one of the terrorists was arrested after he tried to escape the compound.
They have also offered a £145,000 bounty for Mohammed Mohamud, known as Dulyadin, alias Gamadhere, who they suspect of masterminding the attack.
Kenyan intelligence officials believe that Mohamud is in charge of al-Shabaab’s external operations against the country.
He is believed to have spent time teaching in a hard-line madrassa before becoming a senior member of the Somali terror organisation.
He claimed responsiblity for an earlier attack in Makka, Kenya on November 22, 2014, when 28 people were murdered.
Kenyan police chief Joseph Boinet announced that a curfew had been introduced from dusk to dawn – 6.30pm to 6.30am – for four regions near the Somalia border as a security precaution.
Student Omar Ibrahim told News24 Kenya: ‘I was in a group that was saved by the KDF (Kenya Defence Forces) just after 1pm.
‘We saw many many bodies, some did not have heads. I don’t know why someone would do such a thing.’
‘The gunmen were saying sisi ni al-Shabaab (Swaihi for we are al-Shabaab).’
Mr Wetangula said he could hear the gunmen interrogating fellow students hiding inside their rooms about their religion.
He said: ‘If you were a Christian you were shot on the spot. With each blast of the gun I thought I was going to die.’
The gunmen started to shoot rapidly and it was as if there was an exchange of fire, he said.
‘The next thing, we saw people in military uniform through the window of the back of our rooms who identified themselves as the Kenyan military.’
Yesterday, Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab, al-Shabaab’s ‘military operations spokesman’, said: ‘We sorted people out and released the Muslims.
‘There are many dead bodies of Christians inside the building. We are also holding many Christians alive. Fighting still goes on inside the college.’
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said he was going to fast-track the recruitment of 10,000 new police officers to tackle the al-Shabaab menace.
He said Kenya had ‘suffered unnecessarily due to shortage of security personnel’.
They, like the world, suffer due to Muslim terrorists fighting for sharia law.
The Islamic extremists who slaughtered 147 people in a Kenyan school appeared to have planned extensively, even targeting a site where Christians had gone to pray, a survivor said Friday.
One of the first things that the al-Shabab gunmen did early Thursday, survivor Helen Titus said, was to head for a lecture hall where Christians were in early morning prayer. Al-Shabab is a Somalia-based extremist group with ties to al-Qaida.
“They investigated our area. They knew everything,” Helen Titus told The Associated Press at a hospital in Garissa where she was being treated for a bullet wound to the wrist. Officials said 79 people were wounded.
Titus, a 21-year-old English literature student, said she covered her face and hair with the blood of classmates and lay still at one point during al-Shabab’s deadliest attack on Kenyan soil in hopes the Islamic extremist gunmen would think she was dead.
The gunmen also told students hiding in dormitories to come out, assuring them that they would not be killed, said Titus, who wore a patient’s gown as she sat on a bench in the hospital yard.
“We just wondered whether to come out or not,” she said. Many students did, whereupon the gunmen started shooting men, saying they would not kill “ladies,” Titus said. But they also shot women and targeted Christians, said Titus, who is a Christian.
The masked attackers — strapped with explosives and armed with AK-47s — singled out non-Muslim students at Garissa University College and then gunned them down without mercy, survivors said. The gunmen took dozens of hostages in a dormitory as they battled troops and police before the operation ended after about 13 hours, witnesses said.
The April 2, 2015, attack has been dubbed the second deadliest attack by al-Shabaab militants in Kenya, coming second only to the 1998 bombing of the US Embassy in Nairobi, which killed 213 people.
“That fateful day will remain in my mind forever. I was not sure whether it was a dream or a reality. The gunmen stormed the classroom where we were holding our morning prayers and literally sprayed bullets around with the intention of eliminating all of us,” Rachael Gikonyo, who was left paralyzed by the attack, told International Christian Concern (ICC).
This was another attack in which the attackers separated Christians from Muslims before slaughtering them. The shooting spree began at the gate where two guards were killed on the spot. It then quickly moved to the classroom where Christian students were having their devotions, and finally to the dormitories, otherwise known as hostels in Kenya. Other students were killed outside while running for safety.
“I was among the students that were interrogated at Mt. Elgon hostel. [We were interrogated so that they could] separate us from Muslim students. Then they forced us to lie in a line outside the hostel and began shooting at us,” narrated Irene Ngwendo, now a student at Moi University. “That was the climax of the attack because more than 100 students were killed outside the hostel. I was shot in both legs and a bullet missed my head by a whisker. The Lord spared my life. With all the pain, and lying between dead bodies, I did not move even an inch to avoid being noticed and call for another bullet in the head,” Irene continued as she tearfully remembered the fateful day.
Many families are still seeking answers even after the killing of Mohamed Kuno Dulyadeen, the mastermind of the Garissa University massacre, by Somali and US Special Forces outside Kismayu in June 2016.
Apr 25, 2018
Approximately 30 armed Muslim Fulani herdsmen murdered 19 people in Ayar Mbalon village, which is located in Nigeria’s central Benue State. Among the dead were two Catholic priests and a catechist, along with laypeople on Tuesday. Witnesses told local media that worshippers were gathered for Mass at about 5:30 a.m. when the marauders interrupted the liturgy and began shooting. Many of the victims died at the scene, while the wounded were transported to St. Theresa’s Hospital.
The Catholic Diocese of Makurdi has identified the two deceased priests. A statement signed by its Director of Communications of the Catholic Diocese of Makurdi, Fr. Moses Iorapuu, read in part, “Reverend Fathers Joseph Gor and Felix Tyolaha have been confirmed dead in the deadly attack by herdsmen/Jihadists early today on Mbalom village and St. Ignatius Quasi Parish Ukpor-Mbalom.” Fr. Iorapuu noted that the assailants burned down homes, destroyed food stocks, and murdered at will, while the local police appear to know nothing about similar attacks that have been going on in other villages in Benue State since the Nigeria’s Anti-open Grazing Law came into effect last year.