Maybe we should have put a ? at the end of the post title knowing this administrations love for all things Islam. Source: Wife of nightclub shooter knew of deadly plans, source says
The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter knew of her husband’s deadly plans and did nothing to stop him, a federal law enforcement source confirmed to Fox News.
FBI agents have interviewed Omar Mateen’s wife, Noor Salman, in the days since Sunday’s massacre that killed 49 and wounded 53 more.
Now FoxNews.com has learned from an FBI source that federal prosecutors have convened a grand jury against Salman, seeking to charge her as an accessory to 49 counts of murder and 53 counts of attempted murder as well as with failure to notify law enforcement about the pending terrorist attack and lying to federal agents.
Mateen died in a shootout with police early Sunday morning. While Salman has been widely referred to as Mateen’s wife, the only proof of their marriage is her listing as his wife on a 2013 mortgage document and family members who said the two were married and had a 3-year-old son.
Salman told investigators that Mateen shared his plans with her to carry out an attack and Mateen may have even called her from the gay club Pulse during the slaughter, a source told Fox News. Salman also confirmed details of Mateen’s gun purchases prior to the assault.
A separate source told Fox News that Salman was cooperating with investigators and had shared information about her husband’s violent aspirations. She had taken a polygraph, CBS reported.
Salman is likely to be arrested, a source told Fox News.
Mateen allegedly scouted an alternate location for the shooting — Downtown Disney — in April and again in early June, CBS reported.
More: Orlando terrorist’s wife ‘told the FBI she tried to talk him out of the attack’, visited Pulse and other targets with him AND was there when he bought his arsenal of ammunition – but never called 911
Orlando gunman Omar Mateen’s wife knew he was planning a mass shooting, went on location scouting trips, accompanied her husband to buy ammunition and never warned authorities, new reports claim.
Salman, 30, admitted she was with Mateen, 29, when he bought his ammunition and holster.
And she drove him to Pulse nightclub and other target scenes – including Walt Disney World – ‘because he wanted to scope them out’.
In fact, they visited Disney World more than once to survey the area before Mateen opted for Pulse, law enforcement sources told CBS.
However, Salman never made any attempts to contact authorities about the impending terror attack.
According to the NBC report, authorities are ‘considering’ charges against Salman for not reporting her husband’s massacre plan.
- FBI agents arrived at Rodeo, California, home where Mateen’s wife Noor Zahi Salman’s mother lives
- Two woman approached first and shouted FBI before being let in, along with male agent
- Palestinian-American Zahi Salman, 50, and one of her four daughters are thought to have been home when federal agents arrived
- Noor has admitted to the FBI that she knew her husband was planning some sort of attack – and had previously driven him to the Pulse nightclub
- Salman, 30, said she was present when he bought ammunition and had driven him on another scouting mission – to Disney World
- She is being questioned by federal agents and could face charges because she knew of plan but did not dial 911
- Was seen entering their Fort Pierce, Florida, apartment on Monday night
- Federal grand jury being convened to consider charges, Fox News reported
Filed under: Creeping Sharia, Florida, Immigration, Legal, Media, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia Tagged: | Creeping Sharia, fbi, Florida, islam, Jihad, law, Life, Media, Muslim, News, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism, travel