…even in make-believe world, thou shalt not desecrate landmarks that might upset adherents of a certain religion of peace.
The aliens are hell bent on extinguishing humans but even they bow to “sensitive groups” that use violence if offended. Which is why there’s no way you’ll see Mecca’s Grand Mosque flattened by alien ray guns.
Director Roland Emmerich, learned his lesson about blowing up “sensitive” Islamic architecture five years ago while making “2012”.
The Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, Christ the Redeemer statue — all “blowed-up real good,” but Middle Eastern landmarks were spared.
“We have to all, in the western world, think about this. You can actually let Christian symbols fall apart, but if you would do this with an Arab symbol, you would have… a fatwa… so I kind of left it out.”
And so again, thanks to self-censorship, the mavens of political correctness in the West continue to endorse the unofficial slogan of the Religion of Peace:
“Might makes right.”
Related dhimmitude from the real Islamophobes:
- Islamic Influence in Hollywood
- Hollywood celebrities caught on film accepting funding from “Middle East oil interests”
- Non-Stop Nonsense: Hollywood and Islamic Terrorism
- Islamic group helps Hollywood sanitize Islam in movies, television
- Islamists recruit screenwriters to spread Islam in Hollywood
- Islam a Taboo Topic on TV and in Hollywood
- 85% of media stories on Ft. Hood didn’t mention “terror”
- Comedy Central afraid to even say Muhammid, to mock Jesus in new show
- Muslim Villain Scratched from Ron Howard’s ‘Angels & Demons’ Film Adaptation
- Hollywood’s Weinstein caves – deletes honor killing from movie
- Viacom’s Comedy Central enforcing sharia: Can’t say Muhammad on South Park or view episode online