Creeping in the valley, via: Valley Stream school board OKs Muslim
holy day as school holiday
The Valley Stream Central High School District is the latest school system on Long Island to recognize a Muslim or Hindu holy day as a school holiday, and did so partly in response to what its board president called attacks on Muslims by President Donald Trump.
The district’s board of education voted 9-0 Tuesday night to make Eid al-Fitr, one of the holiest days of the year for Muslims, a school holiday in the next academic year. It will fall on June 15, 2018.
Cristobal Stewart, president of the high school district’s board, said there was growing community support to make Eid al-Fitr a school holiday, and Trump’s rhetoric and travel ban on people from seven Muslim-majority countries made it even more imperative.
“It is important that we make a statement about religious tolerance and recognition of the positive diversity in our community, including the diversity of our Muslim community,” he said.
The district’s three high schools and junior high school serve grades seven through 12. Trustees of the three local elementary school systems — Valley Stream Districts 13, 24 and 30 — earlier acted to recognize Eid al-Fitr as a holiday.
Since October, when Syosset became the first school district in New York to recognize the Hindu holy day of Diwali along with Eid al-Fitr, several districts in Nassau or Suffolk have followed suit with one or both of those holidays, as well as another Muslim holy day, Eid al-Adha. They include East Meadow, Elwood, Half Hollow Hills, Harborfields, Herricks and Hicksville.
On Monday night, the East Williston board voted to make Diwali and Eid al-Fitr school holidays.
Valley Stream’s Stewart said at least 25 percent of students in some of the district’s schools are Muslim.
“This is about the emergence of a community in the time of Trump,” Stewart said. Local Muslims are making valuable contributions in Valley Stream “that contrasts with the hateful rhetoric coming from our federal government.”
The emergence is actually called an INVASION and here are just a few examples of the “positive diversity” of the Muslim community in Long Island:
- Long Island: Muslim Sentenced To 25 Years For Plotting To Help Al Qaeda
- Long Island: Another Muslim Admits Role in International $200M Credit Card Fraud
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center opens space…for Muslim rituals
- Long Island: Democrat candidate to speak at mosque with 1993 WTC bombing conspirator
- Long Island, NY mosque funded jihad in Afghanistan
- Long Island: Muslim deli owners arrested for swindling Latino lottery winner out of $1M jackpot
- Long Island: Another Muslim arrested for supporting al Qaeda
- Long Island: Muslims hack websites on eve of 9/11, post bin Laden videos
- Long Island: Muslims terrorize synagogue until they cancel event on sharia
- Imam on “Human Rights Commission” plots to block talk on sharia at Long Island synagogue
- Long Island Rail Road jihad plot (video)
- Long Island Muslim Linked to Times Square Bomber Pleads Guilty
Thanks to the same Muslim supremacists, non-Muslim holidays are actually being REMOVED from schools.