We fixed the title. Source: Articles: When Evangelicals Become Useful Idiots for Islamism
James White is a well-known conservative Christian evangelist who has been seduced by the siren call of the Interfaith Dialog, and has partnered with a Muslim Imam, Dr. Yasir Qadhi, to “educate” Americans on the Muslim religion. White finds their budding relationship “refreshing” and expounds on how much he has learned about Islam from his newfound friend. He calls Qadhi his “mentor” on aspects of Islam. He bristles at those who suggest he is being used, and instead has gone on offense, engaging his allies among Christian conservatives to attack his critics. And just as the #NeverTrumpers have created a war within the GOP, and assisted in Democrat efforts to make our nation ungovernable by vilifying and hobbling President Trump, so Christians like this have created new fissures in the Church that will not advance the Christian message, but rather further dilute and weaken it by allowing clever, articulate Muslims to explain why Islam is the ultimate religion.
Qadhi claims to oppose violent Jihad and characterizes ISIS as “crazy,” “something we have never seen before.” For that he has been called “apostate” in the ISIS publication, Dabiq, along with Keith Ellison, Huma Abedin, Mohamed Elibiary, and others. However, it is difficult to understand how someone so certain of Islam’s supremacy could at the same time work against it as ISIS claims he is doing. But Qadhi has much bigger problems that Dr. White is either unaware of or dismisses:
- According to the New York Times, Qadhi is a Salafist, an ultraconservative sect of Islam associated with, but predating Saudi Wahhabism. Osama bin Laden was a Salafist.
- Qadhi is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America (AMJA). The AMJA is at the forefront of legal battles to legitimize Sharia law in U.S. courts.
- Qadhi is both Dean of Academic Affairs and instructor at the Al Maghrib Institute, which has produced numerous jihadis. He personally taught Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian “Underwear Bomber.”
- His speech at the ICNA-MAS convention is just one of many he has given at functions produced by organizations associated with radical Islam.
◦ MAS is a Muslim Brotherhood front.
◦ At the 14th Annual ICNA-MAS conference, MAS Immigrant Justice Ctr. Director Khalilah Sabra called for an Egypt-style nationwide street revolution.
◦ At that same conference, CAIR Director Nihad Awad declared CAIR’s alliance with Black Lives Matter. CAIR has since participated in nationwide BLM protests.
◦ Anti-Trump protester Linda Sarsour has also spoken at ICNA-MAS conferences.
◦ ICNA is the American branch of Jamaat-e-Islami (JI).
◦ JI’s military wing owned the Pakistani compound where Osama bin Laden hid out and was finally killed by U.S. Special Forces.
◦ JI rivals the Muslim Brotherhood in its influence in modern Islam and is allied with the Brotherhood as well as Saudi Sunni Islamists.
◦ Like the MB, it developed a modern “revolutionary conception of Islam”.
- According to Understanding the Threat, Qadhi works with Hamas and other terrorist groups and has publicly defended notorious Islamists, including Sami al Arian, convicted terrorist Ali al-Timimi, American Taliban fighter John Walker Lindh and al Qaeda terrorist Aafia Siddiqui.
- Qadhi invited Imam Siraj Wahhaj, “an all-time favorite of all of us,” to speak at Qadhi’s “Pleasant View” Islamic school in Memphis, TN. Wahhaj is a member of Louis Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam, was an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, and spoke in court in defense of the so-called “Blind Sheik”, Omar Abdel Rahman, who was convicted as the bombing’s mastermind.
Now, Qadhi is not alone in lionizing Wahhaj. The Democratic Party featured Wahhaj in its first-ever Jumah, held at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. But this is not evidence of his moderation. Instead it shows just how far off the edge the Democratic Party has gone.
So never mind the doctrinal differences, Dr. White seems to have really picked a winner here. Now, in fairness to Dr. White, he plainly states that there are problems with Islam — with its doctrine and its violence. Rather than being helpful, however, this simply disarms us by reassuring us that he is aware of the problems. So what does he do about it? He asks Qadhi to make a video that explains Islam to Christians. So, even assuming Qadhi means what he says, do you really expect him to get into those inconvenient truths?
One can find many passages in the Old Testament that call for extreme punishments. For example, Mosaic law treats adultery, homosexuality, incest, and bestiality as capital crimes. (Leviticus 20), but does that happen today? Only in Islam are these and other extreme punishments meted out for such behavior. Only in Islam is stoning and beheading still a routine form of execution. You could argue that ISIS does not follow Islamic law, but only in some of the novel forms of execution ISIS has dreamed up.
Conservative Christian evangelist and radio show host Brannon Howse has taken White on. Howse explained his case in a recent post:
I am saddened and heart-broken that people from conservative Bible and reformed institutions and churches think that holding a dialogue with a Jihadi imam in a church is acceptable. But to some, it now appears to be.
I have been writing and speaking on radio about Yasir Qadhi for several years, so it is not like I went looking for this controversy. I found it because I was on YouTube listening to speeches by Yasir and stumbled on videos of James White in a church in my hometown facilitating what was described as an “interfaith dialogue.”
Howse said that “participating in this sort of event with non-believers clearly violates the teaching of 2 John 9-11 and 2 Corinthians 6:14.” Howse believes that White is simply playing into the Islamist’s hands, and calls him a “dupe” and “useful idiot.”
These terms may sound harsh, but are very apropos in this circumstance. “Useful idiot” is a term coined by Soviet leaders to describe Western liberals who enthusiastically promoted the communist line without knowing it. Today the “Interfaith Dialog” seeks to do the same for Islam.
Instead of considering that reality however, White’s friends and allies have gone on the warpath. Probably the most prominent is Phil Johnson, Executive Director of John MacArthur’s Grace To You ministries, who said on Facebook that “Howse’s critique is overblown and exaggerated to a shameful degree,” despite acknowledging that, “In the years I’ve been at GCC (Grace Christian Church) we have never sponsored any kind of debate with an unbeliever.”
We are facing a multi-front, aggressive effort to disarm, emasculate, and delegitimize our nation. Apologists like Mr. Qadhi assure us there is nothing to fear, while the Islamist political operatives viciously attack us as “bigots” and “Islamophobes” when we express the slightest skepticism. Meanwhile our instincts and the increasing frequency of deadly attacks played out before our eyes every day, tell us otherwise. We really do need to confront the dangers posed by Islamic terrorism and the subversive effort to advance the conquest ideology of Sharia law. The answer, however, is not to make pretend there is no problem.