Salzburg has banned pork in city-run kindergartens in what local officials have defended saying it meets the needs of Muslim children.
The ban was not advertised or announced and has been in place for some time until parents of children attending kindergartens in the city noticed that pork was never present on school menus. An official from the Salzburg mayor’s office said the ban on pork was both for health reasons and “among other things, the needs of Muslim children”, Kronen Zeitung reports.
The office of the Social Democratic Party (SPÖ) deputy mayor Anja Hagenaue confirmed the accusations saying that while there was no official order given by the left wing government, the ban had been in place for around five years. Ms. Hagenaue added the children preferred chicken and carrots to pork.
Salzburg is the second regional capital in Austria to ban pork from the school menu, the first being Bregenz in Austria’s most western region of Voralburg.
ServusTV, a relatively new television channel funded by the Red Bull energy drink company, questioned the parents of children attending kindergartens in Salzburg. They told the channel they rejected the fact pork was excluded and the channel commissioned a nationwide survey that showed 78 per cent of Austrians thought pork should be included in all kindergartens.
The issue of pork in schools which have growing Muslim student populations has erupted across many European countries in recent years.
It’s happening in the United States too.
- Washington: Kent School District Removes Pork From Menus to Appease Muslims
- Tennessee: Grade School Bans Pork to Appease Muslims
- Minnesota: Taxpayers fund private rooms with Islamic prayer rugs, halal lunches in public schools
- San Diego: Taxpayers now funding Muslim’s halal school lunches
- San Diego School District Expands Sharia Lunch Program
- Taxpayer Funds Used to Pay a Premium for Halal Food in U.S. Schools
The larger the Muslim invasion of the U.S., the more sharia there will be. You are paying for it now, your children and theirs will be the future victims.