In a news conference, authorities said Ramadan Abdullah, 64, has been charged the following:
- Four counts, criminal possession of a weapon, second degree, class C felony
- Criminal possession of a weapon, third degree, class D felony
- Criminal possession of stolen property, fifth degree, class A misdemeanor
Officials said that Abdullah was arrested by Johnson City police on May 31 for shoplifting ammunition from Gander Mountain. According to the Broome County District Attorney’s Office, when a search warrant was executed on Abdullah’s storage unit in the town of Union, the following items were recovered:
- Four loaded handguns
- Eight assault weapons
- 64 high-capacity ammunition feeding devices
- One loaded shotgun
- Two rifles
- Thousands of rounds of ammunition for rifles, pistols and assault weapons, including .50 caliber armor piercing incendiary rounds, numerous firearm parts and flak jackets.
According to the DA’s office, search warrants were also executed at additional properties tied to Abdullah, resulting in the seizure of:
- Numerous rounds of .38 caliber ammunition
- High-capacity ammunition feeding devices and ammunition
- An additional loaded firearm
The New York State Police released the following specific information regarding the firearms.
- H&K USP Compact Pistol, .357 SIG caliber, semi-auto pistol, with laser (loaded)
- Browning Arms, 9mm caliber, semi-auto pistol w/laser (loaded)
- Browning Arms Company , .22 caliber semi-auto pistol (loaded)
- Glock Model 30, 45ACP caliber, semi-auto pistol w/laser (loaded)
- COP Inc, Four barrel pistol, 38 Special / 357 Magnum caliber (loaded)
- US Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer, .22 caliber, semi-auto rifle w/ Sightmark Holographic sight
- Steyr-Daimler-Puch A6 AUG, .223 caliber, semi-auto rifle w/sling and scope
- Kassnar Imports AK47, 7.62×39 caliber, semi-auto rifle w/folding stock
- Springfield Armory M1A, 7.62 caliber, desert camo colored, semi-auto rifle w/scope
- Armalite AR-180, 5.56 caliber, semi-auto rifle, w/sling
- Armalite AR-180, 5.56 caliber, semi-auto rifle, with folding stock, Armalite scope, and sling
- H&K SR9TC, 7.62×51 caliber, desert camo colored semi-auto rifle w/ Springfield Armory Scope
- Bushmaster Model XM15-E2S, 223/5.56 caliber, Semi-auto rifle, w/ leather sling
State Police would not reveal if they believe Abdullah was connected to any terror groups.
“That is still under investigation. We do believe he has left the country. We have information to indicate that. As far as his affiliation with other groups, that is being investigated, we do have cooperation with federal authorities on that,” said NYSP Major James Barnes.
According to officials, Abdullah was sent to the Broome County Jail to wait for arraignment.
A long-time associate of a U.S.-based Islamist terrorist organization, Muslims of America (MOA), has been arrested in Johnson City, NY. Authorities discovered that he had a large cache of weapons inside a storage locker. A source inside MOA says the weapons were intended for the group’s “Islamberg” headquarters in Hancock, NY.
The suspect, 64-year old Ramadan Abdullah, was previously arrested in 1977 when he and another man tried to rob a candy store in Brooklyn and someone was murdered in the process. When police searched his home, they found enough material to build 50 bombs. In the end, the charges against Abdullah were strangely reduced (see below).
Confidential sources inside MOA say that Ramadan Abdullah has been a significant member of the group since it first formed in the United States in 1980 and helped buy the land that became “Islamberg.” Additional research substantiates their information that he is close to MOA members.
The sources say that Abdullah’s weapons were destined for the group, specifically Islamberg.
“We were told some bullsh** that the weapons were coming to MOA to help us defend ourselves against an upcoming biker rally. They had armor-piercing bullets coming to them. Why would they want that if they are just protecting themselves against some bikers?” said one source who learned about the explanation following a meeting that was held by MOA after Abdullah’s arrest.
Read it all for more details on the Islamic compound in Islamberg and Abdullah.