Spain: Prime Minister calls Barcelona attacks that killed 14 “jihadi terrorism”

Dual jihad attacks by Muslims plowing into pedestrians in Barcelona and Cambrils. Future generations will ask why good men did nothing while rogue politicians allowed mass Islamic invasion (hijra) to destroy the West.

Source: Barcelona attack: Spanish Prime Minister calls it ‘jihadi terrorism’ – CNN

At least 13 people were killed and more than 100 injured after a van rammed through crowds in the heart of Barcelona on Thursday, in what the Spanish Prime Minister described as an act of “jihadi terrorism.”

With the country on edge and the driver of the van on the loose, authorities in a coastal city southwest of Barcelona reported an incident early Friday that was being treated as a possible terror attack.

Catalan police tweeted that an incident in Cambrils led to the parties responsible being “taken down.”

The alleged terrorists have been neutralized, Catalan police said, but officials refused to confirm their deaths. Cambrils is a coastal city about 115 kilometers southwest of Barcelona.

Four terrorists were killed early Friday in Cambrils, Spain, and a fifth person is in police custody, Catalan police tweeted. Authorities say there is an ongoing police operation, but the situation is under control.

The attack in Barcelona produced scenes of panic and chaos as the van plowed down the renowned Las Ramblas avenue in the early evening. Authorities said of the 80 people taken to hospitals, 15 were seriously hurt. The perpetrator disappeared.

“The driver abandoned the van and escaped from the area,” Catalan Police Chief Josep Lluis Trapero said.

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy spoke of his grief and offered condolences to the families of the victims.

“I want to also express my solidarity with all of Spain to the city of Barcelona, today hit by jihadi terrorism, like other cities have been in the world.” Rajoy said

Two suspects — one from Morocco, one from the Spanish enclave of Melilla — were arrested, Trapero said.

One suspect was arrested in Alcanar, around 200 kilometers (120 miles) southwest of Barcelona.

In an incident in that city that Trapero said is connected to the attack, one person was killed in an explosion at a house. But Trapero didn’t say whether the arrest and explosion were tied to each other.

He did say the victim is Spanish and was not on police radar.

The other suspect was arrested in Ripoll, about 110 kilometers (68 miles) north of Barcelona and 300 kilometers (186 miles) from Alcanar.

Reports of the incident emerged on social media about 5 p.m. (11 a.m. ET). Photographs and videos showed people fleeing the area. About two hours later, police confirmed a terror attack.

It was the latest in a series of attacks in Europe in which vehicles have been used to mow down pedestrians in public spaces. More than 100 people have died in similar attacks in Berlin, London and Nice.

Catalan police said they were continuing to hunt for the perpetrators and that the force had activated its terror response protocols. Unconfirmed reports suggested the suspects may have been attempting to reach a getaway vehicle.

Catalan police later tweeted that a driver had run over two police officers at a security checkpoint in Barcelona and that the driver had been found near the city. The two officers suffered minor injuries and did not need hospital treatment, police said. It was unclear whether that incident was related to the terror attack.

Local Spanish media earlier reported that two armed men had entered a restaurant. But Catalan police dismissed rumors the attacker had been holed up near Las Ramblas and said there “was never a hostage situation.”


More: Police link explosion south of Barcelona yesterday that completely destroyed a house ‘full of butane gas canisters’ and killed one person to terror attack

The terror attack in Barcelona is linked an explosion that killed at least one person in a town 120 miles south of the city.

One person was killed and six were injured after a house, which contained more than 20 butane gas canisters, blew up in Alcanar, Catalonia at about 11.15pm on Wednesday night.

A second explosion took place after emergency services rushed to the scene, injuring six police officers and two firefighters as they sifted through rubble.

A police source said it is believed the residents in the house were preparing explosives using gas cylinders.

Police said it was possible a second person was dead among the ruins of the house.

Footage captured in the aftermath of the explosion and uploaded to the YouTube channel of Spanish news website Aguaita.cat shows firefighters searching through a sea of debris.

A police source said: ‘The explosion was very violent, and the investigators are still finding human remains.’

Neighbours said that two north African brothers had been renting the house.


More: Death toll in Spain attacks rises to 14

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Police on Friday shot and killed five people wearing fake bomb belts who staged a car attack in a seaside resort in Spain’s Catalonia region hours after a van plowed into pedestrians on a busy Barcelona promenade, killing at least 13 people and injuring over 100 others.

Authorities said the back-to-back vehicle attacks — as well as an explosion earlier this week elsewhere in Catalonia— were connected and the work of a large terrorist group. Three people were arrested, but the driver of the van used in the Barcelona attack remained at large and the manhunt intensified for the perpetrators of the latest European rampage claimed by the Islamic State group.

Authorities were still reeling from Thursday’s Barcelona attack when police in the popular seaside town of Cambrils, about 130 kilometers (80 miles) to the south, fatally shot five people near the town’s boardwalk who had plowed into a group of tourists and locals with their blue Audi 3. Six people, including a police officer, were injured, though it wasn’t clear how badly.

Catalonia’s interior minister, Joaquim Forn, told Onda Cero radio that the five suspects killed in a subsequent shootout with police were wearing fake bomb belts.

“They were fakes, but very well made, and it wasn’t until the bomb squad carried out the controlled explosion of one that they could determine they were fakes,” he said.

The Audi and a damaged police car were towed from the scene Friday.

The Cambrils attack came hours after a white van veered onto Barcelona’s picturesque Las Ramblas promenade and mowed down pedestrians, zig-zagging down the strip packed with locals and tourists from around the world.

Forn, told local radio RAC1 the Cambrils attack “follows the same trail. There is a connection


More: Fifteen of those injured on Thursday remained in serious condition and authorities warned the death toll could continue to rise.

Live updates here Barcelona and Cambrils attacks

American dead in Spain, US citizen also injured in terror attack


Source: Who are the suspects?

  • Killed: Five suspected jihadists shot dead by police in Cambrils. Moussa Oukabir, 17; Said Aallaa, 18; Mohamed Hychami, 24; two unnamed men
  • Arrested: Three in the town of Ripoll: Driss Oukabir, 28, the brother of Moussa. He turned himself in saying his documents had been stolen to rent vehicles used in the Las Ramblas attack. Sahal el-Karib, 34, and Mohammed Aallaa, 27. One unnamed person in Alcanar, following the house explosion there on Wednesday
  • Hunted: Younes Abouyaaqoub, now suspected to be the driver in the Las Ramblas attack

5 thoughts on “Spain: Prime Minister calls Barcelona attacks that killed 14 “jihadi terrorism”

  1. Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy is speaking the Truth. Additionally, The blood of all those killed is directly on the hands of the Politicians who allowed Invaders into their country who have Zero Desire to assimilate with any Western Country. The followers of the 7th Century Lifestyle have shown that their goal is to conquer the world and force everyone to convert to their way of life or die. It is all in their teachings and shown by over 1400 years of aggression toward others. Ignored by Liberals ever where.

  2. On September 12, 2012 the Muslim savage pretending to be POTUS said to the UN Degenerate Assembly, “The future should belong to no one who slanders the prophet of Islam.” He must be very proud of these latest slaughters by people of his demented faith. What is so Satanic about this statement from one who simply occupied the seat of this nation’s presidency is that he is calling for the mass murder of those who are not Muslim savages. Sick. PI

  3. Pingback: Finland: ‘Allahu Akbar’ screaming Moroccan Muslims target women in stabbing rampage, 2 dead |

If sharia law continues spreading, you'll have less and less freedom of speech - so speak while you can!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s