Torontostan: Disabled man told taxpayer-funded subsidized housing for Muslims-only

Source: Disabled man told subsidized housing is for Muslims only | Toronto Star. h/t Atlas Shrugs

A young wheelchair user has been taken off the waiting list for a publicly subsidized apartment because he is not a member of the Muslim community that established the building — a practice that, while legal, raises concerns that accommodations for cultural and religious groups could be limiting access to affordable housing.

According to a letter that arrived at his mother’s house last week, Austin Lewis, 21, was removed from the waiting list at the Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace building on Finch Ave. W in North York because he is not a member of their faith.

The supposedly moderate, peaceful Ahmadiyya’s. Like all Muslims, they still enforce the same sharia.

“It was mostly confusing, more than anything else,” he said. “Why would a government segregate its own building?”

The 16-storey building, which provides a range of services to its residents including a prayer room that accommodates 250, was actually approved in the 1990s as part of a provincial program to encourage non-profits and religious groups to build affordable housing, according to its property manager.

Lewis, who has used a wheelchair since a disease attacked his spinal cord when he was 8, says he applied to more than 100 accessible buildings in Toronto, Brampton and Peel Region, and there was no notice that any of them were restricted to a certain community.

“We had no idea. The letter came as a complete shock,” he said.

The city provides a $1.7-million subsidy for 94 rent-geared-to-income units under a five-year agreement, which began Jan. 1, that restricts tenants to “members of the Muslim Jama’at.”

His mother, Laura Whiteway, is incensed that her son could be turned away from a wheelchair-accessible building.

“They’re being given a licence to discriminate. It’s just wrong,” she said.

Canada: Muslim immigrant beats wife in front of cops, claims “his property”

Islam and sharia. The real war on women.

via Beat wife in front of cops | Winnipeg Sun.

A Winnipeg man who allegedly assaulted his wife in front of police and told an officer he could do what he wants with “his property” is now fighting a bail order banning him from having any contact with the woman.

“Even if her wish was to have contact with (the accused), the Crown would be strongly opposed to any variation of the bail,” Crown attorney Vuk Mitrovic told court Wednesday.

In the presence of police, the accused “was undeterred in committing an assault on his wife,” Mitrovic said. “The attitude he demonstrated … should cause the court grave concern about the safety and protection of the public.”

The accused, who is not being identified to protect the identity of the alleged victim, was arrested June 24 after police responded to a 911 call from his family’s Lorne Avenue apartment.

The man has filed a motion to remove a bail condition prohibiting him from living with his wife and nine children pending resolution of his charges.

“I have been away from my home and my family (for over a month),” the man told court through an interpreter. “This is a problem according to my faith to be away from my family.”

Court was told the family fled their native Iraq for Syria before arriving in Winnipeg last February. The family suffered persecution from terrorist groups including al-Qaida. While in Syria, one of the man’s children was kidnapped and held for ransom.

“The family is very strong in the Islamic religion and they have very strong cultural beliefs,” said defence lawyer Lincoln Atten. “The family is suffering on a daily basis. At one point, (the accused) was sleeping in a park near the home just to be close to his family.”

Police were called to the man’s home after a report of a 911 hang-up call, Mitrovic told court. The man’s wife, who only speaks Arabic, indicated through hand gestures that he had hit her in the eye.

Police were searching the man’s clothing when his wife kissed one of the officers on the hand, Mitrovic said. The accused then “grabbed her by the throat and violently shoved her.”

Police arrested the man and took him into custody. In an interview with an Arabic-speaking police officer, the man said “he wanted to be locked up in a mental hospital and the key thrown away as he didn’t know what he would do to his wife,” Mitrovic told court.

“He also said he doesn’t agree with Canadian laws and that his wife is his property and he can do what he wants with her,” Mitrovic said.

Judge Tim Killeen adjourned deciding the motion until Aug. 21.


 

h/t Jihad Watch who reminds readers that this is part of Islam:

Muhammad’s example is normative for Muslims, since he is an “excellent example of conduct” (Qur’an 33:21) — and according to a canonical hadith, Muhammad’s favorite wife, his child bride Aisha, reports that Muhammad struck her. Once he went out at night after he thought she was asleep, and she followed him surreptitiously. Muhammad saw her, and, as Aisha recounts: “He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?” (Sahih Muslim 2127) Aisha herself said it: “I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women.” (Sahih Bukhari 7.72.715)

The Qur’an commentary Ruhul Ma’ani reflects mainstream Muslim understandings of this verse when it gives four reasons that a man may beat his wife: “if she refuses to beautify herself for him,” if she refuses sex when he asks for it, if she refuses to pray or perform ritual ablutions, and “if she goes out of the house without a valid excuse.”

“Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for Allah’s guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them.” (Qur’an 4:34)

Canada: Muslim Couple Wanted to Infiltrate Synagogue, Kill Jewish Children

 via Daniel Greenfield | Frontpage Mag.

Islamophobia is a serious threat and must be defeated no matter how many non-Muslim children must be killed to make it happen.

Amanda Korody, a Canadian woman found guilty of taking part in a terrorist bomb plot, also wanted to infiltrate a synagogue and kill Jewish children, according to a report in the Western Canadian newspaper, the Times Colonist.

Both Korody and co-defendant, John Nuttall, her husband, are self-described Muslim converts.

Police notes presented in British Columbia (B.C.) Supreme Court on Monday described how Korody’s husband John Nuttall told an undercover officer that his wife believed she would be doing Jewish children a favor by sending them to paradise, since she believed “grown-up Jews” go to “eternal hell” when they die.

“I asked Nuttall how he thinks he will have access to Jewish kids and he said they were both white and could pass for Jewish,” according to the undercover officer’s notes, dated from March 2013.

They will be regulars in the synagogue. They will gain the trust of everybody. And once they have everything they will get enough guns and ammo to go ahead with their mission.”

The Times Colonist added that Nuttall acknowledged that Jewish children were non-combatants but explained that their killing was justified since they would be raised to hate Arabs and Muslims. However, he eventually conceded that to the officer that “you never know, they may convert (to Islam) in their adulthood.”

The plot is rather similar to Dylann Roof’s, with the gruesome twist that the Jihadist couple were targeting kids, except we won’t be banning anything Islam-related over it. That would be Islamophobic.

 John Nuttal was really into social justice. So he was obviously inspired by the mass murder of Americans.

Accused terrorist John Nuttall told an undercover officer in the weeks leading up to his alleged Canada Day plot to attack the British Columbia legislature that he converted to Islam because he wanted “jihad,” his trial heard Wednesday.

“I wanted jihad before I became a Muslim,” Nuttall says in the video, which was played for the jury. “I just wanted justice. … When 9/11 happened, I became really interested with these people.”

“The first thing I said when I converted is, ‘How do I worship my God?'” Nuttall says in the video. “And my second question was, ‘Where is my gun? Let’s go do jihad.”

The Crown alleges Nuttall and Korody, who were recent converts to Islam, built pressure-cooker bombs and then placed them on the front lawn of the legislature in Victoria hours before Canada Day festivities. The RCMP ensured the bombs were inert, the Crown says.

But you know Islamophobia is the real problem.


Post script:

A jury found the Muslim couple guilty of plotting to set off pressure-cooker bombs outside British Columbia’s provincial legislature on Canada Day 2013 when thousands of people were expected to be there.

Canada: Wannabe Muslim terrorist gets vicious prison beating after threatening non-Muslim inmates

via Inside the vicious jailhouse beating of Carlos Larmond: Terror twin recruiting ‘soldiers of Islam’. h/t Jack

Carlos Larmond’s time in jail since his arrest on terrorism charges in January has been anything but quiet, with him allegedly trying to recruit “soldiers of Islam” and ending up on the wrong side of a vicious two-on-one fight that left him hospitalized.

Since his arrest at a Montreal airport by the RCMP on charges of leaving the country to wage terrorism, Larmond, 24, has earned a name at Ottawa’s Innes Road jail for allegedly threatening non-Muslim prisoners. According to one inmate, Larmond told prisoners if they don’t convert to Islam their families on the outside would be killed by ISIL. Another inmate, a Muslim who refused to be a “soldier for Islam,” told fellow prisoners that Islam is a religion of peace, not war.

There was nothing peaceful about March 3, when two non-Muslim prisoners had had enough of Larmond’s talking and ended the conversation with their fists and feet, according to witness accounts.

It was just after 11:30 a.m, right as lunch was about to be served on B Range, when Larmond was talking up a storm with two other inmates. Then, outside of Cell No. 1, witnesses say that the two inmates unleashed a severe beating, hitting Larmond in the head with their fists again and again and backing him into a cell off the hallway, where he fell backwards onto the floor only to be foot-stomped in the head and body.

In all of this, according to witness accounts, the accused terrorist didn’t throw a single punch and tried as he could to keep his arms up in a defensive position.

The accused terrorist twins have been charged with intimidating and threatening guards at the Innes Road jail over events that occurred in March and April.

Terrence Wilson, 24, is also charged with assault causing bodily harm in connection with the incident. None of the allegations against the two men have been proven in court.

“I can’t really comment on the specifics of the case other than to say that there have been recent events at the (Innes Road jail) with Carlos Larmond and his twin brother getting charged with intimidation and threats that are related to my client’s defence on this charge and I fully expect to raise and explore these issues in greater detail at Terrence Wilson’s trial,” said Wilson’s defence lawyer Paolo Giancaterino.


Some infidels aren’t ready to go quietly.

 

Former CAIR-Canada Official Represents Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood

via Former CAIR-Canada Official Represents Egyptian Brotherhood.

By Ryan Mauro

Wael-Haddara-IP_0

Media coverage of the U.S. State Department’s decision to comply with Egypt’s request not to meet with a Muslim Brotherhood delegation this month missed an important point: That delegation included a former official from the Canadian wing of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and he has connections to several other Canadian Islamist groups.

The Muslim Brotherhood delegation visited the U.S. to advocate against the Egyptian government. The Brotherhood announced a new violent phase in January shortly after its representatives met with State Department officials. Brotherhood media outlets are calling for acts of violence in Egypt and against the interests of countries that are friendly towards President El-Sisi.

Eric Trager of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy writes that the Brotherhood delegation included Wael Haddara, a Canadian who served as a senior campaign adviser to former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood’s official candidate.

Haddara claims he is not a member of the Brotherhood but the group’s followers often play a game of semantics with what it means to be a “member.” He says he was a media advisor to Morsi before he launched his presidential campaign.

Haddara was on the board of the National Council of Canadian Muslims, formerly known as CAIR-Canada. CAIR is a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity and was banned as a terrorist group by the United Arab Emirates last year. Two other directors besides Haddara are known Muslim Brotherhood supporters. He left CAIR-Canada/NCCM in 2012 to work for Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.


Read it all.

 

Canada: Muslim Church Attacker, Out on Bail and Thinking About Killing a Priest

When hate crimes don’t count. h/t Gates of Vienna.

A Catholic church in Brampton, a suburb west of Toronto, was vandalized by a culturally enriched young fellow named Iqbal Hessan. Based on surveillance videos, Mr. Hessan damaged and desecrated St. Catherine of Siena church. And he also told police investigators that he wanted to kill a priest.

So what did the magistrate do? Why, he let the miscreant out on bail, of course!

Ezra Levant of TheRebel.media talks about the incident in the following clip:


Elsewhere in Canada: QUÉBEC CITY’s LARGEST CHRISTIAN CEMETERY – Unprecedented vandalism to at least 170 tombstones

At least 170 and perhaps as many as 200 tombstones were knocked over and/or completely destroyed last night at the St-Charles Cemetery, in an unprecedented and appalling act of vandalism, says the outraged manager of the premises.

 (FYI: There are five mega-mosques in Quebec City and more than 80% of the taxi drivers are Muslim…Just sayin’)

But…

According to cemetery officials, they do NOT intend to increase security for the premises.

Canada: Montreal mosque gave precise instructions to 10 young Muslims trying to join Syrian jihad

Catch and release. via Youth trying to reach Syria got instructions from Montreal mosque, family members say | Toronto Star. h/t Jihad Watch

MONTREAL—Ten young Quebec Muslims who were detained for allegedly trying to join jihadist groups in Syria received precise travel instructions, financing advice and moral support from individuals they met at a Montreal mosque, family members have alleged to national security investigators.

A source with knowledge of the allegations told La Presse that family members said they received advice so that their travel plans did not appear suspicious. Those instructions allegedly included advice to book tickets on an Italy-bound flight with a stopover in Istanbul. During the layover they were to make their way to the Turkish-Syrian border.

The source said the youths were also advised to get credit cards so that they could book their plane tickets and take out cash advances. The students also allegedly discussed details of their travel plan on a password-protected Internet forum.

No charges have been laid in the case and all 10 youths were released from police custody.

But the latest allegations raise more questions about the Assahaba mosque, which is run by Adil Charkaoui, a Canadian citizen whom security services long suspected of being an Al Qaeda sleeper agent.

Of 21 individuals who have either gone missing, been charged with terrorist offences, or had their passports confiscated in the last six months, at least nine have been linked in some way to Charkaoui or his mosque.


WTF’s all around. Neither the terror-recruiting imam nor his mosque have been shut down and the 10 wannabe jihadis were released? Canada, like the U.S., is on a suicide mission.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 45,770 other followers

%d bloggers like this: