bin Laden Bodyguard Cleared for Release from Gitmo

via Herridge: Possible Bin Laden Bodyguard Cleared for Release From Gitmo.

A terror suspect who was once profiled as Usama bin Laden’s bodyguard is a step closer to leaving Guantanamo Bay.

Fox News chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reported the latest details this morning on the case of 36-year-old Yemeni foot soldier Saeed Sarem Jarabh.

Jarabh was captured in 2002 as he fled the mountains of Tora Bora in Afghanistan, where bin Laden was believed to be hiding out after the 9/11 attacks.

Now, a federal parole board has cleared Jarabh to be transferred out of Gitmo, calling him a “low-level” fighter.

He had previously been classified as a “forever detainee,” meaning he was deemed too dangerous for release, but evidence for prosecution was insufficient.

According to Herridge, analysts believe the Obama administration is now accepting more risk that detainees will return to terror activities as it ramps up its efforts to further empty the prison and shut it down before the president leaves office.

The head of the Defense Intelligence Agency recently testified to Congress that the terror recidivism rate is at 18% among Guantanamo transfers in the last 4-5 years.

She said in almost all of the recent transfers, there have been no meaningful restrictions on the freed detainees once they arrive in a third country.

Herridge said about 122 detainees are left at Gitmo, with 50 cleared for transfer. The administration, she reports, is said to be trying to reduce the population under 100 so the remaining detainees can be moved to a U.S. federal prison.


 

Meanwhile, abandoned by the U.S., lawyer for doctor who helped CIA in bin Laden hunt killed in Pakistan.

The lawyer had represented Dr. Shakeel Afridi, who was convicted of treason in 2012 by a Pakistani tribal court and is now serving a 23-year prison sentence.

Unidentified gunmen attacked the lawyer, Samiullah Afridi, in his car near the city of Peshawar on Tuesday, said Mian Saeed, a police superintendent in Peshawar.

Two different militant groups claimed responsibility for the killing.

116 released Gitmo terrorists returned to jihad, trend likely to continue

Obama-Jihadi-Seed

via Released Gitmo prisoners return to evil ways: report | New York Post.

WASHINGTON — More than 100 prisoners released from Guantanamo Bay went right back to being terrorists when they got out, according to a new report.

Out of 647 detainees who were released, 116 — or 18 percent — have been confirmed as “re-engaging” in terrorism, according to the report by the Director of National Intelligence.

Of those, 25 are dead and 23 are back behind bars.

Another 11 percent of those released are “suspected” of re-engaging in their jihadi ways, according to the annual summary that is required by Congress.

The trend is likely to continue, even as President Obama works to clear out the prison he has vowed to close.

The report predicts that prisoners still in custody will follow a similar path when they get out.

“Based on trends identified during the past eleven years, we assess that some detainees currently at GTMO will seek to reengage in terrorist or insurgent activities after they are transferred,” said the report.

Modal TriggerTransfers to countries with ongoing conflicts and internal instability as well as active recruitment by insurgent and terrorist organizations pose particular problems.”

Oh, and Obama quietly snuck two more out last month:

Last month, the administration dispatched prisoners to Oman and Estonia.

 

Gitmo adviser: Holder allowed Pentagon to break law, bypass Congress to swap 5 terrorists for U.S. Army deserter

Impeach or arrest them all. And rid the Pentagon of those who continue to break the oath they took.

President Barack Obama Gives a Statement Regarding The Release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl by The Taliban

via Guantanamo adviser: DOJ allowed Pentagon to bypass Congress in Taliban-Bergdahl swap

Eric Holder’s Justice Department green-lighted the decision not to notify Congress — as required by law — before the Pentagon traded five Taliban fighters for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl last year, the Obama administration’s point person on Guantanamo Bay policy testified Thursday.

Speaking to the Senate Armed Services Committee, defense official Brian McKeon was questioned on what is still a sore spot for many members of Congress: that the administration went forward with the Taliban-Bergdahl swap without giving Congress the typically required 30-day notification.

Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., asked McKeon why Congress was not informed, “as per the statutes.”

McKeon said he understands the Department of Justice and the department’s general counsel “interpreted the president’s powers because of the security risks and safety of Sergeant Bergdahl necessitated proceeding without the 30-day notice.”

The rationale squares with what administration officials claimed last year — that congressional notification could have risked jeopardizing the fast-moving negotiations to secure Bergdahl’s freedom.

But lawmakers have challenged that call ever since.

Meanwhile, McKeon made clear at Thursday’s hearing that the push to close Guantanamo Bay’s prison camp is moving forward, despite lawmakers’ lingering security concerns — most recently, over a member of the “Taliban 5″ apparently trying to make contact with the Taliban, while under supervision in Qatar.

McKeon stressed that the administration considers it a national security priority to close the camp, in part because it is used by extremists to incite violence.

He pointed to the recent execution of Jordanian and Japanese hostages by Islamic State terrorists. He said it is “no coincidence” that the videos showed the victims — one of whom was burned alive, the other of whom was beheaded — in orange jumpsuits, like those once worn by detainees at Guantanamo Bay. Such jumpsuits were also worn at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.

Republicans, though, argue that terrorists would find reasons to attack the West regardless, and certainly did so before Guantanamo was in operation.


That argument can be made and supported by historical facts. Muslims have been attempting to conquer the world for 1,400 years.

McKeon failed to mention that it’s no coincidence that what he refers to as extremist violence is carried out by Muslims in the name of Allah.

Bergdahl is one of them.

berg-tweet

 

 

 

Days after al Qaeda in Yemen claims Paris massacre, Obama releases Yemeni jihadis from Gitmo

B7aGtOPCIAAKhFh

via Blog: Obama releases five ‘violent extremists’ from Gitmo.

The army of Allah received some reinforcements last night, as President Obama’s plan to close the Guantánamo Bay terrorist detention center moved forward. Five Yemeni “detainees” captured in Pakistan were released, leaving 122 left in the Cuba camp.  Four will go to Oman, and one will shiver in Estonia until the spring comes.  Both nations are welcoming their first Gitmo alumni.  Felicia Schwartz of the WSJ reports:

The Pentagon said detainee Akhmed Abdul Qadir was transferred to Estonia, while four others were transferred to Oman. They included Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam.

Experience teaches that 30% of those released from Gitmo will return to the battlefield, so 1-2 warriors will return to battle the infidel, perhaps killing Americans.  But this does not seem to matter to President Obama or most members of his political party.

As Gateway Pundit notes:

One week after the Paris terrorist attacks Barack Obama has decided to release five more Yemeni Guantanamo terrorists.

Al Qaeda in Yemen took credit for the Paris attacks in a video released Wednesday.

And the steady stream of releases as Judicial Watch reports: Freed Gitmo Captive Opens ISIS Base in Afghanistan

…news reports confirm that a Gitmo alum who once led a Taliban unit has established the first Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) base in Afghanistan.

His name is Mullah Abdul Rauf and international and domestic media reports say he’s operating in Helmand province, actively recruiting fighters for ISIS. Citing local sources, a British newspaper writes that Rauf set up a base and is offering good wages to anyone willing to fight for the Islamic State. Rauf was a corps commander during the Taliban’s 1996-2001 rule of Afghanistan, according to intelligence reports. After getting captured by U.S. forces, he was sent to Gitmo in southeast Cuba but was released in 2007.

Obama releases 5 more Gitmo jihadis, sends to Kazakhstan

Happy New Year Kazakhstan – you just got five hard core jihadis from Obama because they are too dangerous to send to their own countries. via US releases 5 more Guantanamo Bay prisoners, sends them to Kazakhstan.

Five men who were held for a dozen years at the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have been sent to the Central Asian nation of Kazakhstan for resettlement, the U.S. government announced Tuesday.

The two men from Tunisia and three from Yemen had been cleared for release from the prison by a government task force but could not be sent to their homelands. The U.S. has sent hundreds of prisoners from Guantanamo to third countries but this is the first time Kazakhstan has accepted any for resettlement.

Their release brings the prison population at Guantanamo to 127, according to a Pentagon statement.

The U.S. identified the Tunisians as 49-year-old Adel Al-Hakeemy, and Abdallah Bin Ali al Lufti, who military records show is about 48.

The Yemenis are Asim Thabit Abdullah Al-Khalaqi, who is about 46; Muhammad Ali Husayn Khanayna, who is about 36; and Sabri Mohammad al Qurashi, about 44.

All five had been captured in Pakistan and turned over to the U.S. for detention as suspected Islamic militants with ties to Al Qaeda. None of the men were ever charged and a government task force determined it was no longer necessary to hold them.

The U.S. does not say why they could not be sent home but the government has been unwilling to send Yemenis to their country because of unrest and militant activity there while in the past some Tunisians have feared persecution.

Nearly 30 prisoners have been resettled in third countries this year as part of President Barack Obama’s renewed push to close the detention center over opposition from Congress.


 

Just last week, Obama returned four “low-level” Gitmo jihadis to Afghanistan. That bunch included a Nuclear Terrorist.

A few weeks before that was Obama’s Christmas Gift to ISIS and Al Qaeda.

And Obama’s grand plans include Bringing Captured Terrorists to the U.S.!

Eric Holder planned clandestine resettlement of Gitmo detainees in Virginia before he was caught and stopped.

 

 

 

Obama returns four “low-level” Gitmo jihadis to…Afghanistan

Obama-Jihadi-Seed

via Pentagon returns four Guantanamo detainees to Afghanistan | Fox News.

The Pentagon said Saturday it has released four Afghan detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detention center to their home country, President Obama’s most recent effort to reduce the detainee population toward his goal of closing the facility.

They will be given to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, reducing the number of Guantanamo detainees to 132, including eight Afghans.

The four were released after the interagency Guantanamo Review Task Force conducted a comprehensive review, including whether they were a security risk, as directed by the president’s Jan. 22, 2009, executive order.

U.S. officials said the release of the detainees is an indication of improved U.S.-Afghan relations and a sign of their confidence in new Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.

There is no requirement that the Afghan government further detain the men, identified as Mohammed Zahir, Shawali Khan, Abdul Ghani and Khi Ali Gul.

The facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, was opened in the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attacks.

Administration officials, speaking on a condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, say more transfers are expected in the coming weeks.

Those remaining include 64 approved for transfer.

Though the four Afghans have long been approved for transfer, the move sparked debate in Washington.

Outgoing-Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel did not immediately sign off after Gen. John F. Campbell, the top American commander in Afghanistan, raised concerns they could pose a danger to troops in the country.

However, administration officials say Campbell and all military leaders on the ground have now screened the move.

“The United States is grateful to the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for its willingness to support ongoing U.S. efforts to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility,” the Pentagon said. “The United States coordinated with the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to ensure these transfers took place consistent with appropriate security and humane treatment measures.”

One administration official involved in the review said most, if not all, the terrorism accusations against the men had been discarded and each is considered a low-level operative at best.


This as the Taliban grows in strength and openly publicizes training camp in northern Afghanistan.

And regarding the Gitmo jihadis Obama released to Uruguay, president Mujica says Guantanamo inmates in Uruguay can leave whenever they wish.

 More details via the rhetorically titled: Will freed Guantanamo detainees resurface on battlefield?

gitmogrid4

The four that went to Afghanistan, with no requirement that they be detained, are:

Mohammed Zahir 

According to documents, Zahir was a high-level Taliban intelligence official arrested on suspicion of having, among other contraband, uranium. A 2008 Pentagon document, posted on WikiLeaks, said evidence indicated the uranium was intended for a nuclear device. He also was determined to be a weapons smuggler; he had been at Guantanamo since 2003.

Abdul Ghani 

Ghani was accused of being part of a dangerous Taliban militia unit that plotted kidnappings and attacks against U.S. and Afghan forces. According to a 2008 military document, he admitted taking part in one rocket attack against U.S. forces. He was accused of helping plant landmines and other explosives for attacks against U.S. and coalition forces, and providing rockets to others for attacks on U.S. forces.

Khi Ali Gul 

Gul originally fought against the Russians in the 1980s and later went on to be an intelligence chief for the Taliban regime. He allegedly helped plan a 2002 rocket attack against a coalition base in Afghanistan and was accused of involvement in other plots.

Shawali Khan 

Khan was accused of being involved with a group aligned with Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Informants claimed the cell he was involved with was behind planned attacks on U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

The dossiers for the detainees released to Uruguay are along similar lines. One, Ali Husein Shaaban, allegedly participated in “hostilities” against U.S./coalition forces in Usama bin Laden’s Tora Bora complex. Documents also say he got suicide operations training from a bin Laden associate.

Other detainees released to the South American country have similar rap sheets.

The backgrounds of the five Taliban commanders released in exchange for Bergdahl were detailed earlier this year. Among them is Abdul Haq Wasiq, who served as the Taliban’s deputy minister of intelligence. He reportedly used his office to support Al Qaeda “and to assist Taliban personnel elude capture.”

Another, Mullah Mohammad Fazi, was a former deputy defense minister for the Taliban. He is also wanted by the United Nations on war crimes for the murder of thousands of Shiite Muslims in Afghanistan.

Convicted 9/11 “20th hijacker” requests transfer…to Gitmo

Pretty soon Cuba will be taking Gitmo jihadi’s off Obama’s hands. via Unusual News – Convicted Terrorist Requests Transfer To Guantánamo – AllGov – News.

The man known as the “20th hijacker” of the 9/11 terrorist attacks wants to join other conspirators and detainees at Guantánamo Bay. The reason, he claims, is to escape the threats and assaults he is subjected to by inmates and guards at the “Supermax” prison in Colorado, where he is serving a life sentence.

Zacarias Moussaoui was convicted in 2005 of being part of the plot that destroyed the World Trade Center and damaged the Pentagon. He pled guilty to charges that he trained and prepared to hijack a commercial airliner and fly it into the White House.

Moussaoui has spent the past nine years at the federal super-maximum prison in Florence, Colorado. There, he claims he has been subjected to assaults and harassment by guards and even other inmates, including Ramzi Yousef, who organized the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

He also claims those inside the prison want to murder him and that he has tried committing suicide, but failed. “So no suicide, Victory by Allah,” Moussaoui wrote.

Earlier this year, Amnesty International accused the federal government of “callous and dehumanizing” practices at the Supermax prison, in which prisoners are subjected to round-the-clock isolation for years at a time.

In addition to his request for a transfer to Guantánamo, Moussaoui wrote in letters (pdf) filed with a federal court in South Florida that he has “inside knowledge about al-Qaida and the Sept. 11 plot,” and wants to testify in lawsuits filed by terrorism victims, according to the Associated Press.

In addition to referring to himself as the “so-call 20th hijacker” [sic], Moussaoui says he is a “Slave to Allah.”


Why would Moussaoi want to go to Gitmo even though so-called progressives tell us how horrible it is there? Well, it’s under sharia law for one, and two, it’s run by the same folks who ran Camp Bucca, birthplace of ISIS, where:

“The prisons became virtual terrorist universities: The hardened radicals were the professors, the other detainees were the students, and the prison authorities played the role of absent custodian.”

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 42,468 other followers

%d bloggers like this: