Illinois: Muslim gets just 3 years jail, took teen siblings to join ISIS

Source: Bolingbrook man given almost 3 1/2 years for bid to join Islamic State – Chicago Tribune

Mohammed Hamzah Khan had just been sentenced to a little more than three years in prison Friday for trying to fly overseas to join the Islamic State terrorism group when the judge told him to pay close attention to the way he’d just been treated under U.S. law.

Though Khan had faced up to 15 years behind bars, he’d instead been given a remarkable second chance, U.S. District Judge John Tharp said. He was afforded his right to counsel, his family and friends were allowed to support him in court and federal authorities had agreed to provide resources for years to come to get his life back on track.

It was the opposite of what he would have faced under Islamic State’s brand of justice, Tharp said.

“Instead of a public beheading, you’ve been given a public trial proceeding,” Tharp said at the conclusion of a two-hour hearing. “The enemy government has not tried to kill you. It has tried to help you.”

Khan, 21, dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit and black skull cap and sporting a thick, dark beard, showed no reaction as the judge handed down the sentence of 40 months in prison. Khan has already been in custody for two years, and with good behavior he’d be eligible for release in August when he plans to enroll in college.

By all accounts, it was an extremely lenient sentence for a conviction of attempting to provide material support to a terrorist organization. But it came with a creative twist: In addition to the prison time, the judge ordered Khan to remain under court supervision for at least 20 years after his release, one of the longest periods of government monitoring ever ordered in Chicago’s federal court.

Under the deal, which was crafted after months of negotiation between prosecutors and Khan’s attorneys, Khan must seek “psychological and violent extremism counseling,” perform at least 120 hours of community service each year he’s under supervision and allow court personnel to search his cellphone, email and computer without a warrant.

After court, Khan’s father thanked the judge, the FBI and prosecutors “for what they have decided for our son.”

“We are very excited for his future,” Shafi Khan said in the lobby of the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse.

The sentencing brought an end to a case that garnered national headlines in October 2014, when Khan, then 19, was arrested at O’Hare International Airport as he tried to board a jet to Vienna with a connection to Istanbul. Traveling with Khan were his sister, then 17, and 16-year-old brother, who were both questioned at the airport by the FBI but were not charged. Continue reading

Another fake anti-Muslim hate-crime exposed

Last week a Muslim in Louisiana admitted she lied about being attacked – and now faces charges of filing a false report. The tweet pictured below is one of several examples exposed in There Is No Violent Hate-Crimewave in ‘Trump’s America’ – Hit & Run : Reason.com.

All the incidents share a similarly odd coincidence – police in those areas never heard of the supposed attacks or the suspects who were supposedly apprehended. Why? Because they never happened.


More fake hate crimes exposed here.

US Muslim leader at Chicago conference: “Islam is here to dominate”

hizb

Source:  “An American Hizb Ut-Tahrir Leader Exhorts Muslims to Refrain from Voting in U.S. Elections, Says: Islam Is Here to Dominate,” MEMRI, 2016: h/t Jihad Watch

Haitham Ibn Thbait, of the American chapter of Hizb Ut-Tahrir, recently exhorted American Muslims to avoid falling into the “electoral trap” and called upon them not to vote in the U.S. elections, saying that getting Muslims to vote was part of an effort to assimilate them and that they had been “tricked” into voting for Clinton, Bush, and Obama in the past. Speaking at the Khilafah 2016 conference, held in Chicago on May 15, Ibn Thbait further called Obama a “terrorist” and said that “Islam is here to dominate.” The address was posted on YouTube by Hizb Ut-Tahrir on May 20.

Following are excerpts

Haitham Ibn Thbait: The Prophet said: “There is no god but Allah.” Instead the [elites of Mecca] rejected. They offered the Prophet wealth, status, and political representation – a seat on the executive branch within Mecca’s secular order – all to avoid this statement and its implications. Yet he rejected their offers and continued his journey towards radical change, providing us with step-by-step instructions on how to make this religion supreme.

The elites of Mecca would use every possible measure to coerce or contain Muhammad’s call for change within specific parameters. Those parameters would permit the changing of anything that did not threaten their system and infringe on their power. But this message is not here to integrate. It is here to dominate. Islam is here to dominate! This was an ideological struggle, the sole purpose of which was to organize Man’s affairs in accordance with a system revealed by Allah.

Crowd member: Say: “Allah Akbar!”

Crowd: Allah Akbar!

Crowd member: Say: “Allah Akbar!”

Crowd: Allah Akbar!

Crowd member: Say: “Allah Akbar!”

Crowd: Allah Akbar!

Crowd member: Say: There is no god but Allah!

Crowd: There is no god but Allah!

Crowd member: Say: There is no god but Allah!

Crowd: There is no god but Allah!

Crowd member: Say: There is no god but Allah!

Crowd: There is no god but Allah!

[…]

Haitham Ibn Thbait: There was no room for compromise. Instead Allah revealed to the Prophet, saying: “Proclaim openly, as commanded, and turn away from those who associate others with Allah.” “Proclaim openly, as commanded by Allah” – this is our activism. It is free of polytheism, the polytheism of a secular system. Activism within a flawed kufr system is forbidden.

[paragraph below transcribed by CS]

Tell them to choose this kuffar over that kuffar. Or this kaffir over another kaffir. Is this what we have succumbed to? Choosing Sanders over Trump? What about Islam? Is that not a choice? … As Muslims you need to stand as carriers of an alternative way of life. An alternative political system [Islam / sharia]. For Muslims in the West this is not about the lesser of evils…this isn’t about Sanders versus Trump. This is about Islam versus Capitalism.

[…]

You cannot raise your hands to Allah, while extending your hands to men for legislation. Every four years, you do just that. Muslims are pressured to get out there and vote, believing somehow that their insignificant numbers have an impact. The effort to get Muslims out there to vote has never been about their significance. It is part of an effort to assimilate Muslims.


This took place at the Armada Hotel & Conference Center, 780 North Ave, Glendale Heights, IL 60139, earlier this year. Full video on Youtube.

Muslim hacker gets 20 years for sending ‘kill list’ of US military members to ISIS

Well-vetted. Source: Ardit Ferizi, hacker who aided Islamic State, sentenced for helping terror group with ‘kill list’ – Washington Times

A 20-year-old computer science student from Kosovo described by the Justice Department as “the first terrorist hacker convicted in the United States” was sentenced Friday to two decades in prison for providing the Islamic State with a “kill list” containing the personal information of roughly 1,300 U.S. military members and government employees.

Federal prosecutors had asked U.S. District Judge Leonie M. Brinkema to sentence Ardit Ferizi to 25 years in prison after the hacker pleaded guilty in June to two charges brought as a result of his role with the terror group.

Mr. Ferizi acknowledged hacking an Illinois-based company in June 2015 and illegally obtaining the personally identifiable information of tens of thousands of its customers. He then parsed those records for individuals with military and government email accounts before providing their details to a Junaid Hussain, an Islamic State recruiter who administered the group’s cyber operations and had previously published a similar “kill list” containing the names and addresses of 100 U.S. military personnel, according to court documents.

Mr. Hussain was ultimately killed by a U.S. drone strike in August 2015. Two weeks prior to his death, however, he  took Ferizi’s hacked data and released it online in the form of a new list containing the information of approximately 1,300 U.S. government and military targets.

“[W]e are extracting confidential data and passing on your personal information to the soldiers of the khilafah, who soon with the permission of Allah will strike at your necks in your own lands!” reads an excerpt from a statement that accompanied the second kill list when it was tweeted by Hussain in mid August.

Federal investigators soon after identified Mr. Ferizi as the perpetrator of the Illinois hack and arranged to have him arrested in Sept. 2015 in Malaysia where he had been attending college. He was formally charged the following months and was subsequently extradited to the U.S. where he pleaded guilty earlier this year to providing material support to the Islamic State and accessing a protected computer without authorization and obtaining information in order to provide material support to the terror group.

In court Friday, Judge Brinkema said that “just having your name on a list, knowing that you’ve been identified by a terrorist group,” is a “terrorizing” experience, the Washington Post reported.

In a pre-sentencing memorandum, however, prosecutors said the hacker was well aware of the results his actions would have on the individuals whose names and sensitive information was widely shared among sympathizers of the Islamic State, also known as ISIL, and agreed when Hussain told him that the data would help “hit them hard.”

“The threat to these 1,300 victims goes beyond the release of their private information,” U.S. Attorney Dana Boente wrote in a court filing earlier this month.

“They have now been marked as enemies of ISIL. Any ISIL member or sympathizer in the United States looking for a target now has the information belonging to 1,300 individuals who ISIL has specifically marked for attack. The victims have a permanent target on their backs. While the defendant may not have pulled a trigger, he told members of ISIL where to shoot.”

Mr. Ferizi will be deported to Kosovo upon completing his sentence and will be barred from reentering the United States.


More: Hacker Gets 20 Years for Sending US Hit List to ISIS

Prosecutors noted the psychological impact his actions had on those on the list. “This was a hit list,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Brandon Van Grack said. “The point was to find these individuals and hit them, to ‘strike at their necks’.”

 

Illinois: Muslim National Guard soldier, cousin get prison in jihad plot on Joliet armory

Jonas Edmonds (left) got 21 years, Hasan Edmonds (right) got 30 years

He was active at the time of his plot and arrest.

Source: Aurora men who plotted National Guard base attack sentenced to prison – Story | WFLD

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIREHasan Edmonds, the second of two cousins who were sentenced Tuesday for plotting to attack a National Guard base in Joliet, was handed a 30-year prison term.

Hasan Edmonds’ cousin, Jonas Edmonds, had faced up to 23 years, but he pleaded guilty in December to charges of supporting terrorism and lying to the FBI. That plea agreement called for a 21-year sentence. U.S. District Judge John Z. Lee accepted that deal, telling Edmonds he displayed “utter hatred and disdain for this country, her citizens and those who live here.”

Despite his guilty plea, Jonas Edmonds admitted little when he spoke to the judge Tuesday. He claimed he was set up by the FBI and denied that he would have attacked the base. He admitted simply that he dropped his cousin off at Midway Airport so his cousin could go join Islamic State terrorists overseas.

“The person they’re trying to make me into, I’m not that person,” Jonas Edmonds told Lee.

But in a plea agreement he signed on Dec. 9, 2015, Jonas Edmonds admitted that he intended to wear his cousin’s National Guard uniform during a planned attack on the base.

Prosecutors say the cousins were caught on tape as they hatched their plot with an undercover FBI employee posing as an Islamic State recruiter. Jonas Edmonds claims the undercover fed encouraged the plot. Had it not been for that, Jonas Edmonds said he “would still be a normal person living a regular life” and “smoking weed.”

Hasan Edmonds was a guardsman assigned to the Joliet armory with fellow members of the 634th Brigade Support Battalion; authorities say that gave him inside knowledge he shared with his cousin in planning an attack on the base. Both cousins are from Aurora.

Hasan Edmonds was arrested at Midway Airport in 2015 as he prepared to board a flight to Cairo en route to Syria, where he planned to join the Islamic State in Iraq and Levant, or ISIL. He left behind uniforms for his cousin to use to sneak onto the base.

Continue reading

Illinois teen contacted Islamic terror group, plotted jihad attack

090116KeaunCook

Just another mental disorder. Source: Illinois teen accused of plotting terrorist attack

Authorities arrested an 18-year-old southern Illinois man who they allege had communicated with an unspecified terrorist group about a plan to an attack on at least one area location.

Keaun L. Cook, of Godfrey, was arrested Wednesday on preliminary charges of providing material support for terrorism and making a terrorist threat. He was being held at the Madison County jail on $150,000 bond and didn’t have a lawyer as of Friday morning.

At a news conference Thursday, Madison County’s state’s attorney, Tom Gibbons, described Cook as a dangerous man who had deliberate plan to cause a “mass casualty event” at one or more locations in the county. He declined to specify which terrorist group Cook had allegedly been in contact with, but said they weren’t local. He also wouldn’t give the locations of any planned attacks, but said police departments and individuals at those locations were notified after authorities first learned of the threat.

County Sheriff John Lakin said authorities learned of the threat Aug. 24 when deputies did a welfare check at the home of Cook’s grandmother, who has looked after him since his mother died unexpectedly of an illness in 2011. Gibbons said someone then reported the verbal threats.

Although investigators found no dangerous materials or firearms in the home, Lakin said he thinks there was a “strong possibility he could have carried it out alone.”

“I’m very proud to stand here today and say that we stopped an event that could have caused a very, very, very serious situation,” Lakin said. Continue reading

Chicago: Imam gets probation for molesting underage girl, female employee

This filthy old imam pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting an underage girl, an adult woman, has been accused by potentially 4-6 other females; he fled the country when the charges became public and he avoids jail time?

Mohammed Abdullah Saleem

Source: Elgin Muslim leader admits sex abuse of minor and woman, gets probation – Elgin Courier-News

A suburban Islamic leader accused of molesting an underage girl and a female employee pleaded guilty Thursday afternoon and was sentenced to 24 months probation.

Mohammed Abdullah Saleem, 77, who founded the Institute for Islamic Education in Elgin, must also register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. In addition, he is forbidden to be in the presence of females of any age, except relatives, without another adult female present. He also cannot be within 500 feet of any school — including the one he founded 27 years ago, except to worship at its affiliated mosque.

“Mr. Saleem thought it would be in the best interest of the Islamic community to accept the plea agreement and avoid a trial,” his lawyer, Donna Rotunno, said following the hearing.

Saleem was accused of repeatedly fondling a young woman who worked for him at the school, as well as a student who was a minor at the time, in some cases while forcing them sit on his lap. Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney Jaclyn Lantz said the student was 14 when Saleem began to abuse her in 2001. The following year, the girl reported the abuse to a school official, “but nothing happened,” Lantz said.

No one at the school could be reached for comment Thursday. Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: