Texas: Muslim Gets 40 Years in Prison in $116 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme

via FBI — Assistant Administrator of Riverside General Hospital Sentenced to 40 Years in Prison in $116 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme.

The former assistant administrator of Riverside General Hospital was sentenced today to 40 years in prison for his role in a $116 million Medicare fraud scheme. To date, 10 individuals have pleaded guilty or been convicted for their involvement in the scheme.

Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney Kenneth Magidson of the Southern District of Texas made the announcement.

Mohammad Khan, 65, of Houston, the assistant administrator who oversaw many of the partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) at Riverside General Hospital, pleaded guilty in February 2012 to conspiracy to commit health care fraud, conspiracy to pay and receive kickbacks and paying illegal kickbacks. He was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Sim Lake of the Southern District of Texas. He was also ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $31,321,200.

According to admissions made in connection with his guilty plea, from January 2008 through February 2012, Khan and others at Riverside General Hospital operated a scheme to defraud Medicare by submitting claims for PHP services that were not medically necessary and, in some cases, never provided. Prior to Khan’s arrest, Riverside submitted over $116 million in claims to Medicare for PHP services purportedly provided to the recruited beneficiaries, when in fact, the PHP services were medically unnecessary or never provided. Khan also admitted that he and his co-conspirators paid kickbacks to patient recruiters and to owners and operators of group care homes in exchange for which those individuals delivered ineligible Medicare beneficiaries to the hospital’s PHPs.

Others involved in the fraudulent scheme already have pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing.

 

Anaheim: Two (more) Muslims Arrested Trying to Join Islamic Terror Group, Wanted to Die Martyrs

You remember Anaheim, the Muslim enclave recently minted: “Little Arabia.”

via 2 Anaheim Men Charged With Supporting ISIS Wanted to Die As Martyrs: DOJ | KTLA.

Two men arrested in Southern California and charged with conspiring to provide material support to the terrorist group Islamic State had expressed a desire to die as martyrs, authorities said Friday.

Muhanad Badawi, 24, and Nader Elhuzayel, 24, both of Anaheim, were arrested by FBI special agents Thursday evening, the U.S. Department of Justice stated in a news release.

Badawi and Elhuzayel used social media to discuss ISIL and terrorist attacks, expressed a desire to die as martyrs and made arrangements for Elhuzayel to leave the U.S. to join ISIL, the release stated, citing a criminal complaint against the two men.

The men also discussed “how it would be a blessing to fight for the cause of Allah, and to die in the battlefield” in a recorded conversation last month, according to the complaint.

On May 7, Badawi let Elhuzayel use his credit card to purchase a one-way airline ticket from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv, Israel, via Istanbul, Turkey, the Department of Justice stated.

Badawi had indicated he would travel to the Middle East in the future, according to the complaint.

Elhuzayel was arrested at LAX and allegedly admitted that he planned to disembark in Istanbul to join ISIL and did not intend to travel on to Israel.

Elhuzayel’s father, Salem Elhuzayel, said his son was planning to visit relatives in Palestine when he was taken into custody at the airport. Salem Elhuzayel said it was not possible that his son was involved in any plans to join the Islamic State.

“No way that he kept that from us. Nader is just an innocent human being who was traveling to go home to see his family and enjoy a stay of one, two months and then come back,” Salem Elhuzayel said.

The family’s apartment at the Crystal Inn in Anaheim was raided by authorities, Salem Elhuzayel said.

Nader Elhuzayel’s mother believes their family is being harassed because of where they are from.

“It is big harassment and racism too because we happen to be from the Middle East. We are Muslim people. … My kids were born in this country,” Elhuzayel’s mother said. “It’s like a nightmare being in this situation.”

Badawi and Elhuzayel made their first court appearance Friday afternoon at U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, but did not enter pleas.

Badawi’s attorney, Kate Corrigan, said he understands the severity of the charges against him. She said he was a college student who had lived in the U.S. for many years.

“He’s a young man,” Corrigan said. “He’ somebody that is very concerned about his family at this point, and he’s obviously scared.”

Both men face a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison if convicted as charged.

A preliminary hearing for the two men was set for June 5.


Videos at the link above and more via: Pair (of Muslims) accused of trying to join ISIS

The FBI said Elhuzayel admitted after his arrest that he was headed overseas to join ISIS terrorists, according to the complaint.

Meanwhile, FBI agents in Anaheim arrested his friend and alleged fellow terrorist supporter Badawi. Details of Badawi’s arrest were not released.

Elhuzayel’s parents, Palestinian immigrants Salem and Falak Elhuzayel, said their son is not a terrorist or sympathetic to terrorist ideals.

The two men “used social media to discuss (ISIS) and terrorist attacks, expressed a desire to die as martyrs and made arrangements for Nader Elhuzayel to leave the United States to join (ISIS),” according to the complaint.

Beginning in 2014, Badawi allegedly began posting pro-ISIS messages on Twitter under several usernames. One alleged message was “Inshallah (God willing) soon the Islamic State will take over Baghdad …”

Nader Elhuzayel, who authorities said also used several names on Twitter, allegedly spread similar messages. He also said to Badawi that he “wanted to die in the battlefield; he wanted to die a (martyr),” according to the complaint.

“It’s nonsensical talk,” Salem Elhuzayel said regarding his son’s alleged tweets. “This is not our son. Somebody must be speaking on his behalf.”

But Nader Elhuzayel allegedly repeatedly discussed with Badawi his desire to leave the country and join ISIS. And both men allegedly denounced local Muslim leaders because they did not support the Islamic State.

On May 3, Nader Elhuzayel allegedly told Badawi in a recorded conversation, “May we be united in the Islamic State.” Badawi, according to the complaint, admitted to using his phone to buy Nader Elhuzayel’s plane ticket while the men sat in his car May 7.

About six months ago, Nader Elhuzayel began worshipping at the nearby West Coast Islamic Society in Anaheim. Officials at the mosque would not comment on the arrests, though one member said Badawi and Nader Elhuzayel, who both attended the mosque, did not associate with others.

“The individuals prayed and left,” Sammy Ahmed said following Friday prayers at the mosque. “They didn’t hang out.”

While apparently posting the ISIS-supporting messages, Nader Elhuzayel also began using iPhone apps to learn Arabic and use that skill to read the Quran in its original language.

Nader Elhuzayel and a mysterious woman, who also supports ISIS through social media, talked daily and planned to get married and have children, according to the complaint.

An Orange County defense attorney appointed by the federal court to represent Badawi at Friday’s proceeding in the U.S. Federal Courthouse in Santa Ana said Badawi immigrated to the United States from Sudan when he was about 16 and has no previous criminal record.

A report issued earlier this week by the Anti-Defamation League cited 36 domestic arrests of individuals suspected of supporting terrorists so far in 2015. That figure does not include two men shot and killed earlier this month after opening fire at an event in Texas showcasing controversial cartoons about the Prophet Muhammad.

The number of terror arrests in the United States this year is approaching the combined total of each of the past two years, 26 in 2014 and 22 in 2013, according to the May 20 ADL report.


 First and second gen Muslim immigrants from Palestine and Sudan.

Video: Islamic Center of Lawrence, Kansas – raising money for Islamic jihad

Circa 1988. h/t @CausingFitna

“we have some Muslim Americans who have shared have volunteered themselves and have come over there and now they are sharing in jihad and they were trained on how to use weapons and they are sharing with their brothers mujahideen…it is part of our religion to perform jihad…we are seeking it, we are seeking martyrdom…”


Nothing has changed. Muslims living in the U.S. were funding jihad and were leaving the U.S. to wage jihad in the 1980’s (likely earlier) just as they do now. 

Michigan: Mega-mosques v. mini-churches

Sent in by a reader. It’s happening all across the U.S.


St. Toma Syriac Catholic Church – Farmington Hills, Michigan (23,000 sf)

project01a

 

Hidaya Mosque/Community Center – Ypsilanti, Michigan (85,000 sf)

project02

 

Brown Chapel – Ypsilanti, Michigan (15,000 sf)

project03

 

Chaldean Nun’s Convent – Farmington Hills, Michigan (20,000 sf)

project05a

 

Proposed Church – Southfield, Michigan (10,000 sf)

project04

 

Interfaith Community Center – Dearborn, Michigan (70,000 sf) [mosque]

project07

 

Proposed Church – Genoa Township, Michigan

project06

 


More pics via Assembly Architecture — GAV & Associates, Inc.

Notice not only the size of the mosques being built, but the churches with few exceptions are barely recognizable as churches while the mosques are quite obvious. The Ypsilanti mosque alone is larger than all the churches combined. Who is funding it?

Through a combination of immigration, zoning jihad or using a flawed religious land act to force mosques in residential areas and shopping malls, Muslims are colonizing and creating enclaves all across the U.S.

Build it, and they (kufr) will leave.

Texas: Senate Passes ‘Anti Sharia Law’

Considering Texas already has one, possibly two, Islamic sharia courts, and is a leading destination for Muslim refugees and immigrants (legal and illegal), they need to do more than pass a bill that no one will enforce. via ‘Anti Sharia Law’ Measure Passed Texas Senate | News Radio 1200 WOAI.

The Texas Senate last night passed and sent to Gov. Greg Abbott a measure that would prevent any ‘international law’ from being used in Texas civil courts, a bill many detractors say is Islamaphobic, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.

State Sen. Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels) doesn’t mention Islamic Koranic law, or ‘Sharia Law’ in her bill. She simply says it guarantees that no laws fro ‘foreign courts’ will be adopted by Texas civil court judges.

“It’s just to provide some belt and suspenders to make sure that, with judicial discretion, we don’t trump Texas law, American law, with a foreign law regarding family law,” Campbell said.

Muslim groups say the bill is a ‘solution looking for problem, and claim that the bill has its genesis in an anti Muslim demonstration on the steps of the Texas Capitol in January in which the proposal was cheered.

State Sen. Kirk Watson (D-Austin) grilled Campbell on examples she has seen of foreign law being used in Texas courts.

“What foreign law are you attempting to prevent being used, and can you give examples of where it has created a problem in the state?” Watson asked.

“No foreign law,” Campbell replied. “This just provides a context for judicial discretion.”

There have been instances of judges whose jurisdiction includes tightly knit religious communities, like the Amish in Ohio and Pennsylvania, the FLDS in Arizona and Utah, and the Hasidic Jews in New York City, agreeing, with the consent of all parties, to allow religious precepts to be used in court decisions on issues like divorce and child support.

In New York City, Jewish communities are occasionally allowed to establish their own Rabbinical courts to decide family law matters.

 

Muslim Cab Driver Who Made Bombs That Killed U.S. Sgt. Randy Johnson, Gets 38 Years

via Anis Sardar, Bomb Maker Who Killed Sgt. Randy Johnson, Given 38 Years – NBC News.com.

LONDON — A British taxi driver was sentenced to a minimum of 38 years in prison Friday for his role in a bomb-making campaign that killed a U.S. soldier in Iraq.

Anis Abid Sardar, 38, was convicted of murder after his fingerprints were found on two bombs, linking him to another device that killed Sgt. Randy Johnson in September 2007.

He was sentenced to life in prison with a minimum sentence of 38 years, according to NBC News’ British partner ITV News. He was convicted of two counts of murder and conspiracy to murder a day earlier.

The judge, Mr Justice Globe, rejected Sardar’s claim that he had only been involved in making bombs to try to protect the Sunni Muslim community from Shiite militants.

“Your focus was either wholly or partly American,” the judge said, according to ITV News. “You had a mindset that made Americans every bit the enemy as Shia militias.”

Johnson, 34, of 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, was killed when the armored vehicle he was traveling in was hit by an IED in Baghdad on September 27, 2007.

The landmark prosecution was the first time anyone has been convicted in a British court for murder during the Iraq War, ITV News reported.

Following the guilty verdict, Johnson’s widow, Claudia Williams, told NBC News: “I’m really relieved but for us it doesn’t change anything. We still lost Randy.”

Luke Stinson, one of the soldiers who tried to save Johnson’s life, admitted he hoping for a tough punishment.

“I hope they nail his ass to the wall and burn the wall down,” he told NBC News before the sentencing. “I wish they had the death penalty over there, because this guy deserves it.”

Two other U.S. soldiers, Jesus Bustamante and Joseph Bacani, were shot while trying to retrieve another bomb linked to Sardar on March 20, 2007.

Bacani, who was awarded a Purple Heart and had to learn how to walk again after being shot in the pelvis, told ITV News he was “relieved” at the thought of Sardar being brought to justice.

“I think it brings a sense of justice but it’s not an equivalent thing,” he said. “It doesn’t bring back a life but it does help us recuperate.”

 

Canada: Police nab 10 Muslim youths trying to join Muslim terror group ISIS

And rather than expose the jihadis, the mosques and the families that foster the advance of Islam:

Police asked the media to respect the privacy of the family members.

via Canada police nab 10 youths for trying to join ISIS. h/t TROP

TORONTO — Canadian police arrested 10 youths at Montreal’s Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport last weekend who are suspected of wanting to go to Iraq and Syria to join the Islamic State group, a government official said Tuesday.

The official confirmed the arrests late Tuesday, but did not have any other details. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about the case.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police later issued a statement confirming that 10 young Montreal residents had been arrested at the airport.

The official said the youths were suspected of trying to join the Islamic State group, which holds wide swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria. The RCMP statement did not specifically mention IS, but said the 10 youths were “suspected of wanting to leave the country to join jihadist groups.”

The RCMP said no charges have been brought at this time, but said the investigation is ongoing. All 10 young persons had their passports confiscated.

The RCMP said it was unable to disclose the identity of the persons detained or any information about what led to their arrest because charges have not been brought.

“We can say, however, that the families and friends of the young persons have been met by investigators,” the RCMP statement said.

Police asked the media to respect the privacy of the family members.

The arrests come about a month after a similar case in Quebec in which a young man and woman were arrested in what the government called a “preventive measure.”

El Mahdi Jamali and Sabrine Djermane, both 18, later pleaded not guilty to four charges, including attempting to leave Canada to commit a terrorist act abroad. A bail hearing for the pair is scheduled for early June.

Also in April, a judge in Edmonton ordered a psychiatric exam for an Alberta teenager who was arrested in March on allegations he was planning to leave Canada to fight with Islamic State militants.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 43,682 other followers

%d bloggers like this: