Minnesota: Another Muslim Pleads Guilty in Jihad-Recruiting Case

Source: Another Defendant in Terror-Recruiting Case Pleads Guilty | KSTP TV – Minneapolis and St. Paul

A Minnesota man arrested in 2015 on charges he and several others were trying to assist the Islamic State terror group pleaded guilty Monday in federal court.

Hamza Ahmed pleaded guilty to conspiracy and student financial fraud. He could get up to 20 years in prison.

He told the judge today that he originally pleaded ‘not guilty’ to appease his mother.  He said she wanted to see his case go to trial and “she was a big influence in that.”

Judge Michael Davis ordered a pre-sentence investigation report, and will schedule a sentencing hearing after it is complete.

Ahmed was stopped at a New York City airport in November as he and three others were attempting to travel to Syria. Ahmed has been indicted on charges of lying to the FBI during a terrorism investigation, conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State terror group, and attempting to provide material support, according to federal charges.

There are three other suspects still awaiting trial in this case, six others have changed their pleas.

Most recently, co-defendent Adnan Abdihamid Farah also pleaded guilty April 14.

Muslim in Minnesota Plotted with ISIS to Route Jihadis Through Mexico to US

ali-omar-jihadi

Guled Ali Omar

Source: U.S. Muslim Plotted with Islamic State to Smuggle Fighters Through Mexico, Say Feds

Court documents reveal that a Minnesota Muslim who was allegedly plotting with others to join the Islamic State discussed routing potential terrorists through Mexico to carry out attacks on U.S. soil.

Gules Ali Omar reportedly told members of ISIS that a route through Mexico into the United States could be used to smuggle in potential terrorists according to documents obtained by Breitbart Texas that were filed by prosecutors earlier this week.

Omar was alleged to have been conspiring with a group of Muslim men to join the fight with ISIS to carry out attacks against this country.

Prosecutors said in the documents that Omar spoke of how one of the defendants “found a means of reaching Syria by going through Mexico.” He then allegedly said that “defendants will be able to tell ISIL of the route so that ISIL can send fighters into the United States via that route to mount attacks.”

The documents were filed by prosecutors arguing why their evidence should be admitted in a trial scheduled to begin in May against Omar and some of his alleged conspirators.

Omar is set to stand trial along with Hamza Naj Ahmed, Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, and Abdirahman Yasin Daud.


Back stories on Omar and his terrorist Muslim pals, their terrorist lawyers and parents who knew of the terror plans here.

Obama’s ‘Countering Violent Extremism’ Program Collapses Into Absurdity

Was it ever intended to succeed? Or rather another opportunity to redistribute taxpayer funds to Muslims (ie. dhimmi tax)?

Source: PJ Media

In February 2015, President Obama hosted a three-day summit on “Countering Violent Extremism” (CVE) that featured a roll-out of three local programs in Boston, Minneapolis, and Los Angeles. This culminated CVE efforts by the Obama administration going back to 2011.

But just over a year from Obama’s White House Summit on Countering Violent Extremism, the programs are now admittedly a complete failure — and publicly rejected by elements of the very communities they intend to serve.

Even at the time of the summit, the CVE programs had already been deemed a failure.

These programs are also a practical failure in preventing violent extremism. Earlier this month, the Associated Press reported on one Somali youth leader in Minneapolis associated with government-funded CVE programs who later attempted to join the Islamic State.

Remarkably, as the Obama CVE programs are in complete meltdown, Republican leaders such as Rep. Mike McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, and conservative organizations such as the Heritage Foundation are openly embracing Obama’s CVE agenda — and even calling for its expansion.

In February 2015, Obama’s envoy to the Muslim world, Rashad Hussein, was appointed to lead the CSCC. Yet by year’s end, a State Department panel of experts concluded that the CSCC’s efforts were not effective, and questioned whether the U.S. government should be involved in counter-propaganda at all.

Rashad Hussein was promptly moved to the Justice Department and the CSCC shut down.

In January 2016, a new effort, the Center for Global Engagement, was launched, but with little prospect that rebranding their efforts will be more effective.

So the Obama administration’s counter-propaganda efforts were not only unsuccessful, but found to be so harmful and counter-productive that they had to be shut down and replaced.

Now, most of the U.S. government’s counter-propaganda efforts have been outsourced to the Sewab Center in Abu Dhabi, and the continued in-country counter-propaganda efforts of the Obama administration now have to be characterized as “ninja” because they are so unseen (and unmeasurable).

Obama’s CVE: A Catastrophic Failure

By the three key areas of activity established by the December 2011 White House Strategic Implementation Plan — namely community engagement, counter-terrorism training, and counter-propaganda — all of the CVE efforts have been at best ineffective, and at worst an aid to the enemy.

Meanwhile, reports about the dismal performance of their local CVE programs announced at the White House Summit in February 2015 continue to emerge. The whole CVE industry of government, academics, and community groups has devolved into farce, as I noted here at PJ Media recently following the “CVE Summit” held in Washington D.C.

This has transpired as the domestic and global terror threat continues to grow. The Obama administration demonstrates time and again that it is not up to the task of protecting Americans from those threats. Solutions to these problems are undoubtedly out there, but they will continue to be crowded-out and dismissed by the “experts” as long as the absurdity of CVE continues.


Read it all.

Minneapolis: Woman sexually assaulted by five Somali men

#Rapejihad.

Source: Woman sexually assaulted by five men in Uptown – StarTribune.com

A woman was sexually assaulted by a group of four men and a teenager while walking along a south Minneapolis street Saturday evening, according to a safety advisory issued by Minneapolis police.

The victim was walking in the Lyndale neighborhood around 9 p.m. when a car full of men called her over to their vehicle. They spoke briefly and she continued walking, police said.

A short time later, the five men returned and approached her on foot. They forced the woman to go to an area near 32nd Street and Blaisdell Avenue S., where they sexually assaulted her, police said.

The vehicle the five men were seen in is described a small black four-door sedan with tinted windows and a gray/silver interior.

Police released the following descriptions for the five, all identified as Somalis, with dark complexions.

Three of them were 19 to 23 years old, 6 feet tall, slender build, with short black hair (one had particularly frizzy hair); one was 15 to 17 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, slender build, with short black hair; and the other was 50 to 56 years old, 6 feet tall, heavy build, with a balding head.

The vehicle they were in was described as a small black four-door vehicle with tinted windows and a gray/silver interior.

Anybody with information is asked to call the Minneapolis Police Department’s Sex Crimes unit at 612-673-3081 or the department’s tip line at 612-692-8477. Anonymous tips can also be texted to 847411.


Flashback5 Iraqi immigrants arrested in Colorado gang-rape

Minnesota mosque producing Somali Muslim terrorists

Source: Minnesota mosque producing radical Somali terrorists

A Minnesota man who pleaded guilty Thursday to conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State attended a radical mosque in Bloomington known for producing jihadists.

Adnan Abdihamid Farah, 20, faces up to 15 years in prison but avoided a possible life sentence when three other counts were dropped.

Farah is one of five men in a group of Somali Americans – all either refugees or sons of refugees – who the government charged in the case.

Farah was the only one of the five who was not accused of trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State, also called ISIS, but admitted he was communicating with an ISIS operative in Syria and intended to do so.

Adnan Farah’s older brother, Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, 22, is among the other four defendants who are scheduled to go on trial May 9.

A total of 10 Somalis from Minnesota have been charged with conspiracy to provide material support to ISIS. Five have now pleaded guilty, one has fled and his whereabouts unknown. Another dozen or so Minnesota Muslims, almost all of them of Somali origin, have traveled to Syria to join Sunni rebel groups since 2012.

Adnan Farah said his parents confiscated his passport when it came in the mail. He then put a $100 down payment on a fake passport and also tried to help a co-defendant get one.

Another 22 young Somali men have left Minnesota since 2007 to join al-Shabab, an al-Qaida-linked terrorist group seeking to take over Somalia.

Adnan Farah, who was born in the U.S. to Somali refugee parents, told the court he took no interest in al-Shabab but had watched “at least 100” ISIS propaganda videos on Youtube. Some of the videos allegedly acts of brutality by Syria’s Shiite government against Sunni Muslims.

“Taking it in with an open heart. That’s how, I guess, I formed my conclusions,” he told the court, according to an Associated Press report. He said his faith led him to believe he was obligated to help other Sunni Muslims in need.

Mosque sows seeds of violence

And where did Adnan Farah and his brother get their views about Islam?

Both attended the al-Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington, Minnesota, a mosque headed by radical Imam Waleed Idris al-Meneesey.

John Guandolo, a former FBI counter-terrorism specialist who founded Understanding the Threat in an effort to train U.S. law enforcement officers, said he is very familiar with the Bloomington mosque.

Guandolo said al-Maneesey teaches straight from the Quran and the life of Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as laid out in the hadiths.

“When Imam al-Meneesey calls for the killing and destruction of Jews and references a story from the Islamic prophet Mohammad, he is referring to the hadith (report) from Bukhari, who is the most authoritative hadith scholar in all of Islam,” Guandolo told WND. “To be clear, Islamic scholars consider the hadith of Bukhari to rise to a level just below the Quran.”

In that hadith, Bukhari quotes Mohammad as stating:

“The hour of judgment will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. It will not come until the Jew hides behind rocks and trees. It will not come until the rocks or the trees say, ‘O Muslim! O servant of God! There is a Jew behind me. Come and kill him.”

This hadith is among the most authoritative Islamic texts, Guandolo said, which is why it can be found in the Hamas Covenant as well as in first grade text books in Islamic schools. Continue reading

Minnesota: Muslim takes plea deal, supported Islamic State terrorists

Source: Minnesota man changes plea to guilty in Islamic State case

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — One of five Minnesota men due to go on trial next month for conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State group changed his plea Thursday to guilty, saying he succumbed to propaganda videos that preached jihad.

Adnan Abdihamid Farah, 20, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. Three other counts were dropped, including conspiracy to commit murder outside the United States. Farah faces a maximum of 15 years in prison but avoided a possible life sentence by taking the plea deal.

“I take responsibility for myself and actions I committed,” Farah told U.S. District Judge Michael Davis, who didn’t set a sentencing date.

The hearing was interrupted for about 45 minutes after Farah’s mother, Ayan Farah, 39, collapsed with chest pain as proceedings got underway. Security personnel hustled her son out of the courtroom, and medics took her to a hospital for treatment. There was no immediate word on her condition.

Adnan Farah’s brother, Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, 22, is among the other four defendants who are scheduled to go on trial May 9. Adnan Farah’s attorney, Kenneth Udoibok, said the stress of the case has been weighing heavily on their mother.

Altogether, 10 Minnesota men have been charged with conspiracy to provide material support to the Islamic State group as part of the investigation. Five have now pleaded guilty, one remains at large. About a dozen Minnesota residents have traveled to Syria to join militant groups there in recent years.

Unlike the other defendants, Adnan Farah wasn’t accused of trying to travel to Syria to fight for the Islamic State. But he told Davis that he applied for an expedited U.S. passport with the intention of doing so. He said his parents confiscated the passport when it came in the mail early. He then put a $100 down payment on a fake passport and also tried to help a co-defendant get one.

“I’m more than sorry for the pain I caused my parents,” Farah said, his voice choked with emotion. “If I had listened to them I wouldn’t be here today.”

Outside the courtroom, Udoibok said he was confident Davis would treat Farah fairly.

While more than 22 young men have left Minnesota since 2007 to join al-Shabab in Somalia, the U.S.-born Farah, who is of Somali ancestry, said he doesn’t relate to that group. But he said he watched “at least 100” Islamic State propaganda videos on YouTube with other defendants, including some that showed atrocities committed by Syrian government forces on Sunni Muslim civilians.

“Taking it in with an open heart. That’s how, I guess, I formed my conclusions,” he said. He also said his faith and his comfortable life in Minnesota led him to believe he was obligated help other Muslims in need.

According to court documents, Farah intended to plead guilty after his arrest last year, and urged two co-defendants to do so, too, but changed his mind after an imam persuaded his family that the defendants should stick together and go on trial.

In the end, he took the original plea deal offered by the government. “This is the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make,” he said in court.


Behind every Muslim terrorist is an imam. But if we’re to believe it’s really jihadi videos, when will Google/Youtube be held accountable for hosting terrorist videos?

Meanwhile, Key federal witness in Minnesota ISIS investigation is arrested after gun incident. Continue reading

Islamic University of Minnesota a Hotbed of Extremism

islam-univ-minn

Source: Islamic University of Minnesota a Hotbed of Extremism :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

The Minneapolis-based Islamic University of Minnesota (IUM) has an extremism problem.

It is run by a man who used a recent sermon to invoke a Hadith commonly espoused by Muslim terrorists to kill Jews for causing “corruption in the land.” Waleed Idris al-Meneesey also has written that Muslims should place sharia law above “man-made” law.

During a November sermon, al-Meneesy referred to the Hadith, a saying from Islam’s prophet Muhammad, describing how Jews had been punished by God repeatedly for “corruption.”

“When the Children of Israel returned to cause corruption in the time of our Prophet Muhammad,” al-Meneesy said in a translation by the Investigative Project on Terrorism, “and they disbelieved him, God destroyed him at his hand. In any case, God Almighty has promised them destruction whenever they cause corruption.”

History will repeat itself, he said.

“The Prophet related that in the Last Days his Umma [people] would fight the Jews, the Muslims East of the Jordan River, and they [the Jews] west of [the Jordan River] … Even trees and stones will say: O Muslim, this is a Jew behind me, kill him, except for Gharqad trees, the trees of the Jews. Because of this they plant many of them…”

Jerusalem “remained in the hands of the Muslims until it fell into the hands of the Jews in 1387 AH [1967 AD], and has been a prisoner in their hands for 34 years [sic], but the victory of God is coming inevitably.”

Al-Meneesy, the IUM’s president and chancellor, also serves as an imam at a Bloomington, Minn. mosque where at least five young men left the United States to fight with terrorist groups al-Shabaab and ISIS.

IUM opened in 2007, claiming 160 students registered for classes, which cost $150 each. Current enrollment figures could not be found. IUM’s website describes programs ranging from two year associates degrees to full doctorates. A bachelor’s program helps students “acquire all essential Islamic knowledge.” The Ph.D. program costs $3,000, including thesis review, and is structured “along the lines of Universities in the Middle East and Africa.”

The university’s website cites recognition by Holy Quran University in the Sudan, founded in 1990 by the regime of Sudanese war criminal and President Omar al-Bashir. Holy Quran University’s leaders signed a 2002 declaration saying it was forbidden for Muslims to buy American and Israeli goods.

IUM also professes to serve as the official representative of Sunni Islam’s most important institution – Al-Azhar University, which has grown increasingly radical – in the U.S. and Canada. Al-Azhar officials have refused to condemn the Islamic State (ISIS) as apostates and heretics. According to Egypt’s Youm 7, IUM’s curriculum, offered to American students, endorses many practices used by ISIS. These include: “[K]illing a Muslim who does not pray, one who leaves Islam, prisoners and infidels within Islam [those who do not have a clearly specified creed or sect]. [It also allows] gouging their eyes and chopping off their hands and feet, as well as banning the construction of churches and discriminating between Muslims and Ahl al-Kitab [Christians and Jews], and insulting them at times.”

Al-Meneesy’s extremism goes further back than his anti-Semitic sermon. In 2007, he authored a paper for the Assembly of Muslim Jurists Association of America (AMJA), where he sits on the fatwa committee. Muslims should refrain from participating in non-Islamic courts that do not follow Islamic shariah law, particularly those in the West guided by “man-made” law, al-Meneesey wrote.

“The authority to legislate rests with Allah alone,” al-Meneesey wrote.

Anyone who uses law other than shariah, such as civil law, is a “corrupt tyrant,” the paper said. Judging by something other than shariah equals disbelief in Allah, injustice and sinfulness, he wrote.

Read it all.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 55,499 other followers

%d bloggers like this: