New York: Islamic State recruiter arrested, associate of Lackawanna 6 terrorists; threatened to behead daughter

New jingle: Like a good Muslim, jihad is there. Like it?

via Accused ISIS recruiter had threatened to behead daughter, sources say – The Buffalo News.

FBI agents arrested a Lackawanna man they say was trying to recruit local people for ISIS and who was about to leave the country.

Arafat Nagi, 44, was preparing to leave Lackawanna, and agents believed he was headed to the Middle East to fight with ISIS, prompting agents to take him into custody, according to a source.

U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr. at a news conference Wednesday said Nagi has on two separate occasions traveled from Lackawanna to Turkey to try to join the terrorist organization, which also is known as ISIL. [ISIS]

Nagi had bought body armor, boots, Islamic headband, a face mask, night vision goggles and burn kit, federal authorities said.

He was known to local as he was involved in a domestic incident in 2013, according to law enforcement sources, who said he threatened to behead his daughter with a knife.

Law enforcement officials also said Wednesday that Nagi was a friend and associate of several members of the Lackawanna Six.

Nagi was arraigned Wednesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Hugh B. Scott, who ordered him held without bail, pending a felony hearing Friday morning.

Beginning in August 2012 and up to the present, Nagi is accused of attempting to “provide material and resources” to a designated terrorist organization, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also called ISIS.

Scott told Nagi he faces a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, if convicted.

Nagi, who was born in Buffalo, said he has not worked since 2009, when he was injured. He told the judge he previously worked delivering medication to pharmacies for Prestige Delivery Systems, but was fired. He also described himself as disabled, though he never has filed for disability benefits. Nagi said he relies on family members to pay his bills.

Nagi said he is divorced and the father of a son, 23, and daughter, 21.

Assistant US Attorney Joseph Trippi said he moved for continued detention of Nagi because he is “a risk of flight and danger to the community.”

Scott assigned attorney Jeremy Schwartz to defend Nagi.

“It’s very early in the case to make any comments about the evidence or charges,” Schwartz told reporters outside the courtroom.

Federal officials said Nagi had been on their radar “for about a year.”

“The FBI had been watching him for some time and arrested him because he was planning to take action today, preparing to leave and go fight,” a source familiar with the investigation said.

Nagi, formerly of Detroit, had been interviewed by agents and, when questioned, was vague about a 10-day period that remains unaccounted for, a source said.

Agents believe that Nagi attempted to recruit local people for the terrorist organization, according to a source with knowledge of the arrest.

When the man tried to recruit people in Lackawanna, his efforts were spurned, according to another source familiar with the arrest.

This isn’t the first time terrorism has touched Lackawanna. One year and one day after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, eight Lackawanna men were accused of visiting an al Qaida training camp in Afghanistan.


Wow. Bad reporting or intentionally bad reporting? Were they found guilty? What happened to them?

Another article clarifies: Nagi was friend of some Lackawanna Six members, police sources say

The men all went to prison after taking guilty pleas in Buffalo’s federal court and admitting that they had trained with al-Queda and met Osama bin Laden, the man behind the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on America.

Nagi was a “friend and supporter” of the Lackawanna Six, one of the sources told the Buffalo News today.


So the Lackawanna Six all went to prison. That is, until the U. S. gave half of the Lackawanna Six new identities. Witness protecton. No one knows where they are today.


Update from Daniel Greenfield:

The last time Lackawanna made headlines it was because of the Lackawanna Six, a sleeper cell of six Yemeni Muslims aiding Al Qaeda. Arafat Nagi also appears to be Yemeni.

There are a whole bunch of Yemeni Muslims living in Lackawanna, New York, because this country’s government has an obsessive death wish.

More than 1,100 people of Yemeni descent live in Lackawanna. Their culture and their faith set them apart from others in the city – and co-existence has had its rough edges.

This is a piece of ethnic America where the Arabic-speaking Al-Jazeera television station is beamed in from Qatar through satellite dishes to Yemenite-American homes; where young children answer “Salaam” when the cell phone rings, while older children travel to the Middle East to meet their future husband or wife; where soccer moms don’t seem to exist, and where girls don’t get to play soccer – or, as some would say, football.

That was 13 years ago. Assume there are a lot more than that now in a population of less than 20,000.

A popular stretch of Ridge Road now has Yemini and American flags waving. Some residents in the community don’t welcome it, but the Mayor of Lackawanna said he’s not backing down.

“Some people don’t like the fact that they’re flying side by side with our flag. Then my response was well you didn’t call anybody or complain when the Polish flags were flying side by side with the American flags,” said Mayor Geoff Szymanski, (D).

Szymansky said the Yeminite community is the fastest growing community in Lackawanna.

Except that the red in the Yemeni flag stands for the “blood of martyrs” and Yemen is currently divided between ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran’s Shiite Houthi terrorists. That’s a little different than the Poles.

Also the Poles don’t seem to be joining ISIS as much.

Fed Court: NYC MTA Anti-Jihad Ad Ban Violated 1st Amendment Rights, Must Pay

Two-time losers. via American Freedom Law Center.

On Thursday of last week (7/16), the federal court hearing the case against the New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) for illegally refusing to display an anti-jihad advertisement granted the plaintiffs, Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, and their non-profit organization, American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), partial summary judgment and ordered the MTA to pay nominal damages. The court’s finding of liability and award of damages also opens the door for Geller and her co-plaintiffs to recover their legal fees and costs from the City’s transit authority. The controversial anti-jihad ad, referred to in the case as the “Hamas Killing Jews” advertisement, is displayed below.

Judge John G. Koeltl, presiding in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in downtown Manhattan, had earlier ruled on April 20 that the MTA’s refusal to run the ad out of fear that Muslims in New York might understand the ad to be advocating violence and would therefore rise up to murder Jews as Islamic worship, was unconstitutional.  In fact, Judge Koetl ruled that there was no evidence of any threat of violence.  Based on these findings, Judge Koeltl ordered the MTA to display the ad immediately, even before the court’s final judgment.

The court did, however, stay (i.e., postponed) the enforcement of its order for 30 days to give the MTA time to appeal or to work out the logistics of running the ad.  The MTA did neither.  Instead, it convened a public board meeting at which MTA board member Charles Moerdler ranted incoherently about hate speech and Geller’s newly proposed ads designed to expose wealthy Jews who support the BDS (boycott, divestiture, and sanction) movement against Israel.

At the conclusion of the meeting, the board voted to change the MTA ad policy by excluding all speech that, according to MTA officials, addressed “disputed” causes and issues.  On the heels of that decision, the MTA filed a motion to “dissolve” the court’s previous order requiring it to run the Hamas Killing Jews ad on the grounds that the MTA was no longer applying the “incitement” provision, but rather a “no political message” provision.  Judge Koeltl accepted the MTA’s argument and rescinded his earlier order requiring the MTA to run the ad.

The American Freedom Law Center (AFLC), lawyers for Geller and her co-plaintiffs, immediately appealed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Judge Koeltl’s decision to dissolve the earlier order requiring the MTA to run the Hamas Killing Jews ad.  Just last Friday, the Second Circuit granted AFLC’s motion to expedite the appeal.

Not waiting for the appeal on the injunction issue to wind its way through the appellate process, AFLC also immediately asked the district court to grant its clients judgment against the MTA for its initial decision to refuse to display the ad on the grounds of incitement—i.e., that it would spur violence, a claim the court flatly rejected.  Initially, the MTA opposed AFLC’s request, claiming that it was premature.  However, at the hearing on the matter, the MTA capitulated and agreed to a court finding that the MTA was liable for violating Geller’s, Spencer’s, and AFDI’s First Amendment right to free speech and further agreed to pay nominal damages.

An award for even nominal damages allows AFLC to seek reimbursement of its legal fees as the “prevailing party,” which will likely be in excess of $100,000.

David Yerushalmi, AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel, explained,

“The MTA has long been a serial violator of the First Amendment—at least when it involves pro-Israel, anti-jihad speech.  The MTA will pay for this conduct just as it has in the past.  Moreover, we fully intend to win the appeal and force the MTA to actually run the Hamas Killing Jews ad.  The MTA and its board should not be permitted to play musical chairs with its ad policy just because they don’t like Ms. Geller’s viewpoint.”

Robert Muise, AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel, added,

“It is remarkable the lengths that government officials will go to try and silence Ms. Geller’s anti-jihad message.  But I can assure you that we are more determined to defend the First Amendment against such politically-correct censorship.”

AFLC has now won two federal lawsuits against the MTA, one against the Washington, D.C. transit authority, and one against the Philadelphia transit authority on behalf of its clients, Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, and AFDI.  Cases are still pending in Detroit, Boston, and Seattle, with a new case recently filed in Washington D.C.

 

Staten Island on alert after Muslims spotted transferring weapons in parking lot

How else are peaceful Muslims supposed to celebrate Ramadan? via Security Scare On Staten Island After Woman Spotted With Weapon « CBS New York.

(CBSNewYork) – A potential security threat is causing traffic headaches on Staten Island Friday.

The NYPD issued a “be on the lookout” alert after several people carrying what appear to be assault rifles were photographed at the Midland Beach parking lot.

The photos were taken by a retired member of the NYPD.

It is not yet clear if the weapons are assault rifles or paintball guns.

Police are searching for two SUVs with New Jersey license plates A83FCB and PSJ52V.


Update:

In an updated press release the NYPD said that firearms experts conducted a forensic examination of the photographs. The preliminary opinion of these experts was that the weapons in the pictures strongly resemble replicas of firearms used in “paintball” games. Interviews conducted by NYPD and FBI investigators in New Jersey have revealed that the registered owner of one of the vehicles indicated that he was planning to go paintball shooting with friends today. The investigation is continuing.” Police said.


If they were paintball guns, why is the investigation continuing?

End Muslim immigration. NOW!

Days after Tenn. jihad attack killed 4 Marines, Empire State Building will light green to end “Month of Jihad”

Muslims will be partying Saturday – another successful month of jihad in their history books. via Empire State Building.

On Saturday, July 18, 2015, the Empire State Building will be lit Green in honor of Eid al-Fitr.

empire-state-jihad-green


Not the first time the ESB has lit up for the month of jihad in a city where nearly 3,000 were killed by jihadis. Muslims have also plotted to bomb the Empire State Building and sued so they could make it their own personal mosque. Read those posts here.


NY Man Travels to FL to Behead TV Host ‘In the Name of Allah’

via Local talk show host says man stalked, threatened to kill her | www.wftv.com. h/t TROP

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —  Authorities said a New York man was arrested and charged with stalking and threatening to kill a central Florida talk show host.

The victim, Kietta Gamble, is the host of a local talk show called “Real Talk with Kietta.” Deputies said the suspect, Alvin Hart, was caught in her neighborhood.

Gamble told investigators that Hart has been contacting her repeatedly over the last five years.

“Any way to get to me, he does,” Gamble said. “It’s a nonstop cycle of harassment and it’s so overwhelming.”

According to court records, at one point, Hart said he was going to come to Orlando and cut Gamble’s head off “in the name of Allah.”

He told me that Allah told him I’d be more of a benefit with him than on Earth and that he was going to sacrifice me,” Gamble said.

He’s being held on a $4,000 bond.

 

NYT Says Muslim ‘Level of Outrage’ (ie, Jihad) Why We Won’t Publish Mohammad Cartoons

Banned by the New York Times

Banned by the New York Times

via NYT: Christians’ Failure to Match Muslims’ ‘Level of Outrage’ Allows Us to Publish Pope-Condom Images.

Earlier this week, the New York Times published an image of Pope Benedict XVI made entirely of condoms. Some asked why the Times published this image after refusing to publish the Charlie Hebdo cartoons back in January. There seems to be a double standard at play.

 Public editor Margaret Sullivan cites an explanation by standards editor Philip B. Corbett, who attempts to explain the different treatment of the Mohammed cartoons and the Pope-condom image.

I don’t think these situations — the Milwaukee artwork and the various Muhammad caricatures — are really equivalent. For one thing, many people might disagree, but museum officials clearly consider this Johnson piece to be a significant artwork. Also, there’s no indication that the primary intent of the portrait is to offend or blaspheme (the artist and the museum both say that it is not intended to offend people but to raise a social question about the fight against AIDS). And finally, the very different reactions bear this out. Hundreds of thousands of people protested worldwide, for instance, after the Danish cartoons were published some years ago. While some people might genuinely dislike this Milwaukee work, there doesn’t seem to be any comparable level of outrage.

It’s frankly astounding that someone with the title of “standards editor” at the New York Times could write something so clueless in so many and varied ways.


No, it’s not astounding. What is astounding is that those not on the left still play the left’s game and think there is an even playing field. There is not. The media aids and abets the psychopaths running America into the ground and defend Islam as if it were their own.

More at the link above if you have nothing better to do with your time.

NYPD finally tickets hundreds of cabbies illegally double-parked while praying in mosques

Will Sheik Deblasio void the tickets or fire the officer(s) who gave the tickets? via Hundreds of cabbies ticketed while praying in mosque | New York Post. h/t BNI

The NYPD went on a taxi ticketing blitz outside a mosque on the Upper West Side while drivers were inside reciting Ramadan prayers Friday, The Post learned.

At least one officer handed out nearly 100 tickets on the streets surrounding the Islamic Cultural Center on Riverside Drive near West 72nd Street, said cabby ­Mohammad Zaman.

“This is a special prayer time, a time for religion. We double-park here every Friday and they [allow it], but today they gave us all tickets, almost 100 cabs,” he said.

Zaman, who has been attending services at the mosque for nine years, was slapped with a dreaded orange envelope that held a $115 greeting for double parking.

“This has never happened ­before,” he said.

“I can’t help but to think they are being prejudiced. They don’t understand. We have to be here.”

His ticket incorrectly listed the violation date as Saturday, June 27, he said. The wrong date on the ticket could get him off the hook.

Ramadan this year is observed from June 17 through July 17.

A volunteer at the mosque said cops used to cut cabbies a break.

But this year, “maybe three or four times [this month] I’ve seen them go down the line giving tickets to cabs, and [they’re] getting strict again,” the volunteer said.

An NYPD spokesman said that while individual precincts may make accommodations in extenuating circumstances, such as the Ramadan observation, double parking is never authorized, citing, for example, the need for emergency vehicles to navigate the roads.

A source at the 20th Precinct, which covers the mosque, said he wasn’t aware of an organized ticket blitz.

He added that cops at the precinct have a good relationship with the mosque.

“It is mandatory in our religion to come to the mosque every Friday. It’s our duty. Other places they are OK with double parking — people do it everywhere here — but now they won’t let us? Most of us only come for one hour,” said cabby Mohammad Choudhury.

Driver MD Shomuz, who has been going to the mosque for six years, said, “No one has been given tickets before, but today ­everyone got one.”

“It’s frustrating, but what can I do?” he said.


Previous posts on the topic here.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 45,169 other followers

%d bloggers like this: