Minneapolis: Muslim joined ISIS within weeks of receiving $91K bridge collapse settlement

Mohamed Amiin Ali Roble

Yesterday you learned about the Muslim refugee in Maine who collected welfare for four years while training for jihad.

Today, more details on information we shared with readers back in May on the Somali Muslim who survived 2007 Minneapolis bridge collapse now in Syria fighting with ISIS.

Source: Minneapolis bridge collapse survivor faces terror charge – WSMV Channel 4

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – A survivor of the 2007 Minneapolis bridge collapse that killed 13 people now faces terror charges after authorities say he traveled to Syria to join the Islamic State group, departing the U.S. just a few weeks after collecting more than $91,000 in settlement money for his injuries.

Mohamed Amiin Ali Roble, 20, was charged Wednesday with providing and conspiring to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

He was weeks shy of his 11th birthday when the school bus he was riding in plummeted about 30 feet as the bridge collapsed. Roble, one of 145 people who were hurt, received the settlement funds on his 18th birthday.

Roble’s name first surfaced in May during the federal trial of three Minnesota men who were convicted of conspiring to join the Islamic State group. The bridge collapse wasn’t mentioned at trial, but The Associated Press made the connection using public records.

Working phone numbers and current addresses for Roble’s family members were not available and they could not be reached for comment.

Court documents filed Wednesday show Roble received three court settlements when he turned 18 that totaled $91,654. That money included a $65,431 payment from the state’s settlement fund.

According to evidence presented in federal court in May, Roble flew to Istanbul in October 2014 as part of an itinerary that included a trip to China. He was due to return to the U.S. in June 2015, but never did, FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force Officer Joel Pajak testified.

“We received information that Mr. Roble ended up in Syria with his uncle, Abdi Nur,” Pajak testified.

The FBI affidavit says Roble withdrew more than $47,000 from his accounts over three months in 2014 while he was in Turkey.

“This large sum is consistent with previously mentioned CHS reports that Roble was financially supporting himself and other members of ISIL, including by purchasing vehicles to be used by members of ISIL,” the affidavit said. The “CHS” was a confidential informant working for the government. Continue reading

Virginia: Muslim on FBI Watchlist Yells ‘Allah Akbar’, Tries to Behead Man & Woman in Roanoke

Source: FBI Investigating Possible ISIS-Inspired Knife Attack in Virginia – ABC News

The FBI has launched a federal terrorism investigation into a weekend stabbing in Roanoke, Va., looking at whether the attacker may have been trying to behead his victim in an alleged ISIS-inspired assault, sources tell ABC News.

Federal authorities have been aware of the alleged attacker, 20-year-old Wasil Farooqui, of the Roanoke area, for some time, sources familiar with the case told ABC News. In the past year, he traveled to Turkey and may have tried to sneak into Syria, where ISIS is recruiting and inspiring sympathizers from across the world, sources said.

Farooqui was arrested Saturday by Roanoke County Police on charges of assault with malicious wounding, and he’s being held without bond at the Western Virginia Regional Jail, according to the sources and a jail database.

During the Saturday stabbing, Farooqui allegedly injured a man and woman at an apartment complex in Roanoke, yelling “Allah Akbar” as he attacked them with a knife, sources told ABC News.

Authorities believe he may have been trying to behead the male victim, who was likely picked at random, ABC News was told.

Farooqui and his two alleged victims were hospitalized after the attack. Their conditions were not clear.

“The FBI is working with the Police Department following the incident that occurred on Saturday evening,” the head of the FBI’s Richmond field office, Special Agent In Charge Adam Lee, said in a statement. “While I cannot discuss details of the investigation at this time, I do want to reassure the community that we are working to determine the nature of the incident.”

ISIS has released several propaganda videos depicting the beheadings of Western journalists and others.


More details:  Roanoke County police: suspect yelled “Allah Akbar” during attack

Roanoke County Police are investigating a reported stabbing at The Pines Apartments in the 4300 block of Banbury Lane. Authorities said dispatch received a call just before 8:00 p.m. that a male and female had been attacked as they entered the apartment building. Both were attacked with a knife and severely injured.

According to police, the male was able to fight off the attacker who fled the scene. Roanoke County Fire & Rescue transported both victims to a nearby hospital. While officers were at the hospital with the victims, a male identified as 20-year old Wasil Farooqui of Roanoke County, came into the emergency room suffering from injuries of his own said authorities. Police said Farooqui met the description of the suspect in the stabbing.


Whether or not it was ISIS-inspired, it was undoubtedly Islam-inspired. Considering Farooqi was on the FBI’s watch list for some time, it will be hard for the media to deploy the “nothing to do with Islam” meme. Instead, the media is taking a new tactic: NOT REPORTING IT AT ALL.

A similar media blackout is taking place regarding Muslim refugee rapes of American girls. No mention of the latest jihadi’s immigration status.

Update:

roanoke-mosque

North Carolina: Muslim teen plotted to kill 1,000 Americans under guidance of Islamic terrorist

As we noted in June, via North Carolina: Father Tips Off Police to Muslim-Convert Son’s Jihad Sympathies

Sullivan told him [undercover agent] he had converted to Islam, and was a “mujahid.”

Sullivan wrote the undercover officer, “500 is an incorrect body count.” He said 1,000 was correct, “I’m thinking about using biological weapons … coat our bullets with cyanide … and then set off a gas bomb to finish the rest.”

In one of his last conversations with the undercover agent, authorities said Sullivan talked about a second attack, “we could use a U-Haul packed with bombs and then detonate it.”

The latest update via: Indictment: Man spoke with IS while planning attack in US – The Washington Post

The indictment filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Charlotte said Justin Nojan Sullivan spoke with Junaid Hussain in June 2015 via social media about making a video of a terrorist attack in the U.S. to be used by IS.

The original indictment unsealed in February accused Sullivan of killing his neighbor and stealing his money so he could buy an assault rifle to carry out an IS-inspired shooting at a concert or club. The indictment said Sullivan offered an undercover FBI employee money to kill his parents, who he believed would interfere with his plans.

In the initial indictment, Sullivan was accused of planning to use an assault rifle and silencer to carry out an attack at a concert, bar or club, which he believed would kill as many as 1,000 people.

A grand jury in Burke County also indicted Sullivan in February on a murder charge in the death of 74-year-old John Bailey Clark, who lived a few doors down from him, said District Attorney David Learner.

In December 2014, he used a .22-caliber rifle stolen from his father’s gun cabinet to shoot Clark in the head, the federal indictment said. A news release said forensic testing shows the rifle was used to kill Clark.

Federal authorities said they began investigating Sullivan after his father called 911 in April 2015 saying his son was destroying religious items in their home in Morganton. He was arrested at the family’s home without incident on June 19, and later told investigators that he planned to carry out an attack in the coming days when his parents were expected to be out of town, investigators have said.


More via: Morganton teen Islamic State group suspect spoke with high-ranking terrorist | WSOC-TV

Residents are reacting to new charges against a teen accused of supporting the Islamic State group by planning a terror attack in North Carolina.

An enhanced indictment said that while 19-year-old Justin Sullivan lived in Morganton with his parents, he had researched firearms and plotted to kill at least 1,000 people.

Now, he’s accused of planning the attack under the guidance of one of the most sought-after terror suspects in the world.

“I’m surprised in this little neighborhood,” resident Travis Baker said.

Baker and his neighbors have been rocked by one shock after another.

In June of 2015, authorities arrested Sullivan for allegedly plotting a terror attack.

Months later, Sullivan was charged with killing his neighbor as a practice target. New charges allege Sullivan was being mentored by Junaid Hussain, a high-ranking member of the Islamic State group.

“That was real shocking there,” Baker said. “Someone from here, this little country town, to get ahold of someone from ISIS.”

Terrorism expert Ross Bulla said the terror group has a tough screening process and that if Sullivan had a mentor, the Islamic State group believed he had access to weapons and the motivation to carry out an attack.

“This boy that looks like he is 12 years old walking into the courthouse is in direct communication and being mentored by the third highest-ranking member in the worst terror organization in the world,” Bulla said.

Bulla also said he believes there are more aspiring terrorists in the state.

“Absolutely. We are in a section of the country that is ripe with groups that practice hateful ideology and inspire lone wolf behaviors,” Bulla said.

Sullivan is in federal custody and his trial is set for Oct 31.


Someone should interview Bulla to get more details on these groups in North Carolina. Reader’s here know North Carolina is a hotbed for jihadist activity., but citizens should know to whom Bulla is referring.

Michigan: Muslim Immigrant Pleads Guilty, Lied to Feds About Joining Hezbollah

Source: Department of Justice

A Dearborn, Michigan, man pleaded guilty to making false statements to federal agents involving terrorism, U.S. Attorney Barbara L. McQuade announced today.

Mohammad Hassan Hamdan, 24, admitted at his plea hearing before U.S. District Judge Gerald E. Rosen that he knowingly lied to federal agents when he was arrested, prior to boarding his flight, at Detroit Metropolitan Airport on March 16, 2014.  Hamdan told federal agents that he was going to Lebanon “to get his teeth fixed.”  Hamdan also admitted that he had told an FBI confidential source that he was going to Lebanon to join Hezbollah, a designated foreign terrorist organization, so that he could fight with Hezbollah in Syria.

Evidence presented at a hearing revealed that prior to leaving to go to Lebanon, Hamdan had packed up all his possessions, gave his car to a family member and sold his house.

“It is illegal to lie to federal agents because false statements undermine their ability to investigate crime,” McQuade said.  “Here, Mr. Hamdan lied to cover up his intent to travel overseas to fight with Hezballah, a group that have been designated by the U.S. government as a terrorist organization.”

“This case highlights the significance of the investigative work being done by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force in Detroit,” stated David P. Gelios, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Detroit Field Office. “As evidenced by his own admissions, Mohammad Hassan Hamdan took steps to travel to Lebanon to join the fight on behalf of Hezbollah in Syria. This investigation demonstrates the real threat of individuals residing in the United States who want to travel to Syria to fight on behalf of Hezbollah, a designated terrorist organization and threat to our national security.”

Hamdan is scheduled to be sentenced on November 14, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.


As we noted in a previous post, Hamdan was born in Lebanon. He came to the U.S. in June of 2007.

Nashville Sheriff To Force All New Hires Thru “Islam 101” Course, Taught by Muslims

Sheriff Daron Hall (right) talks with Zulfat Suara of the American Muslim Advisory Council about new “Islam 101” class for jail guards.

Source: Nashville Sheriff To Hire Advocate For Muslim Inmates And Add ‘Islam 101’ To Jail Guard Training | Nashville Public Radio

Davidson County Sheriff Daron Hall says he wants jail guards to better understand the practices and beliefs of Muslim inmates. So he has accepted a request from local Muslim leaders to teach “Islam 101” classes for jail staff, and he plans to hire a part-time advocate as a go-between with inmates.

Does Hall want his staff to understand stonings, amputations, beheadings and other “practices and beliefs” of Muslims? Or the whitewashed version of sharia that Islamic supremacists will sell him for a nice price?

Hall’s moves follow a recent sit-down meeting with highly influential Islamic leaders. And they come at a time when the Muslim community is growing, along with their presence inside county jails.

“Let me be very blunt about it: We need a much better understanding in law enforcement, in this country, in this city, anywhere, to understand the various cultural issues,” Hall said in opening the July 12 meeting. “We need help understanding what the sensitivities about various religious and other aspects are so we’re not stomping all over what is a very precious feeling.”

Let us be blunt: THIS IS AMERICA – NOT A MUSLIM COUNTRY! When you are jailed for your crimes you lose some of your rights. The Sheriff Daron Hall’s of the country are failing in their duties to uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Instead, they are aiding and abetting them. 

Guards have learned to accommodate prayer times and dietary needs, Hall said. But there’s still the chance of causing friction, simply for lack of knowledge.

In other words, Hall’s staff has already been trained to submit to and enforce the sharia

He used the case of a DUI arrest as an example. While his team handles DUI defendants most days, he said they might not realize “that’s very offensive as it relates to the use of alcohol … they’re unaware of the sensitivity to that in the Muslim faith.”

The irony. The sheriff wants to treat drunk Muslims more sensitively than drunk non-Muslims. If they’re so sensitive, why are they drunk driving? You really can’t make this up. Continue reading

Maine: Catholic Charities’ Muslim Refugee Died Fighting for ISIS in Lebanon

Source: Documents: Freeport man died fighting for Islamic State in Lebanon – The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram h/t Jihad Watch

Adnan Fazeli became radicalized after moving to Maine in 2009. Four years later, he left 
his wife and three kids, and never returned, according to court records unsealed Monday.

Adnan Fazeli, 38, most recently of Freeport, came under investigation by the FBI for his connection to the terrorist group shortly after he left his job at Dubai Auto in Portland to fly to Turkey on Aug. 13, 2013, and never returned.

Fazeli, who also went by the names Abu Nawaf and Abu Abdullah Al-Ahwazi, was killed on Jan. 23, 2015, in a battle near Ras Baalbek in Lebanon as part of an Islamic State attack force of about 150 that was thwarted by the Lebanese army.

Those details, which were never revealed publicly before, were contained in an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Portland last Oct. 27 by Maine State Police Detective George Loder, who was acting as a member of an FBI task force investigating whether other people were aware of Fazeli’s plans to fight for the Islamic State, helped him travel to the Iraq-Syria-Lebanon area or supported his efforts there. The affidavit remained under seal during the investigation, which ended with no criminal charges.

Adnan Fazeli affidavit

The affidavit gives the accounts of four anonymous informants for the FBI who described how Fazeli’s behavior began to change about a year after he came to the Portland area through Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services. Continue reading

Mississippi: Former cheerleader turned Muslim gets 12 years for attempt to join Islamic State

Source: Mississippi ex-cheerleader sentenced to 12 years for plot to join Islamic State | NOLA.com

OXFORD, Miss. — A Mississippi woman who once sought to disguise a planned journey to join the Islamic State group as her honeymoon was sentenced by a federal judge Thursday to 12 years in prison on a terrorism charge.

Vicksburg native Jaelyn Young broke down in heavy sobs during her sentencing by U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock. Young pleaded guilty in March to one count of conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist organization.

Young had faced up to 20 years in prison.

Her parents pleaded for leniency at Thursday’s hearing. Young, amid sobs, said she was ashamed of her actions.

Her fiance, Muhammad Dakhlalla, pleaded guilty March 11 to a similar charge and is set to be sentenced Aug. 24. Prosecutors have said Young, who converted to Islam while studying at Mississippi State University, had prodded Dakhlalla into the plan.

The two were arrested in 2015 before boarding a flight from Columbus, Mississippi, with tickets for Istanbul, Turkey.

“I found the contacts, made arrangements, planned the departure,” Young had written in a farewell letter to her family. “I am guilty of what you soon will find out.”

The daughter of a school administrator and a police officer who served in the Navy reserve, Young is a former honor student, cheerleader and homecoming maid at Vicksburg’s Warren Central High School.

The two were arrested in August 2015 before they could board the flight from Mississippi with tickets for Istanbul purchased using her mother’s credit card without permission, according to court records. Authorities said the couple had contacted undercover federal agents in May, seeking online help in traveling to Syria. Both remained jailed in Oxford since their arrests.

Court papers say Young announced her conversion in March 2015 and began wearing a burqa, a garment worn by some Muslim women to cover their face and body. “After her conversion, Young distanced herself from family and friends and felt spending time with non-Muslims would be a bad influence,” prosecutors wrote.

A court statement said Young increasingly complained about the treatment of Muslims in the United States and United Kingdom. Prosecutors said that, after watching videos included pro-Islamic State messages from a British Muslim preacher who faces criminal charges of supporting the group — she began to view the fighters as liberators.

“Young continually asked Dakhlalla when they were going to join (the Islamic State group) and began to express hatred for the U.S. government and to express support for the implementation of Sharia law in the United States,” prosecutors wrote.

By May 2015, she had begun seeking advice online on how to travel to Syria, eventually making contact with undercover FBI employees, according to prosecutors.

Young told the undercover FBI employees that she and Dakhlalla would like to be medics treating the wounded. Dakhlalla, in online contacts, said he was good with computers and media and wanted to contribute to the Islamic State’s struggle. Court papers say Dakhlalla said online that he wanted to become a fighter and learn “what it really means to have that heart in battle.”

At one point, Young said she planned to camouflage the couple’s journey as a honeymoon, but later dropped that idea.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 60,187 other followers

%d bloggers like this: