NYC: Mohammed fleecing tourists with $30 hot dogs outside 9/11 Memorial

via NYC Hot Dog vendor charged tourists $30 outside 9/11 Memorial | Daily Mail Online h/t TROP

A crooked New York City food vendor has been caught on camera as he successfully rips off tourists.

Ahmed Mohammed is seen charging individuals anywhere from $3 to a whopping $30 for a hot dog, and as much as $15 for a pretzel.

28E729AB00000578-3089594-image-a-25_1432133844609

Crook: Ahmed Mohammed (above) was caught on camera selling hot dogs for $30 to tourists in New York City outside the 9/11 Memorial

 

What’s more, he is doing this just outside the 9/11 Memorial in downtown Manhattan.

‘I just felt like I was getting ripped off, and it’s just making the 9/11 grounds like a big tourist trap,’ one woman told NBC 4.

Another man said the price of his hot dog kept changing, going from $15 to $10, prompting the man to hand back the food to Mohammed even though he had already taken a bite.

‘To rip-off somebody, to charge them $35 for a hot dog and a pretzel, that leaves a terrible impression,’ said Jessica Lappin of the Alliance for Downtown New York.

She became aware of the situation when fights began breaking out because of Mohammed’s prices.

That’s not the only problem either, as other customers say the vendor will shortchange them after their purchase.

When a reporter for the network confronted him about his prices, he suddenly declared he did not speak English, though he did offer to sell them a hot dog for $3, which is still far steeper than the normal $1 charged by most vendors in the city.

Mohammed is currently under investigation by the Alliance.

 

NYC: Sheen Center Enforces Sharia, Cancels Event feat Play About ‘Mohammed’

via Sheen Center Cancels Event Featuring Neil LaBute Play About ‘Mohammed’ – NYTimes.com. [“Mohammed” Gets A Boner by Neil LaBute]

A downtown Manhattan performance center has canceled an event featuring a new play by Neil LaBute with a title making reference to “Mohammed,” on the grounds that the play is offensive to Muslims.

The event, called “Playwrights for a Cause” and featuring four new short plays about censorship in the arts, was set to take place on June 14 at the Sheen Center for Thought and Culture in Greenwich Village, as the opening of the Planet Connections Theater Festivity, a monthlong arts festival at various locations.

On Tuesday, the Sheen Center canceled the contract for the event, which was organized as a benefit for the National Coalition Against Censorship.

William Spencer Reilly, the executive director of the Sheen Center, said in an email that the play and its title was not in keeping with the mission of the center, which opened last year with funding from the archdiocese of New York and is named for former Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.

“When an artistic project maligns any faith group, that project clearly falls outside of our mission to highlight the good, the true, and the beautiful as they have been expressed throughout the ages,” Mr. Reilly said, referring to the center’s mission statement, which describes it as serving Catholic and non-Catholic audiences alike.

The Sheen Center, he added, “will not be a forum that mocks or satirizes another faith group.”

Mr. LaBute’s one-person play, which was written for the event, is about an actor asked to perform in an offensive satire. A description posted online reads: “The prophet ‘Mohammed’ stands on a barren stage, recalling the first time he made love to a white woman. Is this reality or a theatrical convention? Where do the lines between ‘satire’ and ‘censorship’ intersect or is nothing sacred when it comes to the theater?”

The play’s title refers to “Mohammed” as having an erection. In an email, Mr. LaBute said that the play did not depict “the actual prophet ‘Muhammad’ (spelled differently than my title),” but declined to say more, citing his desire to preserve the audience’s sense of surprise.

In an email, Glory Kadigan, the founder of Planet Connections, described the play as “a discussion of whether or not it’s all right to poke fun at religion or religious figures.” She said the group did not have titles or scripts for the plays when the contract was signed. “None of us knew what the writers would write,” she said. The group is seeking another stage, she said.

Mr. Reilly said he had signed the contract in February but had only become aware of the play’s title earlier this week, after a staff member noticed it on the Planet Connections website. After seeing the script, he decided to cancel the event in light of what he called the play’s “clear offense to Muslims.”

The other plays written for the occasion — by Erik Ehn, Halley Feiffer and Israel Horovitz — treat censorship issues relating to race, gender and sexuality, which were also set to be discussed in a panel discussion following the performances.

Mr. LaBute, in a statement, said the Sheen Center was “was absolutely within their right” in canceling the contract but said he was saddened by the decision.

“This event was meant to shine another light on censorship and it was unexpected to have the plug pulled, quite literally, by an organization that touts the phrase ‘for thought and culture’ on their very Web site,” Mr. LaBute said. “Both in life and in the arts, this is not a time to hide or be afraid; recent events have begged for artists and citizens to stand and be counted.”


Remind the staff at Sheen Center of that very point. Staff emails here.

NYPD & DHS meet Muslim leaders to counter jihad – Muslims say ‘stop monitoring us’

Not just any NYPD and DHS minions, but the top dogs. Buried in this article about ISIS, via ABC News.

NYPD Deputy Director of Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller echoed the secretary’s message that the community should be more involved in countering extremist messages.

“This can’t be a government effort, if a government effort that’s countering a call for violence that’s clothed in religion is coming from the government it’s already poisoned,” Miller said on “This Week.” “This needs to come from those credible voices in the community.”

Miller said he and Johnson met with Muslim community leaders in New York last week. Some members of those communities said the federal government has not done enough to stop surveillance and investigations that target Muslims. Miller said he understood their concerns but still hopes community leaders will be more engaged in the counter-message.


Hope is not a good strategy John.

To Protect Islam, MTA Will Ban All Political Ads on NYC Subways And Buses

Banning ads that expose Islam and its violent ideology, banning politicians from entering the U.S., banning movies and cartoons about Muhammad. Are we not living under the initial phase of sharia law already? We are being forced into dhimmitude. Enslaved.

via MTA To Ban All Political Advertising On NYC Subways And Buses After Court Allows ‘Killing Jews’ Ad.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is expected to pass a resolution at a board meeting Wednesday banning all political advertising on its subways and buses after the agency’s finance committee approved it earlier this week. The move comes after a judge allowed a pro-Israel group to display an advertisement with a phrase, “Hamas Killing Jews,” on New York City’s buses.

The MTA said such advertisements accounted for less than $1 million of its annual advertising revenue of $138 million, leading to the approval of the ban by the finance committee. The decision was prompted by security concerns, the Associated Press (AP) reported. Several other cities such as Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia have already banned political advertisements on public transit.

“Advertisements expressing viewpoint messages, regardless of the viewpoint being expressed, would no longer be accepted,” Jerome Page, MTA’s general counsel, told the committee on Monday, according to the AP.

MTA board member Charles Moerdler hailed the cash-strapped MTA’s decision. “Hateful speech, with its odious appeal to intolerance, is the incendiary that ignites violence and ultimately destroys free and democratic institutions,” he said, the AP reported.

However, board member Allen Cappelli said the agency should not take away the right of free speech just because a few “hateful people” tried to take advantage of the right. “I am really sad to see management attempting to go down this road,” Cappelli told the AP, adding: “I believe very strongly that the antidote to hateful speech is more free speech.”

In August, the MTA had notified the group behind the controversial advertisement — the American Freedom Defense Initiative — that it was willing to display three of the four proposed ads, but not the one with the “killing Jews” caption. Following this, the group filed a lawsuit challenging the agency’s decision.

The MTA had argued saying that the ad could incite violence, but Judge John Koeltl said last week that the ad was protected under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution that allows free speech. Koeltl, however, gave the parties a month’s time to appeal the ruling.

The advertisement showed a man who had covered his face and the caption next to him read: “Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah,” attributed to Hamas MTV. The caption further said, “That’s his Jihad. What’s yours?”

Koeltl had said that the MTA and Chairman Thomas Prendergast “underestimate the tolerant quality of New Yorkers and overestimate the potential impact of these fleeting advertisements. It strains credulity to believe that New Yorkers would be incited to violence by ads that did not incite residents of Chicago and San Francisco.”


And if you think the MTA Board sides with the terrorists, via MTA Board Member: “[The ads] make me want to strangle the life out of the person who took them out” (minute 1:40).

 

New York: Street to be named in honor of cop killed in Harlem mosque

 But not the street in Harlem that fellow officers and Cardillo’s family wanted. Muslims and NY democrats wouldn’t allow that.

mosqcard

via Motorcycle ride to honor cop killed in ‘Harlem Mosque’ incident | New York Post. h/t TROP

It’s billed as the “last ride.”

Sunday morning will mark the 10th — and likely last — memorial motorcycle ride by the Blue Knights Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club of Nassau County to honor murdered Patrolman Phillip Cardillo.

Cardillo was fatally shot 43 years ago in the so-called Harlem Mosque incident that occurred on April 14, 1972, when he responded to a phony 911 call that claimed an officer needed assistance.

Members of the Blue Knights began their annual pilgrimage to honor Cardillo a decade ago, by riding from the NYS Trooper barracks in Valley Stream to Calvary Cemetery, in Queens, where Cardillo is buried.

The caravan will continue to the 28th Precinct in Harlem, where many had once hoped a street would be renamed in his honor.

The motorcycle ride is being deemed the “final” one because city officials are naming a street outside the new Police Academy in Queens in Cardillo’s honor in late June or early July, sources said. A new NYPD Harbor launch is also expected to be named in Cardillo’s honor later, sources said.


Previously, NYPD told to get Muslim leaders’ blessing to name street after cop killed in mosque

NYPD Officer Philip Cardillo was shot dead in an infamous 1972 incident in which police responded to a fake “officer down” call from Muhammad Mosque No. 7, the New York headquarters for the Nation of Islam. The accused gunman was later acquitted, and the city’s perceived unwillingness to back the police has long been seen as a low point in relations between city government and the police department. After four decades, NYPD Inspector and local Precinct Commander Rodney Harrison wants a section of 123rd St. named after Cardillo.

“It’s been 40 years,” retired NYPD cop Randy Jurgensen, who was at the mosque when Cardillo was killed, told FoxNews.com. “It would be closure for the Cardillo family and the police officers there that day.”

CB 10 Chairwoman Henrietta Lyle told FoxNews.com Harrison had not completed his application properly. But at the public meeting, she said the board needs to hear from the mosques and that it is up to the NYPD to arrange a meeting with the imams, according to an observer at the meeting.

“They seem to be making a lot of excuses not to do this for a cop who died trying to protect that community,” said a source familiar with the issue.

 

‘Ground Zero mosque’ developer sued over illegal NYC gallery rental used as mosque

via ‘Ground Zero mosque’ developer sued over illegal rental | New York Post.

The developer behind the “Ground Zero mosque” has been told to hit the road. Again.

Sharif El-Gamal, who sparked global controversy with plans for a 13-story mosque and community center less than two blocks from the site of the World Trade Center attacks, illegally rented a Tribeca gallery for months, racking up safety violations from the city and causing at least one resident to leave, the landlord alleges.

El-Gamal and his brother Adham El-Gamal are “sophisticated” real-estate players who should have known better, landlord GG1 LLC claims in a Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit.

Instead, the El-Gamals “knowingly” used the ground-floor retail space at 69 Leonard St. for religious gatherings and “loud parties,” and even stuffed “religious classes” for children into a basement that didn’t have proper fire exits, prompting the FDNY to issue violations, GG1 charges.

In the past, hundreds of worshipers would gather for Friday prayers on Park Place, the site of El-Gamal’s planned mosque and community center, which was known as Park51.

But that space has been boarded up as El-Gamal prepares to demolish it and build a 39-story condo tower and downsized mosque.

In their pursuit of a temporary worship space, Park51 sublet an empty storefront at 49-51 Warren St. last August. But by Sept. 18, the building’s condo board issued a ­legal notice telling them to leave by month’s end.

The condo contended that Park51 wanted to use basement space at the building that was off-limits for gatherings.

Park51 gave up on Warren Street and the El-Gamals rented the space on Leonard, under the name “Prayer Space Inc.”

GG1 claims it is nothing more than a “front” company “to shield their own personal liability with respect to their illegal conduct,” according to the legal filing.

GG1 says it was never informed a religious group was using its building until the El-Gamals were there.

Gallery 69 owner Steve Cornell, who held the original lease for the space, was paying less than $5,500 a month rent when he sublet to the El-Gamals for a whopping $9,000 a month, according to the lawsuit.

The group “frequently caused unreasonably large and loud gatherings . . . to convene at all hours in and near the premises” for “late-night parties,” “large prayer groups and other social gatherings,” uses that violated
the lease, the building’s certificate of occupancy and fire codes, GG1 says.

At least one resident of the five-story mixed-use building, where a three-bedroom apartment rents for nearly $8,000 a month, “abruptly terminated” his occupancy “due to the excessive noise,” GG1 claims.

The El-Gamals finally left 69 Leonard St. last month, after GG1 declined to let them lease the space directly. Now the landlord wants more than $372,000 in damages for back rent, safety violations and other costs.

Sharif El-Gamal denied renting space in the building. Cornell did not return a message seeking comment.

NYC: Husband of jihad plotter waved black flag of jihad at Muslim Day Parade

Update on the Two Queens, New York Muslim Women Charged with Conspiracy to Kill Americans.

Abu-Bakr

Jihad suspect’s husband at NYC Muslim Day Parade

via Jihad Watch.

Says Abu Bakr of his wife’s arrest on jihad terror charges: “I don’t believe any of it, period. We are all shocked, the whole community. That’s not who she is.” But back in 2007, Abu Bakr was photographed at the Muslim Day Parade in New York City with the black flag of jihad. He carried it at other parades as well.

Urban Infidel recognized him from this NY1 video and has the details, including more video, here. Urban Infidel writes to me: “He slips and mentions his ‘wives’ in that NY1 interview.  I presume he has more than one.” Probably so.

“Queens woman suspected of plotting bomb strike worked at preschool,” by Erik Badia, Rocco Parascandola, and Larry Mcshane, New York Daily News, April 4, 2015:

…One of the two Queens women accused of plotting a homemade bomb strike on American soil worked at a preschool, where officials remained tight-lipped Friday after her arrest on terrorism charges.

Asia Siddiqui, a 31-year-old native of Saudi Arabia, was behind bars Friday, locked up with her best friend and accused sister in jihad Noelle Valentzas, 28.

“We have no comment at this time,” said a worker at 82nd Street Academics in Queens on the day after FBI agents arrested the two Al Qaeda-linked suspects at their homes….

Outside their South Jamaica home on Friday, Valentzas’ husband, Abu Bakr, defended his wife and her friend against the federal charges that carry a potential life sentence.


More pictures at Urban Infidel.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 43,682 other followers

%d bloggers like this: