New Jersey: 9/11 survivor from ‘Dust Lady’ photo dies of stomach cancer

NEVER FORGET!


Source: 9/11 ‘Dust Lady’ Marcy Borders dies after battle with stomach cancer | NJ.com

BAYONNE — After a yearlong battle with stomach cancer, Marcy Borders — the woman known as the “Dust Lady” from the iconic photo taken of her as she escaped from the Twin Towers on Sept. 11 — has died, according to Facebook posts by multiple family members.

Michael Borders, Marcy Borders’ brother, said in a Facebook post at 11:22 a.m. yesterday that he needed everyone to pray for her, before posting about 12 hours later: “I can’t believe my sister is gone.”

John Bordes, Marcy Borders’ first cousin, called her “my HERO” in a Facebook comment and said that she “unfortunately succumbed to the diseases that (have) ridden her body since 9/11.”

“In addition to losing so many friends, coworkers, and colleagues on and after that tragic day, the pains from yesteryear (have) found a way to resurface,” he said.

The famous photo shows Marcy Borders, a Bank of America employee at the time, distraught and covered in dust in the aftermath of the attacks in Lower Manhattan.

The Bayonne native fell into a decade-long depression that led her to abuse alcohol and drugs after her traumatic experience on 9/11. In 2011, Borders checked into rehab, and has stayed clean since, she told The Jersey Journal last year.

Borders, a mother of two, was just getting back into the working world — helping with a candidate’s local campaign for mayor — when her doctor told her in August 2014 that she had stomach cancer.

Borders, 41 at the time, told The Jersey Journal in November that she had undergone chemotherapy and that she was scheduled to undergo surgery in December and then radiation and chemotherapy afterward.

At the time, she wondered aloud if her cancer was related to 9/11.

“I’m saying to myself ‘Did this thing ignite cancer cells in me?'” she said. “I definitely believe it because I haven’t had any illnesses. I don’t have high blood pressure…high cholesterol, diabetes.”

Borders told The Jersey Journal at the time that she was struggling to pay off $190,000 in medical bills, as she didn’t have a job or health insurance.

When asked if she ever looked at the “Dust Lady” photo of herself, Borders said she avoided doing so as much as possible.

“I try to take myself from being a victim to being a survivor now. I don’t want to be a victim anymore,” she said.


More:

Marcy wasn’t alone. We’re all prisoners of 9/11, whether we know it or admit it, or not.

RIP Marcy!

Arizona: Muslim Arrested for Recruiting New York Student to Islamic State

Ahmed-Mohammed-el-Gammal_ISIS

Presumably the college student was also a Muslim. via Arizona Man Charged with Providing Material Support to ISIL | OPA | Department of Justice

Ahmed Mohammed El Gammal, aka Jammie Gammal, 42, of Avondale, Arizona, was indicted today for providing and conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a designated foreign terrorist organization, as well as for aiding and abetting the receipt of military-type training from ISIL and conspiring to receive such training.

“Ahmed Mohammed El Gammal is charged with conspiring to provide and providing material support to ISIL,” said Assistant Attorney General Carlin.  “The National Security Division’s highest priority is counterterrorism, and we will continue to pursue justice against those who seek to provide material support to designated foreign terrorist organizations.”

“As alleged, Ahmed Mohammed el Gammal actively touted online his support for ISIL and its terrorist ways, ultimately meeting and assisting a New York college student to travel to Syria to obtain military training from ISIL,” said U.S. Attorney Bharara.  “Individuals like Gammal who allegedly serve as facilitators for ISIL fuel the hatred and radicalization that keep terrorist organizations like ISIL alive.”

“As alleged, Gammal helped a college student in New York receive terrorist training in Syria through a contact in Turkey, in order to support ISIL,” said Assistant Director in Charge Rodriguez.  “These relationships were allegedly made and solidified through the internet while Gammal was in Arizona.  This is another example of how social media is utilized for nefarious and criminal purposes around the world.  The identification of the conspiracy, and arrest today, demonstrate how federal and local law enforcement continue to work together to mitigate such threats globally and protect the United States.”

As alleged in the indictment returned today and the complaint unsealed yesterday in the Southern District of New York:

In August 2014, a 24-year-old New York City resident (CC-1) learned via social media that El Gammal had posted social media comments that supported ISIL.  Minutes later, CC-1 contacted El Gammal.  Over the next several months, CC-1 and El Gammal continued corresponding over the Internet, although CC-1 deleted many of these exchanges.

In the midst of these communications, in October 2014, El Gammal traveled to Manhattan, New York, where CC-1 was enrolled in college, and contacted and met with CC-1.  While in New York City, El Gammal also contacted another co-conspirator (CC-2), who lived in Turkey, about CC-1’s plans to travel to the Middle East.  El Gammal later provided CC-1 with social media contact information for CC-2.  Thereafter, El Gammal and CC-2 had multiple social media exchanges about CC-1 traveling to the Middle East.  In addition, CC-1 began communicating with CC-2, introducing himself as a friend of “Gammal’s.”

In late January 2015, CC-1 abruptly left New York City for Istanbul.  After CC-1 arrived in Turkey, El Gammal continued to communicate with him over the Internet, providing advice on traveling toward Syria and on meeting with CC-2.  After CC-1 arrived in Syria, he received military-type training from ISIL between early February and at least early May 2015.

On May 7, 2015, CC-1 reported to El Gammal that “everything [was] going according to plan.”

El Gammal is charged with one count of providing material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization and one count of conspiring to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, each of which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison; one count of receiving military-type training from a designated foreign terrorist organization, which carries a mandatory sentence of 10 years in prison; and one count of conspiring to receive military-type training from a designated foreign terrorist organization, which carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.  The maximum potential sentences in this case are prescribed by Congress and are provided here for informational purposes only, as the defendant’s sentence, if any, will be determined by a judge.

El Gammal was arrested on Aug. 24, 2015, in Avondale, and presented in federal court in the District of Arizona, pursuant to a criminal complaint.  The case is assigned to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos of the Southern District of New York.

El Gammal Indictment


More:

More video here.

Torontostan: Disabled man told taxpayer-funded subsidized housing for Muslims-only

Source: Disabled man told subsidized housing is for Muslims only | Toronto Star. h/t Atlas Shrugs

A young wheelchair user has been taken off the waiting list for a publicly subsidized apartment because he is not a member of the Muslim community that established the building — a practice that, while legal, raises concerns that accommodations for cultural and religious groups could be limiting access to affordable housing.

According to a letter that arrived at his mother’s house last week, Austin Lewis, 21, was removed from the waiting list at the Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace building on Finch Ave. W in North York because he is not a member of their faith.

The supposedly moderate, peaceful Ahmadiyya’s. Like all Muslims, they still enforce the same sharia.

“It was mostly confusing, more than anything else,” he said. “Why would a government segregate its own building?”

The 16-storey building, which provides a range of services to its residents including a prayer room that accommodates 250, was actually approved in the 1990s as part of a provincial program to encourage non-profits and religious groups to build affordable housing, according to its property manager.

Lewis, who has used a wheelchair since a disease attacked his spinal cord when he was 8, says he applied to more than 100 accessible buildings in Toronto, Brampton and Peel Region, and there was no notice that any of them were restricted to a certain community.

“We had no idea. The letter came as a complete shock,” he said.

The city provides a $1.7-million subsidy for 94 rent-geared-to-income units under a five-year agreement, which began Jan. 1, that restricts tenants to “members of the Muslim Jama’at.”

His mother, Laura Whiteway, is incensed that her son could be turned away from a wheelchair-accessible building.

“They’re being given a licence to discriminate. It’s just wrong,” she said.

Minnesota: State and city taxpayers lose big on Somali-Muslim daycare fraud

Source: Minnesota state and city taxpayers lose big on Somali-run daycare fraud | Alpha News. h/t Refugee Resettlement Watch

Since the Minnesota Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) fully-staffed their new child care fraud investigative unit in the spring of 2014, they’ve worked with the FBI to shutter daycare centers around the state.  Of the cases that have hit the news since then, all have involved Somali-run businesses.

Khadra Abdisafad Hirsi, 47, was the director and co-owner of Ace Daycare Center in Eden Prairie.   In February, Hirsi pleaded guilty to knowingly submitting fraudulent claims to the state of Minnesota’s Child Care Assistance Program. From November of 2011-May of 2013, Hrisi inflated the number of children using her daycare’s services and fraudulently obtained $300,000 in payments from the state of Minnesota and the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services. Earlier this month Hirsi was sentenced to one year and one day in federal prison and ordered to pay $300,000 in restitution.

Hiris

Hirsi, who also goes by the name of Khadra Duale, was employed by the City of

Eden Prairie as a part-time community services technician, also known as the immigrant liaison, from October 2003-September 2011, she was also part-time staff at the Eden Prairie community center.  Hirsi was paid $284,944 in salary and $35,806 in health and dental benefits by the city during that time.  She co-owned the Ace Daycare in Eden Prairie with her husband Mohamed F. Arab, although there were no charges against him.   The Eden Prairie news called Hirsi and her husband “leaders in the Somali community” in a 2009 video interview featuring the couple.  They filed for bankruptcy this summer according to public records.

The Ace Daycare building was leased to to Hirsi by the city of Eden Prairie starting in September 2010, while she was still working for the city. The lease was transferred in October of 2013 to Roda Farrah Moahmed, owner of Light House Daycare.  In March of 2015, the city renewed the lease to Lighthouse which will run through October 2020. Lighthouse is licensed with the state of Minnesota, and was fined $400 in March of this year by the state for failing to submit background studies for multiple staff members

Deqo daycare center, which had three locations in Apple Valley, St. Paul, and Minneapolis was shut down in 2013 due to licensing violations and prosecutors charged  husband and wife Ahmed Aden Mohamed and Yasmin Abdulle Ali for bilking the state out of nearly $3.7 million, $3.1 million of which was collected from April 2012-January 2013.  The duo had recruited more than 100 parents to enroll their own children in the program.

Salama Child Care Center in Minneapolis was raided in May of this year by the FBI and state agents. Salama is run by Ardo Diriye whose daughter Farah Adid is the Director of Operations and is “also licensed to provide standardized day care and preschool curriculum.” Per KSTP News, the search warrant indicated that there was a large discrepancy between the number of children attending and the number receiving state funds.  The investigation is ongoing and includes suspicion of wire fraud, aggravated identity theft and theft of public money.

Yasmin Muhina Salim, owner of Kind Heart Day Care Center in Mankato, was arrested in June of 2014 for defrauding the state for $12,000 over a three month period.

DHS’s Office of the Inspector General’s (OIG) report for 2014  stated that “The OIG is seriously concerned about a pattern of child care fraud activities that involves deception and exploitation. It begins with recruiting parents as child care center employees with the condition that they enroll their children in a child care assistance program (CCAP) to ensure public funds revenue for the business; the scheme ends with exploiting four sets of victims: the children, parents, those on the Child Care Assistance Program waiting list and taxpayers.”

The prevalence of Somali-run daycare providers being found guilty of fraud by the new investigative unit may be a coincidence.  Ongoing investigations by the child care investigative unit are not public information.  The $4 million + in fraud that’s been discovered so far represents just 1% of the estimated $418 million in child care payments made by the state in 2014-2015.

 

Oklahoma Univ’s arch dean apologizes for wearing Muslim garb after a couple of Muslims complain

It’s not like he equated Muslim terrorists to Nazi’s, he just put on Wahhabi jihadist clothing. via OU Architecture dean apologizes for offense caused by attire – OUDaily.com: News. h/t BNI

The dean of OU’s College of Architecture issued an apology Monday for wearing clothing associated with Islam at a back-to-school meeting.

A photo on the College of Architecture’s Facebook page that has since been deleted showed Dean Charles Graham wearing a white thawb and a red keffiyeh on his head at the meeting on Aug. 20.

In his apology, he said he purchased the garments when he went to Dubai. According to the apology, he asked “a number of [his] Muslim friends around campus and in Norman to see if [his] wearing the attire would be offensive in any religious way,” to which the answers were “all resoundingly ‘no.'”

OU press secretary Corbin Wallace told The Daily in an email that three or four people anonymously contacted the president’s office regarding Graham’s attire. He said Graham took an appropriate step in emailing the apology to faculty and staff.

Graham described himself as “always striving to be inclusive and considerate of others in every context” in his apology, and said his Muslim friends thought wearing the attire would be “a nice gesture of diversity and acceptance of other cultures.”

The College of Architecture has a study abroad program in Dubai which explores building design and construction within the city. The program has sent more than 30 students there in the past couple of years, Graham said in his apology.

Graham welcomes anyone who wants to discuss the matter with him, according to his apology, but declined to comment to The Daily when staff attempted both to call him and to speak with him in person.


Groveling dhimmitude. Apology letter at the link above.

churchill-appeaser

FBI: More (Muslim) women in U.S. joining Islamic State Terrorists (VIDEO)

The “new” FBI, nor CNN, will tell you they are Muslim women or that they convert to Islam, then join ISIS – after meeting Muslim men. via FBI: More women in the U.S. are joining ISIS:

The FBI warns U.S. law enforcement about the growing number of female ISIS recruits in America. CNN’s Pamela Brown reports.

A reporter in the video sums up the religion of peace very well, “It’s a horrible existence and chances are you are gonna die.”

 

Muslim terrorist arrested for 1996 Khobar Towers bombing that killed 19 Americans

…and wounded almost 500 people.  via Ahmed al-Mughassil, suspect in 1996 Khobar Towers bombing, arrested

A man suspected in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers residence at a U.S. military base in Saudi Arabia has been captured, a U.S. official said Wednesday.

Ahmed al-Mughassil, described by the FBI in 2001 as the head of the military wing of Saudi Hezbollah, is suspected of leading the attack that killed 19 U.S. service personnel and wounded almost 500 people. The June 25, 1996, bombing at Khobar Towers, a military housing complex, was the deadliest such attack targeting U.S. forces since the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Marines’ barracks in Beirut that killed 241 American servicemen.

mughassil

Saudi paper Asharq Alawsat, which first reported the development, said he was arrested in Beirut and transferred to Riyadh.

The Saudi Interior Ministry had no immediate comment. The U.S. official spoke on grounds of anonymity because this person was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

Al-Mughassil, also known as Abu Omran, is one of 13 people named in a 2001 indictment in Alexandria, Virginia, in connection with the bombing. Charges include murder of federal employees and bombing resulting in death. None of the 13 has yet been brought to court to face charges, according to court documents.

The lead prosecutor listed in court records from 2001 is James Comey, now the FBI director.

In the Khobar attack, militants parked a fuel trailer truck just outside the shallow perimeter of the apartment complex, 85 feet away from one of the eight-story buildings. The blast demolished one side of the building, leaving a massive crater.

The U.S. later moved its Air Force contingent to the Prince Sultan Air Base, a vast compound in a remote stretch of desert south of the Saudi capital, Riyadh.

A U.S. federal grand jury indictment named 13 Saudis and one Lebanese man in connection with the bombing, saying they were part of the Saudi Hezbollah extremist group. That group was founded by members of the desert kingdom’s Shiite minority who fled into exile in the 1980s to escape what they said was persecution by the kingdom’s Sunni majority.

The 2001 indictment placed heavy blame on Iran for nurturing the attack but stopped short of mentioning any Iranians by name or linking them directly to Khobar. However, in 2006, U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth ruled the Iranian government financed the bombing, ordering it to pay $254 million to the attack’s victims. Iran repeatedly has denied being involved.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 45,746 other followers

%d bloggers like this: