Trump: ‘For every terror case known to public, there are dozens, dozens more’

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A line from Donald Trump’s foreign policy speech stood out, highlighted below. Source: Read Donald Trump’s ‘America First’ Foreign Policy Speech | TIME

The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens and dozens more. We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies. We have no idea where these people are coming from. There’s no documentation. There’s no paperwork. There’s nothing. We have to be smart. We have to be vigilant.


Think about that and remember, thanks to Obama policies, Customs and Border Patrol was forced to “modify” nearly a thousand terror suspect entries and remove all references to terrorism.  Meanwhile, both homegrown and immigrant/refugee terror attacks proliferate:

FOIA: DHS Officials Ordered Nearly 1,000 Names Removed From Terrorist Watch List

30+ (Vetted) Immigrants Admitted to U.S. Recently Implicated in Islamic Terrorism

2015 was Huge Year for Non-Existent Problem of Islamic Terrorism

Brother of San Bernardino terrorist, 2 others arrested for immigration fraud

Obama’s intentional dismantling of immigration enforcement and his Muslim refugee scheme led directly to the deaths of Americans. How many more unvetted Muslim terrorists are lurking in the U.S.?  Source: Brother of San Bernardino terrorist, 2 others arrested

Three people linked to the couple whose December shooting rampage in San Bernardino left 14 people dead were arrested Thursday on conspiracy, marriage fraud and other charges.

The three include Syed Raheel Farook, brother of Syed Rizwan Farook who with his wife, Tashfeen Malik, also wounded 22 people before both died in a police shootout.

Raheel Farook, 31, his wife, Tatiana Farook, 31, and her sister Mariya Chernynk were named in a five-count indictment describing a scheme designed to allow Chernykh to syed-raheel-farookremain in the U.S. Chernykh, 26, is married to Enrique Marquez, Jr., who has been awaiting trial since December on charges of conspiring with Rizwan Farook in 2011 and 2012 to provide material support to terrorists.

Malik and Rizwan Farook opened fire at a holiday party at San Bernardino’s Inland Regional Center on Dec. 2. Syed Rizwan Farook had worked as an environmental health specialist for San Bernardino County for five years and had been at the party with his co-workers before leaving and returning with his wife, four guns and a bomb.

FBI Director James Comey described the couple as “homegrown violent extremists” who had become radicalized over a period of years but were not part of a foreign militant group. The Islamic State claimed the man-and-wife team, who left behind a 6-month-old daughter, were supporters of the organization.

All the latest charges stem from the investigation into the attack, U.S. Attorney Eileen Decker said in a statement.

“This is the latest step in the comprehensive investigation into the horrific attacks in San Bernardino,” Decker said. “We owe the victims and the entire community of San Bernardino a thorough investigation that uncovers all criminal activity surrounding these events.”

The investigation determined that Marquez agreed to marry Chernykh so she could obtain immigration benefits otherwise not available to her because she is a Russian citizen without legal status in the United States. Marquez, in addition to the terror-related counts, also is charged with marriage fraud and making a false statement on immigration documents related to an alleged sham marriage.

The indictment alleges Marquez received money from Chernykh to enter into the sham marriage.

Raheel Farook and Tatiana Farook conspired by witnessing Marquez and Chernykh’s wedding, taking staged family pictures of Marquez and Chernykh, establishing a joint checking account for the couple and creating a back-dated lease for Marquez and Chernykh to create the illusion that they shared a marital residence.

The indictment charges all three in a conspiracy to knowingly make false statements under oath with respect to immigration documents, a charge that carries a statutory maximum sentence of five years in federal prison. Chernykh also faces a charge of document fraud, perjury and two counts of lying to federal agents. Those charges carry a combined maximum sentence of 25 years.

In February, the FBI conducted an hours-long search of Raheel Farook’s home in Corona, Calif. Authorities declined to reveal the target of the search or what was found. Later that month the case made national news again when the Justice Department went to court trying to force Apple to break into Rizwan Farook’s iPhone. The FBI ultimately paid an outside party more than $1.3 million to hack the phone.

Muslim Gets 25 Years for Murdering U.S. Diplomat, Wounding Marine

Not sure why this was a “conspiracy to murder” charge. He shot and killed U.S. diplomat William Bultemeier at point blank range.

Source: Department of Justice  h/t: Blazing Cat Fur

Alhassane Ould Mohamed, aka Cheibani, 46, a citizen of Mali, was sentenced to 25 years in prison in the Eastern District of New York for conspiring to murder a U.S. diplomat stationed in Niamey, Niger, in December 2000.

According to court filings and facts presented during the plea proceeding, in the early morning hours of Dec. 23, 2000, Mohamed and a co-conspirator accosted a group of employees of the U.S. Embassy in Niger as they left a restaurant in Niamey.  Carrying a pistol and an AK-47 assault rifle, the two men approached U.S. diplomat William Bultemeier as he was about to enter his car, a white sport-utility vehicle bearing diplomatic license plates clearly indicating that it belonged to the U.S. Embassy.  After demanding that Bultemeier turn over the keys to the diplomatic vehicle, the defendant and his co-conspirator shot Bultemeier and Staff Sergeant Christopher McNeely, the Marine Detachment Commander for the U.S. Embassy in Niger at the time, who had run to Bultemeier’s aid.  Mohamed and his fellow assailant then drove away in the U.S. Embassy vehicle.

Bultemeier died of the injuries inflicted by the gunshot wounds.  Staff Sergeant McNeely survived the shooting and later retired from the Marine Corps as a Master Sergeant.

The defendant and his confederate murdered U.S. diplomat William Bultemeier in cold blood and seriously injured U.S. Marine Staff Sergeant Christopher McNeely, who bravely risked his life to attempt to save his colleague,” said U.S. Attorney Capers.  “Although nothing can undo the pain caused by the defendant’s violent actions, we hope the victims’ families can take some measure of solace in knowing that the defendant is being held accountable for the senseless murder of Mr. Bultemeier and the attack on Staff Sergeant McNeely.  The United States takes the protection of its employees stationed overseas very seriously and will continue to work tirelessly to bring those who harm our diplomats to justice.”

“Over the past 16 years, Cheibani evaded full accountability for his murderous actions in taking the life of a U.S. Diplomat,” said Assistant Director in Charge Rodriguez.  “U.S. employees working overseas understand there are certain risks in representing their government in foreign territories; however, a death sentence should not be one of them.

Minnesota: Another Muslim Pleads Guilty in Jihad-Recruiting Case

Source: Another Defendant in Terror-Recruiting Case Pleads Guilty | KSTP TV – Minneapolis and St. Paul

A Minnesota man arrested in 2015 on charges he and several others were trying to assist the Islamic State terror group pleaded guilty Monday in federal court.

Hamza Ahmed pleaded guilty to conspiracy and student financial fraud. He could get up to 20 years in prison.

He told the judge today that he originally pleaded ‘not guilty’ to appease his mother.  He said she wanted to see his case go to trial and “she was a big influence in that.”

Judge Michael Davis ordered a pre-sentence investigation report, and will schedule a sentencing hearing after it is complete.

Ahmed was stopped at a New York City airport in November as he and three others were attempting to travel to Syria. Ahmed has been indicted on charges of lying to the FBI during a terrorism investigation, conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State terror group, and attempting to provide material support, according to federal charges.

There are three other suspects still awaiting trial in this case, six others have changed their pleas.

Most recently, co-defendent Adnan Abdihamid Farah also pleaded guilty April 14.

Muslim terrorists behead Canadian, kill gay USAID worker in separate attacks

Religion of peace. Source: Canadian killed by terrorist group in Philippines, another held hostage – The Globe and Mail

A terrorist group in the Philippines has killed John Ridsdel, the 68-year-old Canadian kidnapped last September – an execution Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called “cold-blooded murder” and the man’s family said was “senseless.”

A second Canadian, 50-year-old Robert Hall, remains captive, a Canadian government official confirmed.

Mr. Ridsdel was a world traveller who had made the Philippines his home. He was a passionate sailor, experienced in living and travelling in conflict areas, and a father of two adult daughters.

He was held for a ransom by the terrorist organization Abu Sayyaf and beheaded after the deadline passed.

On Monday evening, during a power outage in the Philippine municipality of Jolo, two men on motorcycles threw a plastic bag into a square near the town’s municipal offices and police station.

Children playing nearby initially ran from the bag, believing it to be a bomb, said Dr. Raden Ikbala, a local physician. But when “they opened it, they saw the head of a man,” he said, and reported it to police.

Such tactics have been used before by local militants.

“Sometimes they throw the heads in public places so that it will be discovered,” said Dick Gordon, a Philippine senator who had been asked several months ago to negotiate the release of the hostages. He said it appears “he was executed because of the failure to pay the ransom” – although none of the circumstances are clear.

The men on the motorcycle, Mr. Gordon said, left a chilling message as they departed.

“They threw it, and they said, ‘We will be back.’ We don’t know why they said that.”

Abu Sayyaf, the jihadi group that allegedly killed Mr. Ridsdel…has pledged allegiance to Islamic State…


Elsewhere, Al Qaeda claims responsibility for murder of gay rights activist in Bangladesh

The Bangladeshi branch of Al Qaeda claimed responsibility Tuesday for the killing of a gay rights activist and his friend, undermining the prime minister’s insistence just hours earlier that her political opponents were to blame for the attack and for a rising tide of violence against secular activists and writers.

The claim by Ansar-al-islam — which said it targeted the two men on Monday night because they were “pioneers of practicing and promoting homosexuality” — raised doubts about Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s repeated assurances that authorities have the security situation under control.

The victims of the attack were identified as Xulhaz Mannan, an activist who also worked for the U.S. Agency for International Development, and his friend, theater actor Tanay Majumder. Mannan, a cousin of former Foreign Minister Dipu Moni of the governing party, was also an editor of Bangladesh’s first gay rights magazine, Roopbaan. Majumder sometimes helped with the publishing, local media said.

Mannan had written openly about the frustration of living “in the closet” as a gay man in Bangladesh, where homosexual relations are considered a crime. In a May 2014 blog, he said gays and lesbians in Bangladesh experience “A country where the predominant religions say you are a sinner, the law of the land says you are a criminal, the social norms say you are a pervert, the culture considers you as imported.”

He launched the magazine in 2014, giving the country’s small and secretive lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community its first open platform. Earlier this month, he tried to organize a Rainbow Rally in the capital, but was foiled when police briefly detained him and three others.

Ansar-al Islam, the Bangladeshi branch of Al Qaeda on the Indian subcontinent, or AQIS, claimed responsibility in a Twitter message on Tuesday for what it called a “blessed attack” on Mannan and Majumder.

It said the two were killed because they were “pioneers of practicing and promoting homosexuality in Bangladesh” and were “working day and night to promote homosexuality … with the help of their masters, the U.S. crusaders and its Indian allies.”


But the U.S. media is focused on transgender bathrooms.

Long Island: Muslim Sentenced To 25 Years For Plotting To Help Al Qaeda

An update we missed last April. Source: Marcos Alonso Zea Sentenced To 25 Years For Plotting To Help Al Qaeda « CBS New York

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A Long Island man who was thwarted in his attempt to fly to Yemen to join a Middle Eastern terrorist group and then admitted continuing to plot with others to assist them was sentenced Monday to 25 years in prison.

Marcos Alonso Zea, 26, of Brentwood, pleaded guilty in September to attempting to provide material support to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, also known as Ansar al-Sharia, and obstruction of justice.

Federal prosecutors said Zea flew to London on his way to Yemen in January 2012. He was rejected by customs officials in London and returned to the United States. Once home, prosecutors say, Zea continued participating in the conspiracy. He was arrested in October 2013.

U.S. District Court Judge Sandra Feuerstein rejected an appeal for lenience from Zea’s attorney, Marc Bogotin, who argued that despite the guilty plea, his client had not actually committed any violent acts that would require him to receive the maximum penalty. Had he gone to trial, Zea could have faced up to life in prison. Bogotin suggested that Zea be sentenced to about 10 years in prison.

Feuerstein appeared dubious at that contention, noting that Zea admitted wanting to assist the terror group.

“Why, if not to support them?” she asked. “Then why was he going there?”

Bogotin countered that there “was no evidence that he intended to fight.”

Zea declined to comment when given an opportunity by the judge to make a statement.

Later, the judge told him his sentence should serve as deterrent. “I think there has to be a message to others that this is conduct that is absolutely unacceptable,” she said.

U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said in a statement that Zea “presents a chilling reminder of the danger presented to the United States by homegrown terrorists. Born, raised, and schooled in the United States, the defendant nevertheless betrayed his country by attempting to join al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, assisting a co-conspirator’s attempt to join that terrorist group, and, after learning he was under investigation, attempting to destroy evidence of his guilt.”

Prosecutors said Zea, who converted to Islam several years before his arrest, gave money to and instructed co-conspirator Justin Kaliebe, also of Brentwood, on how to evade electronic surveillance by law enforcement as he discussed Kaliebe’s plans to wage jihad.

Zea, who worked as a clerk at a home improvement store, was inspired by terrorist propaganda, according to the FBI.

Among Islamic extremist materials found on Zea’s computer were issues of an al Qaeda publication that promotes violent jihad, authorities said. The publication contained articles such as “Which is Better: Martyrdom or Victory?” “Why did I choose al Qaida?” and “What to Expect in Jihad?”

Zea had tried to destroy his computer harddrive, WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell reported.

Investigators said they also found a video produced by al Qaeda depicting detonation of an explosive device on a vehicle carrying Western military personnel.

Zea also admitted giving money to and instructing Kaliebe on how to elude law enforcement surveillance.

Kaliebe, 20, pleaded guilty in a secret federal court proceeding in 2013 to attempting to provide material support to a terrorist organization. He faces a sentencing hearing next month. His attorney has said Kaliebe was diagnosed with a form of autism as a child and did not understand the gravity of what he was doing.

Both men appear to have been swept up in the New York Police Department’s ongoing investigation into the activities of Muslims throughout the region.

About nine relatives and friends of Zea’s sat stoically in the courtroom during the sentencing and declined to speak with reporters after the proceeding. They waved and blew kisses as he left the courtroom.


It seems the converts get more time than the natural born Muslims. As noted in our post on Zea’s co-conspirator:  New York: Another Muslim Pleads Guilty al Qaeda Support Case

According to court filings, on January 18, 2013, Kaliebe reaffirmed his commitment to jihad, telling an NYPD Intelligence Division undercover officer in a recorded conversation that he understood “there’s a way out, but for me, the only way out is [martyrdom].” Additionally, Kaliebe paid homage to several terrorist leaders, telling the undercover law enforcement officer:

“[My] standard is Abu Dujana. [M]y standard is Abu Mus’ab Al-Zarqawi. My standard is Sheik Anwar Al-Awlaki and Sheik Osama, both who bore witness to the truth for their blood.”

Finally, Kaliebe stated, “Oh Allah, please allow me, please allow me and my brother…to fight jihad in your cause, oh, Allah. Oh, Allah, please give us one of the two victories, victory on the ground or victory through [martyrdom.]”

Muslim in Minnesota Plotted with ISIS to Route Jihadis Through Mexico to US

ali-omar-jihadi

Guled Ali Omar

Source: U.S. Muslim Plotted with Islamic State to Smuggle Fighters Through Mexico, Say Feds

Court documents reveal that a Minnesota Muslim who was allegedly plotting with others to join the Islamic State discussed routing potential terrorists through Mexico to carry out attacks on U.S. soil.

Gules Ali Omar reportedly told members of ISIS that a route through Mexico into the United States could be used to smuggle in potential terrorists according to documents obtained by Breitbart Texas that were filed by prosecutors earlier this week.

Omar was alleged to have been conspiring with a group of Muslim men to join the fight with ISIS to carry out attacks against this country.

Prosecutors said in the documents that Omar spoke of how one of the defendants “found a means of reaching Syria by going through Mexico.” He then allegedly said that “defendants will be able to tell ISIL of the route so that ISIL can send fighters into the United States via that route to mount attacks.”

The documents were filed by prosecutors arguing why their evidence should be admitted in a trial scheduled to begin in May against Omar and some of his alleged conspirators.

Omar is set to stand trial along with Hamza Naj Ahmed, Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, and Abdirahman Yasin Daud.


Back stories on Omar and his terrorist Muslim pals, their terrorist lawyers and parents who knew of the terror plans here.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 55,524 other followers

%d bloggers like this: